Failings of the Family Court of Australia towards children

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Failings of the Family Court of Australia towards children

Postby magichappens134 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 am

It does seem interesting to me that in our current legal system for the "Family Court", best interests of the child are not really considered. It seems to be more a 'best interests of the parent with the most money' and 'lets use the children as pawns in our divorce, dear' system. In recent dealings with a custody battle over my brother in which I was heavily involved, and used as a witness, I was told by the child psychologist (and I quote) "I do not wish to speak with you as I do not want you to say something which you may come to regret in 20 yrs time". As an eloquent and mature 15 year old this infuriated me. Fascinating that as a child in the family court, my best interests (or my brothers) were not of a major concern! It became a continuum of my stepfathers control and abuse of my mother.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire

Universal Declaration of the Rights of the Child: http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/25.htm

Principle 6

The child, for the full and harmonious development of his personality, needs love and understanding. He shall, wherever possible, grow up in the care and under the responsibility of his parents, and, in any case, in an atmosphere of affection and of moral and material security; a child of tender years shall not, save in exceptional circumstances, be separated from his mother.
magichappens134

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 pm

What city are you in, in Australia? (You don't have to answer btw.)

If you are still a child there are places you might be able to get some help from tho its not always easy.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby magichappens134 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:24 am

I have tried many avenues, and I think I may have just found a way to be heard. I have my own lawyer who is not an independant childs lawyer appointed by the court, but one who heard about my case and offered his services.

I suppose I just have hope that this will finally bring some justice to mother who has been abused by far too long by a man whose charismatic personality fools most.

I will continue to pursue this matter with hope that no other child will be put through what my brother and I have had to endure.
magichappens134

Return to Justice