Joan Baez: MKULTRA victim? She says, spook father-Cornell

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Joan Baez: MKULTRA victim? She says, spook father-Cornell

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 am

The CIA's Operation CHAOS attacked American domestic groups and lots of prominent musicians suddenly died as detailed in Alex Constantine's 2000 book The Covert War Against Rock.<br><br>Cultural icons like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, etc. fueled a humanist spirit in a generation opposed to the military industrial American way of life.<br><br>I didn't know Joan Baez had a spook father.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.konformist.com/rocknroll/chaos.htm">www.konformist.com/rocknroll/chaos.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Richard Farina: Married Mimi Baez, sister of Joan Baez - to the national security state born. Joan Baez wrote in her autobiography, And a Voice to Sing With (Signet, 1987), that when she was a young girl, "most of the bright young Stanford scientists went off to Los Alamos, New Mexico, where the atomic bomb was being developed. My father recognized the potential destructive power of the unleashed atom even in those early days. So he took a job as a research physicist at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York." Cornell was the home base of the CIA's mind control experiments, and Joan Baez is a self-described survivor of ritual child abuse, which employs a form of mind control, trauma-based programming, a technique perfected by the CIA.<br><br>"Soon my father was invited to become Head of Operations Research at Cornell. Exactly what the job entailed was classified information, but he was offered a three-week cruise on an aircraft carrier as an introduction to the project and promised a huge salary. As it turned out, he would be overseeing Project Portrex, a vast amphibious exercise which among other things involved testing fighter jets, then a relatively new phenomenon. Millions of dollars would be poured into the project, about which he was to know little and say less." Farina, who had married into a CIA family, was killed in a motorcycle crash. According to the sleeve of his last record, "Goldwater was about to win the California primary and the skies were somewhat uneasy."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Joan Baez: MKULTRA victim? She says, spook father-Cornel

Postby dude h homeslice ix » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:34 pm

boy, the 60s aint what they used to be, huh? <p></p><i></i>
dude h homeslice ix

Re: Joan Baez: MKULTRA victim? She says, spook father-Cornel

Postby dude h homeslice ix » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:36 pm

i mean whats next? put this with the deadheadbohocoulter, the sri counterculture coopt, the jimi hendrix hijinx, and all the other stuff thats been popping up here lately, and im beginning to be REALLY glad i wasnt around for it. <p></p><i></i>
dude h homeslice ix

homeslice

Postby robertdreed » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:26 pm

Given that, it's anybody's guess what's going to happen when you find out that the Ramones were vocal Reagan supporters.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Rocket To Russia</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 6/29/06 11:27 am<br></i>
robertdreed

not ALL the Ramones

Postby TroubleFunk » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:16 pm

As I understand it, Johnny was the Reagan fan (and later prominent Republican). "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg" was a fairly scathing condemnation of Ronnie, as I recall, and caused a rift in the group. <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Hippies And Cops Together, No More Stormy Weather

Postby Pissed Off Cabbie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:59 pm

In the mid-70's, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band made an album with right-wing bluegrass musicians, Will The Circle Be Unbroken. It served to lessen some of the hatred good 'ol boys had for hippie musicians.<br><br>I was always intrigued by that motorcycle accident Bob Dylan had. It seemed to mark the end of his political writing in that era. <p></p><i></i>
Pissed Off Cabbie

Re: Hippies And Cops Together, No More Stormy Weather

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:15 am

Don't forget that the Beatles were cointelpro-ed when they went to play in the Phillipines under the US-backed Marcos regime in summer of 1966.<br><br>Their concert sales marketing was sabotaged and a supposed invite to meet the local dicatators didn't get through with a nationalist riot ensuing at the airport and the same thing in the next country, India.<br><br>Paul got a black eye from a cop who was 'protecting him' at the India airport.<br><br>Soon the Beatles stopped touring and when Lennon was coming out of family-mode retirement in 1980 he was murdered.<br><br>The same Newsweek magazing that announced his murder as both "the largest public event since the shooting of JFK" and "the end of the sixties" also introduced all of president-elect Ronald Reagan's new cabinet with William Casey as Director of CIA.<br>Casey and George HWBush made a deal with Iran to hold American hostages until after the US election in exchange for weapons, the infamous 'October Suprise.'<br><br>Some of John Lennon's FBI file has been released by FOIA request but the redactions are numerous.<br><br>The 'war' in Culture War is the real thing. People are killed. <br><br>Pretty obvious how Lennon's murder was used like a starting pistol for fascists to get back to business as usual. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Hippies And Cops Together, No More Stormy Weather

Postby robertdreed » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:42 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I was always intrigued by that motorcycle accident Bob Dylan had. It seemed to mark the end of his political writing in that era.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Consider that he'd given his listeners more than enough to chew on already. <br><br>I mean, it's almost 40 years later, and that stuff is still predicting the future...specific metaphors and all. <br><br>Of course, as Frank Zappa once said, psychics and clairvoyants- that includes your high-level poets- <br> aren't really looking ahead into the future, they're simply <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>looking around</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> in the present, 360 degrees. Often, paying attention to what other people find too uncomfortable to note. <br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>It's tough out there<br>High water everywhere</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bobdylan.com/songs/highwater.html">bobdylan.com/songs/highwater.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 6/29/06 11:45 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

James Marshall Hendrix

Postby Pissed Off Cabbie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:55 am

What were those "Hendrix hijinx"? I know that he had competing managers who fought over him, and, at one point, had him kidnapped by thugs. <p></p><i></i>
Pissed Off Cabbie

Baby Rose

Postby Sweejak » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:20 am

I think this is a repost, oh well:<br><br> <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Joan Baez Lyrics - PLAY ME BACKWARDS Lyrics<br><br>You don't have to play me backwards<br>To get the meaning of my verse<br>You don't have to die and go to hell<br>To feel the devil's curse<br><br>Well I thought my life was a photograph<br>On the family Christmas card<br>Kids all dressed in buttons and bows<br>And lined up in the yard<br>Were the golden days of childhood<br>So lyrical and warm<br>Or did the picture start to fade<br>On the day that I was born<br><br>I've seen them light the candles<br>I've heard them bang the drum<br>And I've cried Mama, I'm cold as ice!<br>And I got no place to run<br><br>Let the night begin there's a pop of skin<br>And the sudden rush of scarlet<br>There's a little boy riding on a goat's head<br>And a little girl playing the harlot<br>There's a sacrifice in an empty church<br>Of sweet li'l baby Rose<br>And a man in a mask from Mexico<br>Is peeling off my clothes<br><br>I've seen them light the candles<br>I've heard them bang the drum<br>And I've cried Mama, I'm cold as ice!<br>And I got no place to run<br><br>So I'm paying for protection<br>Smoking out the truth<br>Chasing recollections<br>Nailing down the proof<br><br>You don't have to play me backwards<br>To get the meaning of my verse<br>You don't have to die and go to hell<br>To feel the devil's curse<br>I'll stand before your altar<br>And tell everything I know<br>I've come to claim my childhood<br>At the chapel of baby Rose<br><br>I've seen them light the candles<br>I've heard them bang the drum<br>I've seen them light the candles<br>I've heard them bang the drum<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Re: Baby Rose

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:34 am

wow. I see Joan Baez in a whole new light.<br><br>Re: The spook manager who terrorized Jimi Hendrix-<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rockmine.music.co.uk/Hendrix/StLife2.html">www.rockmine.music.co.uk/...Life2.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>There is, for example, the fantastic story of the Hendrix "kidnapping" that Curtis Knight relates.<br>Hendrix wanted to release a double album (presumably the one that he was working on with Douglas) but his management said that ''there wasn't enough public demand" and that they would release a single album. Says Hendrix: "Before I realised what had happened I found myself forcibly abducted by four men. I was blindfolded and gagged and shoved rudely into the back of a car. I couldn't understand what the fuck was going on as I lay there sweating with some one's knee in my back.<br>I was taken to some deserted building and made to believe that they really intended to hurt me. They never did tell me why they abducted me. The whole thing seemed very mysterious because after a while I realised that if they really had intended to hurt me they would have already done it by this time.<br>"And the whole thing seemed even more mysterious when I was rescued by three men supposedly sent by the management. They really effected a story book rescue."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Baby Rose

Postby dude h homeslice ix » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:37 am

man i saw joan baez years ago, and she made a big monologue about sexually abused girls, and played a song about it. :damned: <p></p><i></i>
dude h homeslice ix

Hendrix

Postby robertdreed » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:14 am

Mike Jeffery was Jimi Hendrix's manager when the kidnapping happened. <br><br>And yeah, I consider that to be a legitimately spooky event. Jeffery was former SAS, fwiw. And Hendrix was over his head with his management, a combination of being exploited by contracts he signed for Johnny Brantley before he was a "star", and later on, by Jeffery and his lot, whoever they were.<br><br>Chas Chandler, the manager who broke Jim with the English public and got his his Reprise contract, seems like an okay cat. Curtis Knight was definitely out to make money off of the Hendrix legacy, but as I recall, he seems to have treated Hendrix okay when he was alive, and part of his band. <br><br>Mike Jeffery and his bunch- that was different management. <br><br>I don't know much more than that. <br><br>I don't want to make too much of Hendrix's death, which I personally concede was probably due to misadventure. It's possible that he was mishandled by the paramedics who dealt with his overdose hospitalization. But Hendrix was reckless with his dope choices. That's the risk that gets run- that it's all over, just like that. Mixing downers and drinking, I used to be that stupid. Not very often, but it only takes once. I once woke up on my stomach next to a pile of puke, instead of dying on my back. That's how easy it can happen. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 6/30/06 1:25 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Autopsy found excessive amounts of wine in Hendrix's Lungs

Postby The Omega Man » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:33 am

Here's an intriguing piece by Alex Constantine on the death of Jimi Hendrix from chapter seven of his book 'The Covert War on Rock'. <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%20and%20Notes/Covert%20War%20Against%20Rock.html">Chapter 7 from The Covert War on Rock</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>and also a piece by Salvador Astucia: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/Chapter12.htm">The FBI's War on Rock Stars</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Synopsis:</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>On September 28, 1970, the official cause of death was announced at an inquest conducted by Westminster coroner Gavin Thurston, who reached the following conclusion:<br><br>The cause of death was clearly inhalation of vomit due to barbiturate intoxication, but there is no evidence as to intention to commit suicide. He had no worries outside the usual stresses of business and I do not feel it would be safe to regard this as sufficient motive. If the question of intention cannot be answered, then it is proper to find the cause of death and leave it an open verdict.<br><br>Twenty-three years later, information emerged which strongly suggests Hendrix was murdered. In 1993 it was disclosed that Hendrix had not strangled on his vomit, but "drowned in red wine." Dr. John Bannister was the physician—a Surgical Registrar—who worked on Hendrix initially at the St Mary Abbot's Hospital. Shortly afterwards Hendrix was seen by Dr. Martin Seifert, the Medical Registrar on duty that day. In an interview with The Times newspaper, published December 18, 1993, Dr. Bannister made the following statements about the death of Jimi Hendrix:<br><br>Jimi Hendrix had been dead for some time, without a doubt, hours rather than minutes. He didn’t have any pulse. The inside of his mouth and mucous membranes were black because he had been dead for some time. He had had no circulation through his tissues at any time immediately prior to coming to hospital…[Red wine] was coming out of his nose and out of his mouth. It was horrific. The whole scene is very vivid, because you don’t often see people who have drowned in their own red wine. There was red wine all over him, I think that he was naked but he had something around him—whether it was a towel or a jumper—around his neck. That was saturated in red wine. His hair was matted…The medical staff used an 18 inch metal sucker to try to clear Hendrix’s airway, but it would just fill up with red wine from the stomach…He was completely cold. I personally think he died long before. He was cold and he was blue. He had all the parameters of somebody who had been dead for some time. We worked on him for about half an hour without any response at all. There was a medical registrar, myself, nursing staff and I think one other doctor. I didn’t even know who Jimi Hendrix was. It’s tragic that such a bloke died in those circumstances.<br><br>In addition, there was practically no alcohol in the bloodstream. Someone apparently poured red wine down Jimi’s throat to intentionally cause asphyxiation after first causing barbiturate intoxication. This person apparently slipped him a large quantity of barbiturates which caused him to go into a temporary coma. During this time his natural reflexes stopped working. This means he lost the ability to cough as a natural response to liquid going down his windpipe. Without the ability to cough he was easily drowned. And he was drowned in an extremely sinister manner. Large quantities of red wine were poured down his throat. As he strangled, he spewed huge amounts of vomit, something that normally happens with drowning victims, but according to the physician who worked on him, Hendrix did not die from drowning in his own vomit. He died from drowning in red wine.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Interesting to say the least and my apologies for any digression. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=theomegaman@rigorousintuition>The Omega Man</A> at: 6/30/06 7:36 am<br></i>
The Omega Man

Re: Autopsy found excessive amounts of wine in Hendrix's Lun

Postby sunny » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:47 am

Man, those Baez lyrics chilled me to the bone.<br><br>I wonder: Was baby Rose a real baby, dredged from her memory?<br><br>I can't get over it. I'll have nightmares. Suddenly, ra is more real to me- not that I didn't believe others, but this seems such a cry for understanding, a declaration of freedom and search for proof! I can't believe I never came across that song-if I did, I didn't know or understand what I was hearing.<br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Mind Control