Falling oil prices & US military...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Falling oil prices & US military...

Postby stoneonstone » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:57 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> But here's one thing I wonder: what if the number one user of oil products in the US had laid in huge inventories of the stuff earlier in the year and has lately withdrawn from bidding in the futures and spot markets? I am speaking of the US Military. It would make sense, against the background of Iran rattling its nuclear capabilities, and the Israel / Hezbollah affair, that the US armed forces filled their tank farms to the max this summer and are now stepping back from bidding on any additional oil for the time being. This could be easily "managed" by the people who run this massive organization -- namely, the President, the Secretary of Defense, and the rest of the civilian authorities based in the executive branch of the government. They don't have to consult with congress on their oil purchases.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>James Kunstler....blog entry Sept 18.06<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.kunstler.com/">www.kunstler.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
stoneonstone

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Falling oil prices & US military...

Postby wintler » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 am

Its possible, but who can tell? (someone who has budget papers access in US gov or mil, presumably) <br>HK incidentally pushed for 'Operation Iraqi Liberation' (winner funniest acronym award 2002), and was a panic-er on y2k. He is entertaining but no source of original research or deep thought.<br><br>In other news, yet more proof that peak oil is an illuminati plot: [/sarcasm]<br><br>US Air Force to try out a new kind of jet fuel<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://aimpoints.hq.af.mil/display.cfm?id=13848">aimpoints.hq.af.mil/display.cfm?id=13848</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>"The fuel being tested is a 50-50 blend of traditional crude-oil based jet fuel and a synthetic liquid, which is made from natural gas but eventually will be refined from coal mined in the U.S." <p></p><i></i>
wintler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Energy Issues