E-vote machines STILL changing votes in Florida. "CT&qu

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

E-vote machines STILL changing votes in Florida. "CT&qu

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:08 pm

For years now electronic voting machines have been switching Democrat votes to Republican when people use them.<br><br>It's still happening.<br><br>From the Miami Herald - <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/103006B.shtml">www.truthout.org/docs_2006/103006B.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Glitches Cited in Early Voting<br> By Charles Rabin and Darran Simon<br> The Miami Herald<br><br> Saturday 28 October 2006<br>.....<br>Debra A. Reed voted with her boss on Wednesday at African-American Research Library and Cultural Center near Fort Lauderdale. Her vote went smoothly, but boss Gary Rudolf called her over to look at what was happening on his machine. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He touched the screen for gubernatorial candidate Jim Davis, a Democrat, but the review screen repeatedly registered the Republican, Charlie Crist.<br></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br> That's exactly the kind of problem that sends <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>conspiracy theorists</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> into high gear - especially in South Florida, where a history of problems at the polls have made voters particularly skittish.<br><br> A poll worker then helped Rudolf, but it took three tries to get it right, Reed said.<br><br> "I'm shocked because I really want ... to trust that the issues with irregularities with voting machines have been resolved," said Reed, a paralegal. "It worries me because the races are so close."<br><br> <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Broward Supervisor of Elections spokeswoman Mary Cooney said it's not uncommon for screens on heavily used machines to slip out of sync, making votes register incorrectly.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Poll workers are trained to recalibrate them on the spot - essentially, to realign the video screen with the electronics inside. The 15-step process is outlined in the poll-workers manual.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: E-vote machines STILL changing votes in Florida. "C

Postby professorpan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:56 pm

I'm afraid we'll be hearing many of the same stories on election day.<br><br>I'll have a lot to say about this after the election -- I'm working as an election judge in Baltimore. The primary was a complete and utter clusterfuck.<br><br>The training in the use of the Diebold pollbook machines was abysmal. 2 of the demo models didn't work. 2 of the touch-screen voting machines malfunctioned, and one kept eating the paper receipt it was supposed to spit out.<br><br>Oh, and Diebold is also the company that prints absentee ballots, conveniently -- and there is tremendous concern that there aren't enough of them available to people who have requested them.<br><br>I plan on covering election day and blogging extensively -- stay tuned. I'll be sure to mirror my posts here. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby sunny » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:06 pm

Thanks professor. I hope others here at RI in similar positions will do the same.<br><br>I live in Alabama, so our elections go relatively smoothly. After all, who thinks Dems have a chance here? I keep hoping for miracles-that a lot of Reps will suddenly go all liberal on their asses and vote Dem. There is a lot of surprising anger toward Bush around here, tho, so miracles <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>can</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> happen. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby NewKid » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Thanks professor<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Uh hum -- that's Judge Pan now, Sunny. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:49 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Uh hum -- that's Judge Pan now, Sunny."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> -- NewKid<br><br>Youse guys figger he's gonna insist we call him "Your Lordship"? <p></p><i></i>
PeterofLoneTree

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections