Stupid fuck still doesn't get it

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Stupid fuck still doesn't get it

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am

(By way of Josh Marshall's Talking Points Memo site)<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/102006/10282006/232595/printer_friendly">www.fredericksburg.com/Ne...r_friendly</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Friends, neighbors, and countrymen of the Left: I hate your lying guts <br>October 28, 2006 12:50 am<br> <br><br>-<br>Click for larger photo and to order reprints<br><br> <br>WHEN I WAS speechwrit- ing at the White House, one rule was enforced without exception. The president would not be given drafts that lowered him or The Office by responding to the articulations of hatred that drove so many of his critics. <br><br>This rule was especially relevant to remarks that concerned the central topic of our times, Iraq. Having left the White House more than a year ago, I conclude that the immunizing effect of that rule must have expired, because I now find that I am infected with a hatred for the very quarter that inspired the rule--the deranged, lying left.<br><br>I never used to feel hatred for people such as Cindy Sheehan, Harry Belafonte, Danny Glover, or other pop-culture notables who, for example, sing the praises of Central American dictators while calling President Bush the greatest terrorist on earth. I do now.<br><br>And though these figures might be dismissed as inconsequential, their views seem mild compared with those of some of our university professors charged with the "higher" education of our youth.<br><br>Thus have I come to hate Ward Churchill, the University of Colorado professor who called the Sept. 11 victims of the World Trade Center "little Eichmanns"; Nicholas De Genova, the Columbia professor who loudly wished "a million Mogadishus" on American troops in Iraq; and Kevin Barrett, the University of Wisconsin professor who teaches his students that President Bush was the actual mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks.<br><br>I used to laugh these people off. Now I detest them as among the most loathsome people America has ever vomited up.<br><br>I have also grown to hate certain people of genuine accomplishment like Ted Turner, who, by his own contention, cannot make up his mind which side of the terror war he is on; I hate the executives at CNN, Turner's intellectual progeny, who recently carried water for our enemies by broadcasting their propaganda film portraying their attempts to kill American soldiers in Iraq.<br><br>I now hate Howard Dean, the elected leader of the Democrats, who, by repeatedly stating his conviction that we won't win in Iraq, bets his party's future on our nation's defeat.<br><br>I hate the Democrats who, in support of this strategy, spout lie after lie: that the president knew in advance there were no WMD in Iraq; that he lied to Congress to gain its support for military action; that he pushed for the democratization of Iraq only after the failure to find WMD; that he was a unilateralist and that the coalition was a fraud; that he shunned diplomacy in favor of war.<br><br>These lies, contradicted by reports, commissions, speeches, and public records, are too preposterous to mock, but too pervasive to rebut, especially when ignored by abetting media.<br><br>Most detestable are the lies these rogues craft to turn grief into votes by convincing the families of our war dead that their loved ones died in vain. First, knowing what every intelligence agency was sure it knew by early 2003, it would have been criminal negligence had the president not enforced the U.N.'s resolutions and led the coalition into Iraq. Firemen sometimes die in burning buildings looking for victims who are not there. Their deaths are not in vain, either.<br><br>Second, no soldier dies in vain who goes to war by virtue of the Constitution he swears to defend. This willingness is called "duty," and it is a price of admission into the highest calling of any free nation--the profession of arms. We have suffered more than 2,300 combat deaths in Iraq so far. Not one was in vain. Not one.<br><br>These are the people I now hate--these people who seek to control our national security. The best of them are misinformed. The rest of them are liars.<br><br>So I intend to vote on Nov. 7. If I have to, I'll crawl over broken glass to do it. And this year I'm voting a straight Republican ticket right down to dog catcher, because I've had it. I'm fed up with the deranged, lying left. They've infected me. I'm now a hater, too.<br><br><br><br>PAUL BURGESS of Spotsylvania County was director of foreign-policy speechwriting at the White House from October 2003 to July 2005. <br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 10/30/06 10:42 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Stupid fuck still doesn't get it

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:05 am

Paul Burgess should be condemned to read this every day until Iraq is healed (which means for the rest of his life).<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.juancole.com/">www.juancole.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby 4911 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:03 am

this guy should be defused. This hate talk should be defused. This is the kind of thinking that leads to civil war within the US. <p></p><i></i>

Postby pugzleyca3 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 am

"So I intend to vote on Nov. 7. If I have to, I'll crawl over broken glass to do it."<br><br>What a fucking drama queen. <p></p><i></i>
pugzleyca3

Typical...

Postby yathrib » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:13 am

The whole point is intimidation. This is the way these types talk in public and private. It really says something that a lying psychopath like this worked at the highest levels of the Bush regime. <p></p><i></i>
yathrib

Re: "voting...over broken glass"

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:42 pm

No, that's just for blacks, students, the poor, and Democrats thanks to Republican crooks like Harris and Blackwell in FL and OH.<br><br>Typical election week agit prop. Bet it gets him a new job.<br><br>There will be lots of work available for fascist ops like him after the 2006 Republican losses. His resume speaks loud and clear. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby rain » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:18 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>this guy should be defused. This hate talk should be defused. This is the kind of thinking that leads to civil war within the US. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I kind of dismissed this 4911, well mostly 'cos I thought his little tantrum was rather pissy.<br>but then 'civil war' between who and who ?<br>surely you're not suggesting between lines loosely falling out from Dems and Repugs ?<br>week-end farmers with pitch-forks, students toting books and single-mothers with babes in arms against 'the rest of 'em' ?<br>lots of other considerations, too<br>bit then, I'm more inclined to puzzle over what possible scenario might occur if, in the long-term, U.N. troops jack-booted it ashore, as some have predicted. <br>could it be them being 'invited' in to quell civil unrest?<br><br>anyway, then curious little incidents pop up like this -<br><br>A teenager carrying a Bible and shouting "I want Jesus" was shot twice with a police stun gun and later died at a St. Louis hospital, authorities said. <br>In a statement obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press, police in Jerseyville, about 40 miles north of St. Louis, said 17-year-old Roger Holyfield would not acknowledge officers who approached him and he continued yelling, "I want Jesus." <br><br>Police tried to calm the teen, but Holyfield became combative, according to the statement. Officers fired the stun gun at him after he ignored their warnings, then fired again when he continued struggling, police said. <br><br>Holyfield was flown to St. Louis' Cardinal Glennon Hospital after the confrontation Saturday; he died there Sunday, police said. <br><br>An autopsy was planned for Tuesday. <br><br>The statement expressed sympathy to Holyfield's family but said city and police officials would not discuss the matter further. <br><br>Calls Tuesday to Jerseyville Police Chief Brad Blackorby were not immediately returned. The department has been using stun guns for about five months, according to the statement. <br><br>In a report released in March, international human rights group Amnesty International said it had logged at least 156 deaths across the country in the previous five years related to police stun guns. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/31/D8L3L5G83.html">www.breitbart.com/news/20...L5G83.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>an incident like that is just ripe for all kinds of RI'er type analysis, so I'm not exactly sure how it relates to 'civil war'.<br>just how does public sentiment 'fall out' in situations like this ?<br><br>oh, and speaking of <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"voting...over broken glass"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->, good luck with that. adding fuel to the fire...<br><br>Will a shocking new GOP court victory and Karl Rove's attack on Ohio 2006 doom the Democrats nationwide?<br>by Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman<br>October 30, 2006<br><br>COLUMBUS---With a major GOP federal court victory, the Ohio 2006 election has descended into the calculated chaos that has become the trademark of a Karl Rove election theft, and that could help keep the Congress in Republican hands nationwide. <br><br>Through a complex series of legal maneuvers, and now a shocking new decision from the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the GOP has thrown Ohio's entire process of voting and vote counting into serious disarray. The mess is perfectly designed to suppress voter turnout, make election monitoring and a recount impossible, and allow the Republican Party to emerge with a victory despite overwhelming evidence the electorate wants exactly the opposite. <br><br>The disaster in Ohio began immediately after the theft of the presidential election here in 2004. Though the majority of Ohioans are registered Democrats, the gerrymandered state legislature is overwhelmingly Republican. Soon after John Kerry conceded, it passed House Bill 3, a draconian assault on voter registration drives, voting rights and the ability to secure reliable recounts of federal-level elections. <br><br>In brief, HB3 stacked a virtually impossible set of requirements onto the voter registration process. As elsewhere nationwide, voting has traditionally involved citizens coming to the polls and signing a poll book. Upon a signature check from a poll worker, a ballot has been given. A similar process has been in effect for absentee ballots. There is no recent evidence this method has encouraged significant voter fraud. <br><br>But the GOP's HB3 has imposed a series of draconian requirements for voter ID, including the demand for certain documents very difficult to obtain by many poor, homeless, elderly or other largely Democratic demographic groups. <br><br>To further complicate matters, Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell, who is now in charge of the same election in which he is the GOP nominee for governor, has added some additional, entirely arbitrary disqualifying factors of his own. Blackwell was the state co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign in the 2004 election, which he also ran while making the key decisions that gave Bush-Cheney a second term in the White House. <br><br>On all absentee ballots, HB3 demands an identifying driver's license number, or the equivalent. But Ohio driver's licenses have two codes on them. The "correct" one has two letters and six numbers. The "wrong" one is an eleven-number bureaucratic code that appears above the ID photo. <br><br>According to preliminary reports, as many as ten percent of those sending in absentee ballots so far have included the wrong code, thus disqualifying their vote. The process is so confusing that one Republican federal judge, in a court proceeding, has volunteered the fact that he actually put this same "wrong" number on an application for a rental car, temporarily nullifying his contract. Here in Columbus, Board of Elections Director Matt Damschroder estimates that 5000 ballots would already be disqualified in Franklin County alone. <br><br>So far the wave of absentee ballots pouring into the county boards of elections indicate an extraordinary percentage of Ohioans will vote absentee this year. Many are likely hoping to avoid distrusted electronic voting machines, as well as the long, racially-biased lines that tainted the 2004 election. <br><br>In response to reports of large numbers of absentee dis-qualifications, a federal lawsuit has been filed by a Cleveland homeless advocacy group and the Service Employee's International Union. The suit was then deemed to be a related action to the landmark King Lincoln civil rights filing that resulted in a September ruling preserving the ballots from Ohio 2004, and was sent to Judge Algernon Marbley, who made that decision. <br><br>Last week Judge Marbley threw out the HB3 drivers license requirement for the absentee ballots. On Wednesday, November 1, he will hold a hearing on whether to void all the HB3 requirements that are poised to disqualify tens of thousands of likely Democratic voters on election day. <br><br>Blackwell himself did not appeal Marbley's ruling. He is trailing by as much as thirty points in some Ohio polls. He has been seriously hurt by the widespread belief that he stole the 2004 election, and is reluctant to be openly identified with yet another mass disenfranchisement of Ohio voters. <br><br>Instead, Ohio's GOP Attorney General Jim Petro did appeal Marbley's decision. And on Sunday, October 29, the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals stayed Marbley's suspension of the driver's license number requirement on the absentee ballots, casting the entire process into deep confusion. <br><br>This ruling means that county boards of election that were telling voters they did not have to include the drivers license number on their absentee ballot after Marbley's decision must now resume telling them they must include that number. <br><br>The decision sends a strong signal that if Marbley overturns the HB3 voter ID requirements for citizens coming to the polls, that too is likely to be appealed and then overturned by the Court of Appeals. <br><br>Indeed, if Marbley throws out the rest of the HB3 after the Wednesday, November 1 hearing, a final ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court on all these procedures may not come until within hours of election time. <br><br>In other words, Ohio's lame duck GOP Attorney-General, and the GOP-dominated federal court system, are now in the process of pitching the entire electoral process in the state of Ohio into a spiral of chaos. <br><br>HB3 and Blackwell's arbitrary directives have already devastated Democratic voter registration drives and caused thousands of mostly Democratic potential voters to wonder about their true eligibility to cast a ballot on November 7. <br><br>The mainstream media is portraying this latest episode as a blood feud between Petro and Blackwell. But the real winner is the Bush White House, which has every reason to suppress the vote November 7. <br><br>Blackwell is trailing so badly in the polls it's hard to imagine a theft big enough to allow him to win. But the critical U.S. Senate race between the GOP's incumbent Mike DeWine and U.S. Representative Sherrod Brown is very close. So are numerous Congressional races throughout the state, any one of which could help decide who controls the U.S. House of Representatives. <br><br>The tactics being tested and used here in Ohio are certain to surface in various forms around the U.S. HB3, for example, has quintupled the fees charged by the state for a recount. In Ohio 2004, the Green and Libertarian Parties obtained a flawed and ultimately worthless recount for about $120,000. A similar statewide recount for the 2006 U.S. Senate race would cost about $600,000. <br><br>But Blackwell has decimated even the previously feeble safeguards for such recounts, making them even more illusory than they were in 2004. HB3 has also removed any state recourse in the case of a contested election here for the U.S. Senate or House, or for the presidency. <br><br>So even if a recount showed a clear theft, the state courts are barred from jurisdiction. The only appeal now allowed would be a direct plea to the federal courts or Congress. <br><br>On the other hand, HB3 provides no special system for monitoring the electronic voting machines on which about half the state's ballots will be cast. Though a paper receipt is now required for all electronic voting machines, there is no method by which the Diebold, ES&S, Triad and other touch-screen computers or electronic tabulators can be reliably protected from tampering. <br><br>Based on reports from the Conyers Congressional Committee, the Government Accountability Office, the Brennan Center, Princeton University and the Carter-Baker Commission among others, the vote count reported by Ohio's voting machines could be flipped by J. Kenneth Blackwell or other election official---or even amateur hackers---in a matter of moments, with a few simple keystrokes. <br><br>In sum: there is no way such a manipulation could be definitively stopped, monitored, proven or reversed. <br><br>Thus Ohio enters the last week prior to this most critical mid-term election in recent memory in utter vulnerability and chaos. Tens of thousands of absentee ballots already cast are in limbo. Their ultimate status may not be determined until hours before election day, if then. Hundreds of thousands of potential voters remain uncertain about what, if any, forms of identification they will be required to include on their absentee ballots or to present at their polling stations. If the experience of 2004 is repeated, many of those polling stations will be incorrectly listed on the Secretary of State's official web site. <br><br>Thousands of Ohio citizens may also not know if they are actually registered to vote. All 88 of Ohio's county boards of election are effectively controlled by Secretary of State Blackwell. Since 2000, without official notification, some 170,000 voters have been stripped from the registration rolls in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), 170,000 in Franklin County (Columbus), 105,000 in Hamilton County (Cincinnati) and 28,000 in Lucas County (Toledo). <br><br>Overall nearly 500,000 registered voters are known to have been eliminated from the rolls in overwhelmingly Democratic districts in a state where 5.6 million people voted in 2004, and where George W. Bush won with an alleged margin of less than 119,000 ballots. There is no evidence similar eliminations have occurred in Republican areas. .....<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/19/2006/2204">www.freepress.org/departm.../2006/2204</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>feeling dis - enfranchised yet ?<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Postby pugzleyca3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:33 am

Being a shit disturber by nature, I couldn't resist sending this email to the website editor where this glass crawler had his story pubbed. <br><br>"Geezus! Is this how the right reacts when faced with the prospect of losing a few seats in Congress? Whatever will they be doing if a Democrat is elected president? This guy is scary."<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pugzleyca3>pugzleyca3</A> at: 11/1/06 12:34 am<br></i>
pugzleyca3

Postby rain » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:19 am

Nope. I've got it.<br><br>He's obviously suffering P.E.D. ( pre election distress) <br>and should be checked in with Dr.Sargant.<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Burgess vs. Kwiatkowski

Postby robertdreed » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 am

I wonder if Paul Burgess would agree to a public debate with Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, who lives more or less just up the road a ways. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 11/1/06 7:33 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Paul Burgess CV

Postby robertdreed » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:05 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.zoominfo.com/people/burgess_paul_495636850.aspx">www.zoominfo.com/people/b...36850.aspx</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Return to Politics and Stolen Elections