Scooter's gonna skate..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Scooter's gonna skate..

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:22 am

Start your watches:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/24/cia.leak.libby.ap/index.html">www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Neatly tucked away inside the article:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Walton said he is concerned that Libby's request could "sabotage" the case because President Bush probably will invoke executive privilege and refuse to turn over the classified reports.<br><br>"The vice president -- his boss -- said these are the family jewels," the judge said, referring to Cheney's past description of the daily briefings. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"If the executive branch says, 'This is too important to the welfare of the nation and we're not going to comply,' the criminal prosecution goes away."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This country is incapable of dispensing any means of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>TRUE</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Justice.<br><br>What a fucking joke.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Scooter's gonna skate..

Postby sunny » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:09 am

Not to seem too optimistic, but I <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>think</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> perhaps, just maybe, the judge will deny the defense request, per Fitz's argument that the documents are irrelevent to the charges against Scooter, ie perjury and obstruction of justice. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

What about...

Postby marykmusic » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:52 am

...the story I read yesterday, claiming that Fitz was appointed unconstitutionally, without permission from the President and the Senate? Did that blow over?<br><br>It occurred to me that this was a weird time to call on the Constitution... they've never worried unduly about that before! --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Plame Investigation