Who leaked Bush's testimony?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Who leaked Bush's testimony?

Postby sunny » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:37 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0703nj1.htm">news.nationaljournal.com/...703nj1.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The timing is very curious indeed. Are the prosecutors trying to send a message?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>President Bush told the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case that he directed Vice President Dick Cheney to personally lead an effort to counter allegations made by former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV that his administration had misrepresented intelligence information to make the case to go to war with Iraq, according to<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> people familiar with the president's statement.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>One of his cronies? I doubt it, even if they knew what he told Fitz. A low level official would hardly know, either. That leaves the prosecution.<br> <br><br>Edited to add:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But Bush told investigators that he was unaware that Cheney had directed I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the vice president's chief of staff, to covertly leak the classified information to the media instead of releasing it to the public <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>after undergoing the formal governmental declassification processes.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>I don't think even the president has the authority to declassify the identity of an undercover agent.<br> <br><br> <br> <br> <br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sunny@rigorousintuition>sunny</A> at: 7/4/06 7:39 am<br></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Plame Investigation