de Menezes execution - shooters will not be charged

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

de Menezes execution - shooters will not be charged

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:37 am

Anti, just as you predicted, the Queen's gunmen will go free. Any comments?<br><br>The Sunday Times November 27, 2005 <br><br>Police who shot Brazilian on Tube 'to escape charges'<br> <br> <br> <br>THE two police marksmen who shot dead an innocent Brazilian in the belief that he was a suicide bomber will escape criminal charges for murder or manslaughter, sources close to the inquiry believe. <br> <br>Senior Scotland Yard officers and Whitehall sources are convinced prosecutors will accept the defence of the marksmen who shot Jean Charles de Menezes, a 27-year-old electrician, at Stockwell Tube station on July 22.<br><br>The two were said to have been interviewed last week by investigators from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). They are thought to have used the defence that they “honestly believed” he was a terrorist and say they used “reasonable force” to stop him endangering the public.<br><br>They are expected to rest their case on accounts of radio communications between their unit, part of the Yard’s elite CO19 firearms team, and officers higher up the chain of command.<br><br>De Menezes died after he was followed to Stockwell station from his flat in Tulse Hill, south London. Police had found the address of a separate flat in his block on documents recovered from a rucksack at the scene of one of the unexploded bombs left by four suspects on July 21.<br><br>Separate intelligence, based on surveillance of a car leaving a suspected terrorist training camp in Wales some months before, had led officers to the same block.<br><br>The day after the failed bomb attacks, the Yard set up a surveillance operation and officers followed de Menezes when he left the block. <br>One Whitehall official said: “The two marksmen will say they honestly believed the suspect represented a real threat to the lives of themselves and the public . . . They will say they were led by senior officers to believe that he was a terrorist, that he was a suicide bomber.”<br><br>The official said those responsible for passing on the false intelligence that de Menezes might be a suicide bomber could be at fault. <br>“The possibility arises that someone higher up the chain of command could have acted unlawfully.”<br><br>The IPCC is also examining statements made by the Metropolitan police after the attack. Within hours of the shooting, the Met said of de Menezes that “his clothing and his behaviour at the station added to [the officers’] suspicions” — a statement that turned out to be false.<br><br>The commission is examining which officers cleared this statement and on what basis. Its inquiry is due to be completed by the end of the year, when the findings will be passed to the Crown Prosecution Service, which will decide if officers should be charged.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1892743,00.html">www.timesonline.co.uk/art...43,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: de Menezes execution - shooters will not be charged

Postby Qutb » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:00 pm

Well, if there's a real possibility they will charge someone higher up the chain of command, this may actually be good news (sort of - I don't want the shooters to go free either).<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The official said those responsible for passing on the false intelligence that de Menezes might be a suicide bomber could be at fault. <br>“The possibility arises that someone higher up the chain of command could have acted unlawfully.”<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby marykmusic » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:38 pm

The shooters are saying, "I was only following orders."<br><br>Sounds a bit Nuremburg to me. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Postby antiaristo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:03 pm

Pam, I went a bit further than that. They won't even be named.<br><br>If you were a sadistic murdering bitch would you give up your best rippers, the ones who relish the smell of blood and Brains?<br><br>See who decides? The CROWN Prosecution Service.<br>England used to have grand juries to decide these matters, just like America.<br><br>The Windsors, who wear their kilts at every opportunity, did away with England's grand juries in 1933.<br><br>Now the people don't get a look in. ONLY the Windsor family.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Well, if there's a real possibility they will charge someone higher up the chain of command, this may actually be good news (sort of - I don't want the shooters to go free either).<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Yes.<br>Cressida Dick was lined up as the patsy right at the beginning.<br><br>She's Met, not one of the SAS Butcher and Bolt boys.<br>She's not a Lodge buddy of Sir John Stevens.<br>She's fungible. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

fungible

Postby mother » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:25 pm

You said it, Anti. Of course I had to look up the word fungible, which is a really neat word for a sorry situation. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Met chief to face Menezes probe

Postby Byrne » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:53 pm

News just out from <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4478188.stm" target="top">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4478188.stm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> .<br>This appears to be the going after someone higher up the line, that was referred to in previous news reports....<br><br> <br>Somehow I don't think the UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke is going to uncover all, or indeed any of, the nefarious goings on with the Met Police & the shooting of the innocent Brazillian man.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Met chief to face Menezes probe</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br> <br>Mr Menezes was shot dead at Stockwell Tube station <br>An investigation is to be carried out into the conduct of Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair after the Tube shooting of Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes. <br>The Independent Police Complaints Commission had asked Home Secretary Charles Clarke to approve its probe. <br><br>The victim's family says Sir Ian "misled" the public after Mr Menezes was shot dead on 22 July by police who mistook him for a suicide bomber. <br><snip><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Byrne

Postby antiaristo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Byrne,<br>I'm afraid it's going to be classic Masonry.<br><br>Create a phantom "second inquiry" in order to draw attention away from the substance of the matter.<br><br>Make it sexy - "going after the man at the top".<br><br>Make it authoritative - "asked Home Secretary Charles Clarke to approve its probe."<br><br>(NB Recall the Home Secretary was bypassed on the decision to implement Operation Kratos. That decision to introduce Israeli methods of shoot-to-kill onto the British mainland was made initially by Sir John Stevens and implemented by Sir Ian Blair. The Masons like to keep these things tight.)<br><br>Right from the beginning, on 7 July 2005, this whole thing has been a pure psy-op by the Windsor gang. I know there are intelligent persons out there that choose to blame "Islamic Nazis". Well take a look at this.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The two were said to have been interviewed last week by investigators from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>Menezes murdered 22 July<br>Murderers interviewed 21-25 November<br><br>ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DAYS. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Just a Coincidence

Postby antiaristo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:06 pm

I guess some questions are being asked about the "democratic" credentials underlying the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>CROWN</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Prosecution Service.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>11.45am <br><br>DPP to address 'dysfunctional' media relations <br><br>Claire Cozens, press and publishing correspondent<br>Friday December 2, 2005 <br><br><br>The director of public prosecutions today admitted that the relationship between the prosecutors and the media had been "dysfunctional on both sides" and promised greater cooperation in the future.<br><br>Ken MacDonald <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>QC</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> said it was time for the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Crown Prosecution Service</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> to adopt a more "mature" approach to the media by ensuring it had "access to all relevant material wherever possible and at the earliest possible opportunity".<br><br>Speaking today at the Law for Journalists conference, he said in the past the relationship between the CPS and the media had been characterised by "prickliness", "a lack of understanding" and "a lack of a desire to move on".<br><br>But he insisted the organisation had moved on with the publication of a protocol outlining the way in which prosecutors and police should deal with the media.<br><br>In future, he said, the presumption should always be in favour of disclosing material to the media.<br><br>"Instead of the balance being, 'we don't give out material unless' ... the balance should be, 'we do give out material unless particular circumstances apply'," he said.<br><br>Mr MacDonald said there were times when it would not be possible to comply with media requests for material, giving the recent example of a case in which a rape had been recorded.<br><br>"Much to my shock we received a request from the news organisation for that tape," he said, adding that the CPS would never hand over such material to the press.<br><br>But he said the CPS had complied with another request for the release of CCTV material showing the murderer of a young woman who had chopped up the body of his victim and put it into bin bags.<br><br>In that instance it turned out that the family of the victim wanted the recording released because they wanted the public to understand the enormity of the crime.<br><br>The Law for Journalists conference was organised by the Newspaper Society and Press Gazette magazine.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,14173,1656326,00.html">media.guardian.co.uk/site...26,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>NB QC is Queen's Counsel. They run the legal system.<br><br>In return for looking after the Queen's interests, every QC is empowered to sit as a deputy High Court judge, which gives them the power of a High Court judge against the rest of us.<br><br>Yet they are paid advocates - guns for hire.<br><br>Blair's wife was made a QC on the day he became prime minister. She used that power against the lowest-paid public servants. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Return to Assassinations and Suspicious Deaths