"Pandemic Influenza Strategic Plan"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Pandemic Influenza Strategic Plan"

Postby manxkat » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:11 pm

That's the name Bush is giving his domestic "plan" for dealing with the likely bird flu pandemic.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/08/politics/08flu.html?ei=5090&en=fe3a7bec6c129653&ex=1286424000&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print" target="top">Bush Plan Shows U.S. Is Not Ready for Deadly Flu</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> - NY Times<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>If such an outbreak occurred, hospitals would become overwhelmed, riots would engulf vaccination clinics, and even power and food would be in short supply, according to the plan, which was obtained by The New York Times.<br><br>~snip~<br><br>The plan outlines a worst-case scenario in which more than 1.9 million Americans would die and 8.5 million would be hospitalized with costs exceeding $450 billion.<br><br>~snip~<br><br>But while the administration's flu plan, officially called the Pandemic Influenza Strategic Plan, closely outlines how the Health and Human Services Department may react during a pandemic, it skirts many essential decisions, like how the military may be deployed.<br><br>"The real shortcoming of the plan is that it doesn't say who's in charge," said a top health official who provided the plan to The Times. "We don't want to have a FEMA-like response, where it's not clear who's running what."<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>The article goes on, describing what Bush's "plan" outlines as worst-case scenarios.<br><br>Why do I get the sinking feeling this is being orchestrated by the powers that be? It sure is hard not to read about this "plan" and see something VERY subversive going on.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Blog: View Blog (0)

You get that feeling...

Postby banned » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:31 pm

...because that's what's happening.<br><br>Trust yer gut. <p></p><i></i>
banned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Health