Pope Benedict about to be indicted in TX

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Pope Benedict about to be indicted in TX

Postby Fearless » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:48 am

for obstruction of justice???<br><br>Rome, August 14, 2005 – The scandal exploded only during the 2003 summer when the US daily Worcester Telegram & Gazette obtained a copy of a document that for 40 years had been kept as “strictly confidential” in the secret archives of the Holy See that describes the story of a lawyer from Boston, Carmen Durso, who filed a complain with the Prosecutor Michel J. Sullivan containing a copy of the 1962 Instruction “Crimen Sollicitationis” and asking to verify if, within the federal jurisdiction, would have been possible to prosecute the Vatican hierarchies that he claimed were guilty of deliberately covering from the US authorities the sexual abuses committed by members of the clergy.<br><br>At the same time, another letter signed by Daniel Shea, a lawyer and former seminarist who discovered the 1962 document and gave a copy of it to the Boston daily and to Mr. Durso, reached the desk of the Prosecutor. The document, said Shea in the letter, is quoted as still applicable in a note of the epistle "De Delictis Gravioribus" of 18 May 2001 that the then Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Joseph Ratzinger, delivered to the bishops and other ordained and members of the ecclesiastic hierarchy.<br><br>snip<br><br>Over the last two years the US judiciary has continued the investigations and since January 2005, a prosecution against Joseph Ratzinger is taking place at the District Court of Harris County (Texas).<br><br>Mr. Daniel Shea, the lawyer who brought this case before the District Court of Harris County, will join the demonstration entitled “For sexual freedom and freedom of conscience, against the causes of the deviations and sufferings, starting with those of the phedofile priests and the phedofobic organizations” convened by the association anticlericale.net on Tuesday 16 August at 8 p.m. in S. Peter Square, the exact time of the opening of the World Youth Day in Cologne, Germany. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://coranet.radicalparty.org/pressreleases/press_release.php?func=detail&par=7754">coranet.radicalparty.org/pressreleases/press_release.php?func=detail&par=7754</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>The rest of the story.....<br><br>Lawyer seeks to hold Pope accountable for abuse cover-up <br><br>A former seminarian is seeking to bring Pope Benedict XVI before a Texas court to explain what he believes was an attempt to protect priests from the law, writes Caroline O’Doherty.<br><br>snip<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Understandably, the Pope is resisting the move but, if Pope Benedict XVI succeeds in claiming diplomatic immunity, Mr Shea will go after the person who grants immunity. It would give him pleasure to see George W Bush take the Bible in his right hand.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>snip<br><br>Lawyers for the Pope responded last month by seeking time to get from the US State Department a declaration that he has immunity from legal proceedings by virtue of being head of the Vatican state. <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>And if immunity is granted? “We’ll go after them [the State Department and President George Bush] on constitutional grounds.” </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>snip<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/06/20/story734675522.asp[li">archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/06/20/story734675522.asp[li</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Blog: View Blog (0)

2nd link not working

Postby Fearless » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:51 am

This one works...<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/06/20/story734675522.asp">archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/06/20/story734675522.asp</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Re: Pope Benedict about to be indicted in TX

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:52 am

Well, isn't it lucky for the Rat that the state is Texas? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Related?

Postby Anonymous » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:49 am

<br>From the World Peace Herald(<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://tinyurl.com/7kczh):">tinyurl.com/7kczh):</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>KEHL AM RHEIN, Germany -- "Germany's opposition criticized Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's warnings over the use of force against Iran, saying he was exploiting the issue to get re-elected.<br> <br> "Schroeder is acting totally irresponsibly for electoral purposes," Wolfgang Schaeuble, senior foreign policy expert of the opposition Christian Democratic Union, told the daily Die Welt. "He's acting as though the problem lies in Washington, rather than Tehran, even though he knows it isn't so."<br><br>(and)<br><br>From BBC News (<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://tinyurl.com/8s62u):">tinyurl.com/8s62u):</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"During his four-day stay in Cologne, the Pope plans to meet representatives of Germany's Protestant churches, and also Muslims and Jews."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Anonymous

Papacy seeks immunity from prosecution...

Postby dqueue » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:26 pm

This <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/18/113816/027">DKos</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> story indicates Pope Benedict has sent a wire to the State Dept requesting immunity from prosecution, as he's a head of state.<br><br>Wow. <p></p><i></i>
dqueue

and what state is B16's head in?

Postby mother » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:16 pm

Dequeue, according to Fr. Moderator, of Traditio, B16 suffered a stroke in 1991. Fr. M also reports that B16's brother (a priest) says Ratz never fully recovered. Then, Ratz was knocked unconscious in Aug. 1992 when he cracked his head against a radiator. Cardinal Barbarin of Lyons says B16 had another stroke in 2003. There are also rumors of the Pope's sleepless nights, playing Mozart on piano in the Vatican Palace. Something ain't right over there. And Texas is always an interesting spot for indictments. Mr. O'Shea is a courageous man. If he doesn't get B16, there is always the Final Judgement for how the Vicar of Christ led his flock, and for the bishops who've assisted in covering for heinous crimes. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: and what state is B16's head in?

Postby gisgaia » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:44 am

Ahhhh, mucho interesto. And now I understand... yesterday, i had caught the very tail end of a news report about how the Pope had Diplomatic Immunity. That really perked up my ears & was wondering what the hell's that about? But never saw anything more on it. Thanks for posting this tidbit... <br><br>The snip was seen while flipping channels... CNN, MSNBC, or FOX ... can't recall which one it was. <br><br>Looks like the entire nwo-nazi-neocon cookie is really starting to crumble, eh? <br><br>Yeehaw ... <br><br>Humbly Yours, Gisgaia <br><br>A native of Texas that supports Cindy Sheehan and all those working in the growing movement of humans desiring peace, truth, justice, and harmony for all beings! <p></p><i></i>
gisgaia

B16

Postby mother » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:16 pm

If I remember correctly, anyone can have immunity in Vatican City, it is its own soveriegn state. Similar, or maybe the same as in the Middle ages-Sanctuary Like Lon Chaney in the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Can the Four Horsemen of the Appocalypse be far behind? The doctrinal hanky-panky goes way back with Ratz. And it is he who is who delivered the Fatima 3rd Secret cover-up to the world. The infrastructure of the Roman Catholic Church is so vast that it is a perfect structure upon which the "bad guys" can piggyback. As in infiltrate and fool anybody. The Vatican could easily have defrocked the child molesters. They now defrock "whistle-blowers", and have entered into literally billions of dollars worth of sex-abuse-scandal money debt. Daniel Shea is one courageous dude. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: B16

Postby elsiecow » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:45 pm

Mother, you are exactly correct!<br><br>Thank god someone finally said this.<br><br>I am not a religious person, but I do know that the Catholic church was infiltrated. <br><br>That's because I grew up in a very liberal parish, and we were gradually torn apart by slander from outside.<br><br>I know that they did this to silence the activist Catholics. They would rather we bow our heads and fiddle our rosary beads than be an open, social church.<br><br>But all of the evidence I've seen points to outside infiltration - for political and economic reasons. As for child molestation, I think some of that actually did happen, but in my experience, it was a greater problem in the 1970s and before, when the infiltrators were still in power. It's funny how now that they are gone the media has suddenly seized on the issue and would like to wreck the church - now that the right-wing is in power and attacking the lower classes, there is a war going on, etc. How convenient.<br><br>Have you actually seen the bishops' report on the so-called 'sex scandals' (as the all-tabloid media like to call them)? Some of these cases were young priests having some sort of affair with a teenager - perhaps not the best exercise of authority, but not exactly child rape. Other cases looked plainly bogus. In the eighties and nineties we saw a number of lawsuits designed to reap lots of money for greedy lawyers and 'victims' and drain the church in the process. Please - tell me that doesn't stink, and I have no dog in this fight, as I am not religious.<br><br>I grew up in a Catholic Italian and Polish community, and when I went out into the greater world, I found out just how much prejudice there still is. Once a Catholic, always a Catholic in their minds. My entire family has been slandered and blacklisted for being a bunch of troublemaking Catholics, and it never stops. It is partly because of this that I think much of the hysteria over child molesting priests is little better than a witch hunt.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=elsiecow>elsiecow</A> at: 8/19/05 12:51 pm<br></i>
elsiecow

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:03 pm

Sorry, elsiecow, but I strongly, strongly disagree. Priests should NEVER have sex with minors. That is rape. It is no different psychologically than a parent having sex with their child. Psychiatrists should NEVER have sex with their patients. Teachers should NEVER have sex with their students. And I think the molestations that we hear about involving the Catholic Church are probably the tip of the iceberg. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 8/19/05 1:05 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby elsiecow » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:07 pm

<br>Oh, I agree that there is an abuse of authority when a teacher or member of the clergy has sex with a minor. <p></p><i></i>
elsiecow

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:14 pm

I belive it is called <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>in loco parentis</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, and yes, it is rape.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nospank.net/demitchell.pdf">www.nospank.net/demitchell.pdf</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Return to Religion and the Occult