Court Considers Russian Astrologer’s Case Against NASA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Court Considers Russian Astrologer’s Case Against NASA

Postby emad » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:40 am

Court Considers Russian Astrologer’s Case Against NASA<br>MosNews, Russian Federation<br>Sep. 14, 2005 <br><br> <br>A court in Moscow has begun hearing a lawsuit filed by a Russian astrologer against NASA. Marina Bai accuses the U.S. space agency of upsetting the natural state of the universe by conducting an experiment that involved a probe impacting on a comet.<br><br>Bai is demanding $300 million from NASA for psychological damages caused by the Deep Impact probe hitting the Tempel-1 comet, RIA-Novosti news agency reported. “The astrologist Marina Bai believes that NASA’s actions interfere with [her] spiritual and life values system, as well as with the elemental life of the cosmos, thus upsetting the balance of forces in the universe,” the lawsuit states.<br><br>Bai stressed that NASA had altered her horoscope by crashing the spacecraft into the comet. “It is obvious that elements of the comet’s orbit, and correspondingly the ephemeris, will change after the explosion, which interferes with my astrology work and distorts my horoscope,” she said earlier.<br><br>NASA’s probe was directed to crash into the comet 134 million km from the earth’s surface in order to study the substances making up the comet. The probe was about the size of a washing machine and weighed 400 kg.<br><br>Russian physicist Vladimir Fortov said that the collision had no effect on the Earth and that “the change to the orbit of the comet after the collision was only about 10 cm.” <br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.religionnewsblog.com/12223">www.religionnewsblog.com/12223</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Religion and the Occult