Jewish Holy Days

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Jewish Holy Days

Postby sw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Blog: View Blog (0)

Almost forgot about those days

Postby DrDebugDU » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:19 pm

Do you know when Yom Kippur and Rosh HaShanah is?<br><br>I've had a Kundalini fire experience on Yom Kippoer 2000 at midnight exactly and a pretty nasty Rosh HasShana in 2003. So I consider those days important. Weird stuff happens on those days, so I don't consider them random days either...<br><br>I can answer that question myself. Rosh HaShanah will be sundown October 3, 2005 - nightfall October 5, 2005 and Yom Kippur on October 13<br><br>For those who do not know those days. Rosh HaShanah is the new year and the day of retrospection. And Yom Kippur is the day of atonement where the Jews believe that G-d sets the target for the next year. The intermediate period is the 10 day reprieve.<br><br>The days are based on the moon and they were considered the most important and most holy days of the whole year. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=drdebugdu>DrDebugDU</A> at: 9/26/05 1:10 pm<br></i>
DrDebugDU

clarification?

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:03 pm

Some thoughts and questions that come up.<br><br>When you say walking in those areas, do you mean physically walking in those areas? With you consciously there, or Space just reporting afterward his perceptions?<br><br>If I recall correctly, you have previously associated the Hands of Light with good feelings. But are you saying here that maybe it's more one of intense feelings? And that maybe your warnings have changed the probability of those attacks happening?<br><br>In which case, perhaps you might be more consciously feeling the associated dread just because it was tied in with the earlier feelings. But could it be more like a link to an empty page that's now giving a 404 response?<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: Almost forgot about those days

Postby israelirealities » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:05 pm

Little correction, the ten days in between are days of repentance. GOd makes the verdict on the first year, but you can still kind of plea and bargain with him till day of atonement, and then by the end of that day, that's that. no appeal.<br>Although I am far from religious, I also felt those two days with powerfull dreams. BTW, these are considered days of mercy and generally good days. <br>As for the Hebrew calendar it is called soli-lunar because it is a combination of the two cycles (long explanation, if anyone's interested I'll do it, but I'm sure its on the net as well). The Christian (Gergorian) Calendar is Solar, and the Moslem is Lunar. We, the Jews, are kind of in between.<br> <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

Well it wasn't about the religious part

Postby DrDebugDU » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:19 pm

I don't know why it happened, but that day in 2000 was so strange. I had a lucid dream before waking up as well. I was riding on a white horse and felt like a victory run. The whole day was extremely emotional and the energy was intense. So when the day was over I went to bed and then the Kundalini fire happened.<br><br>Kundalini fire is an intense energy flow through your spine and in your head and it goes back and forth. It is beyond description. It wasn't scary. It felt like energies were being changed in my body and a thousand orgasms were happening simultaneously for a couple of minutes.<br><br>And then there was a certain period. I don't know whether it was a minute or a just 30 seconds but it felt like a long time. And in that period there was nothing. There were no thoughts. There were no sensations. There was nothing and I felt like oneness. It may seem like a contradiction but it wasn't. There was nothing and it was all at the same time. An incredibly joyeous experience.<br><br>Later on I discovered about Kundalini fire (actually Khrisnamurti talked about it during his youth) and it described what happened that day. And also that the months afterwards I was hypersensitive and some things felt like new, it was like a complete transformation has happened.<br><br>Since that happened on Yom Kippur I had looked into that day and it could very well be that the Jews knew something about that day as well.<br><br>And then the Rosh Hashanah happened in 2003 which was a wall of negativity which engulfed me. That was one of the worst days. It felt like a whole bundle of negative energy. However the day after everything turned out to be fine and it was in fact a progress and a big progress as well.<br><br>What I am saying is that perhaps those two days in the autumn are not random, but maybe days of extreme energy and that that is the reason for their importance in the Jewish religion. <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Re: Well it wasn't about the religious part

Postby israelirealities » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:42 pm

oh yeah, all those holidays are based on pagan customs and seasons that had to do with the earth, the weather and agriculture. I am quite sure there are days when the position of the moon to the sun makes powerful alignments. Rosh Hashana is actually the day when the moon moves over the sun - namely the lunar eclipse (if you look it up in astrological calenders it easy to see.) in Libra.<br>Basically, the Hebrew months correspond with the Zodiac, but starting in Libra rather than Aries. (the RAm symbolized the local pagan religions and I think the hebrews wanted to make a clear statement that they are NOT pagan, and so chose to start THEIR year in the opposite sign.). <br>This Kundalini thing sounds too overwhelming for my lack of grounding. But wow.... <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

spiritual emergencies

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:38 pm

Kundalini activation is said to be too intense for many people to integrate healthily if they are not aware of the process and have no context in which to put it.<br><br>Here are some resources that may help people understand and deal with the process:<br><br>SHARED TRANSFORMATION El Collie and C. Kress<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.elcollie.com/st/st.html">www.elcollie.com/st/st.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Spiritual Crisis Bob Manrodt<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.well.com/user/bobby/SC/SC.html">www.well.com/user/bobby/SC/SC.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The Spiritual Emergence Network Australian group (no information on who the individuals responsible for the site are)<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nor.com.au/community/spiritualemergence/">www.nor.com.au/community/...emergence/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Spiritual Emergence/Emergency Paul Levy<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.alternativesmagazine.com/08/levy1.html">www.alternativesmagazine....levy1.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Spiritual Competency Resource Center David Lukoff<br>(geared more toward mental health professionals)<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.virtualcs.com/">www.virtualcs.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: spiritual emergencies

Postby DrDebugDU » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:51 pm

Well I had some knowledge about energy fields etc. so it wasn't that strange; only the sheer magnitude of the energy flow was extreme and wasn't just the major spinal energy flow but there were minor flows in many other channels throughout the body as well. And of course I started an investigation about it through the internet/books etc. so it became pretty clear that it was a good thing.<br><br>One thing I have to say - and that is very important - is that there are people who force it as esoteric practice. That is extremely dangerous. It should happen naturally and should never be forced.<br><br>As far as the side effects, it was mainly hypersensitivity to sounds, people, smell. Also the colors were brilliant for some time. Especially near the ultra-violet range. The negative points included headaches and they have grown milder but they persist to this day, but it is a minor inconvenience.<br><br>The good part is that you feel awakened especially afterwards and you are changed. Since then I haven't had a second episode except for the day before my first visit to the Dalai Lama. That night was flow after flow after flow. It was like the body was being prepared for the next day, but it was not the Kundalini intensity. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=drdebugdu>DrDebugDU</A> at: 9/26/05 4:54 pm<br></i>
DrDebugDU

Re: spiritual emergencies

Postby israelirealities » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 pm

creepy, I just posted something about the dalai lama...<br><br>When I stayed for a weekend in a monastary in SF, I had a "visitation" from him, or so it seemed, in my powerful dream there. I am not a student or practitioner, just mildly interested. But since then, I know he has some universal something...power ? don't know. <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

Dalai Lama in dreams

Postby DrDebugDU » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes, I have seen him in my dreams as well. He is really funny in my dreams. The last time he appeared as a bartender and we ended up laughing.<br><br>But all kidding aside, yes he appears in dreams and that is because his is a tenth Bodhisattva, so he is just below enlightenment and is a global presence. That's why the Tibetans call him "Kundun" which means the presence. All tenth Bodhisattvas are supposedly omnipresent. That is their energy is available anywhere. You can compare with the way Christians talk about Jesus. The moment you think of them is the moment their energy is there is as well. It's a non-seperation. <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

To give you an example

Postby DrDebugDU » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:00 pm

A couple of days ago the Dalai Lama was in Tucson and the moment I logged into DU somebody put up an audio file of his speech and I downloaded it and thanked him. It was totally in-sync. I entered the board at the exact the message appeared. Even weirder I was the only reply. It was like the Dalai Lama wanted me to hear and get the speech.<br><br>For those interested. It can be downloaded @ <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://205.234.182.76/dalailama.mp3">205.234.182.76/dalailama.mp3</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Something else which somebody tells me suddenly makes sense as well. It was a weird day, but I made a girl happy and since she is Brazilian her English isn't too good and one of the sentence was: "God is looking for you!!!". I just considered a funny typo.I guess I have to play the speech for the third time... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=drdebugdu>DrDebugDU</A> at: 9/26/05 6:32 pm<br></i>
DrDebugDU

Space's Hands

Postby sw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:01 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Re: Dalai Lama in dreams

Postby israelirealities » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 am

Yes, in my dream that night he appeared as someone talking to me as a friend, not authority figure. THe nuns there told me this must be him really, because he is called "the friend" because he talks to people this way. He was suggesting for me to become a sort of mother superior, kind of administrative manager of a small nun school somewhere, in California. And then if I do that for quite some time, I will be able to meet the Warrior men of my country and talk to them about peace, and then they will listen, but not before that. Well, I didn't heed...<br>But, since I am a bit of a paranoid, I also thought it could be programming as well. In a way, the BushCo. would benefit from the opposition going into Tibetan Buddhism and adopting a pacifist and meditative state of mind, because then they can loot as much as they want. I became a bit suspicious about it, when I saw a woman in DC whom I am sure is under MC abuse, and at the same time she practiced Tibetan Buddhism. So, perhaps it was used to study the effects through her, OR, it was studied as indoctrination that makes the victim more accepting to torture. Don't know, cause actually from meeting the monks in SF, who escaped CHinese torture, they didn't seem at all dissociated, they were alive and powerful. It was a meeting with the impossible response to oppression. They were happy and agile and not bitter.<br>At least in my sick country, I know the evil ones are interested all the time in techniques for dissciation and PTSD and stuff, so Buddhism would be studied from a Nazified scientific way, namely, "what is there in the neurotransmitters" that comes out from chanting...:-) or how does the amigdala of the dalai lama effect his thinking, and such like...<br>Sometimes I feel that these people robbed from me the most basic spiritual trust and happiness. I am always second guessing this way. It is good in some matters, but very bad in others. <br>Another thought I had about the DAlai lama is...gosh, it must be weird not having anyone to follow or learn from. He is making it as he goes, he has the responsibility to lay down NEW stuff that nobody knew or wrote about, and without guidelines. It must be hard all this spiritual responsibility and very few people to share the burden with. Just a thought. Well, he is doing very well so far.<br> From all other spiritual leaders of our time, he is my choice. But I also know that in our age, we must be our own bodhistava, all the times and guard against spiritual laziness.<br> <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

Postby DrDebugDU » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:10 am

Actually it shouldn't be about pacifism as in not doing anything, since karma is action it would call from non-violent activism. There is a truth that there are a lot of good people sitting on their interdimensional asses as Icke put it.<br><br>As far as the abuse victim goes, it could help her making life easier, but it general deep meditation is not recommended for people with serious psychological problems. <br><br>But then again I am not a practioner as far as deep meditation goes. I found it hard and there were some things about the center I went which I didn't like. There was sheepish behavior. For example the visit of me to the Dalai Lama wasn't really appreciated, because it was a different sect.<br><br>I've seen some Chinese escapes as well. The monks with a lot of practice had less problems with it and act normal, but some very clearly victims, so it is depends. In case of the Panchen Lama who was kidnapped as a 6-year old boy, it is clear that if he ever returns the mental damage will be such and he'll never be able to lead a normal life.<br><br>As far as the Dalai Lama he can lay down new stuff, but he did have teachers. It's probably why he is non-authoritive, because the old Tibetan structure was very strict and rigid with lots of endless rituals. However he tends to give the same sort of general lectures (the advanced Buddhist lectures are different and very deep and complex). So most of it is a standard speech, but he tends to throw in some sidelines (including political statements)<br><br>> But I also know that in our age, we must be our own bodhistava, all the times and guard against spiritual laziness.<br><br>Actually this is the post important part. Be your own master (and be your own slave) <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Postby israelirealities » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:53 am

Oh there's politics everywhere even among buddhist monks of course, and the various sects and factions.<br>I like this "sitting on their interdimensional ass" metaphor. gosh, I'm there...<br>Surely, the challenge I keep failing is that "coming into my own power" and letting go, deeply, of "guidance" and "master/slave" comfort zone (this so called comfort zone is as comfotable as Auschwitz, but spiritually I guess its the ultimate rest...).<br>Here in ISrael, since Karma is running Amok in terms of intensity and time frame, if you sit on you ass you get eaten by the wolves, which is where MY failure led me.<br>Yes, you are totally right about non violent activism as opposed to pacifism or escapism/apathy. Still, the military business type prefer that potential opposition be diverted to spiritual quests. You are also right that spiritual activism may be sufficient to turn the table on the bad guys, but I am not sure they know it. <br>It was so nice to get a sort of "hi" from the Dalai Lama amidst my inferno here in ISrael (INFERNO>>>>), this lightness...i refershing and empowering. <br>The problem in Hell is, that what need most (spiritual understanding) is hard to come by, cause your being attacked by wild dogs...(hard to meditate in that wild situation).<br><br>- The reason I was suspicious about progamming is that I clearly noticed, in my own experience, that before massive MC is launched, there is a powerful religious sort of "coaching". THis also happens in massive MC, namely, collective manipulation of whole groups. (such as self exploding terrorists, Jewish Settlers etc.). now Buddhism is NOT religion, but I am still keeping my guards. Perhaps that's where the damage lies, in not being able to trust any spiritul framework. I need to think about it more. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

Next

Return to Religion and the Occult