By God, I'll Get you a Palestinian State!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Miers

Postby robertdreed » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:34 pm

"...there was scandal brewing over the state lottery. Bush appointed her to clean it up. upshotwas, she fired the whistleblower & I think protected the exec who, just by the way, got Bush his Natl Guard sinecure, AND was one of those who bilked us all in the Savings & Loan scam ( along with Neil Bush, and wasnt that exactly about the time that Poppy invaded . . . Iraq!) Supposedly she also "pitbulled" Bush's safety about the natl guard during that story, and kept John what's his face's papers secret from the senate panel for his supreme court hearings, and as 2nd in command under Alberto Gonzales would have had a hand in fixing the torture thing - you know, when they told the world that torture is OK & disappearing people is Ok etc."<br><br>The question is, what are the Democrats in Congress going to do about it. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Miers

Postby robertdreed » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:37 pm

At he extremity of my surmise, maybe all of the Supreme Court appointments of Bush Sr. and Jr. got the nod because they all belong to the same swinger's club.<br><br>Yeah, perfect choices for the new American Sanhedrin of the long-promised Christian Dominionist theocracy. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Messenger of Gawd

Postby Col Quisp » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:49 pm

Found this old article this morning. Bush cannot deny he thinks God told him to invade:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>In Woodward's portrait, President Bush is single-minded, and possibly simple-minded, in his resolve. He seems to have relied more on divine guidance than the considered opinions of his top advisers. Bush told Woodward that as he approached the final decision to go to war, "<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I was praying for strength to do the Lord's will</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> ... I'm surely not going to justify war based on God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I pray that I be as good a messenger of His will as possible.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4767542/">www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4767542/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>By Evan Thomas<br><br>April 26, 2004<br><br>At the end of this article, it is reported that Bush told Woodward he didn't care about history:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Bush displayed no second thoughts about Iraq's postwar miseries or the failure to turn up any WMD. "I haven't suffered doubt," he told Woodward. When the author—quoting Bush's political adviser Karl Rove—suggested that "all history gets measured by outcomes," Bush "smiled," reports Woodward. " 'History,' he said, shrugging, taking his hands out of his pockets, extending his arms out and suggesting with his body language that it was so far off. 'We won't know. We'll all be dead'."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>It's interesting to go back and re-read some of these old news accounts in light of what we know today. History IS instructive! <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Re: Messenger of Gawd

Postby marykmusic » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:13 pm

Watch the MainStream Media (usually referred to here as the MSM, not to be confused with the stuff we take for our bones and such) to get an idea of whatAmerica is programmed to think. Today, a New York Times editorial says how the "faith-based" President is asking for faith in him rather than in God.<br><br>On Truthout, read this: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/100905F.shtml" target="top">The Faith-Based President Defrocked </a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>It's a good read. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Previous

Return to Religion and the Occult