A New Age Cometh

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

if only I could register.

Postby Homeless Halo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:02 pm

If I was a registered user, I could edit my posts instead of posting one after the other. Its more annoying, I'm sure, so I apologize, but do realize that the end result is the same amount of rambling by me.<br><br>Note: I am not arguing that "satanists" do not exist, just that, if not for Christianity, they wouldn't...<br><br>(Bohemian Grove is a good example of a modern "satan" cult who worships the non-existant prince of evil under the name of a former pagan god who became synonymous with the devil only after about 300 ad, but who was worshipped by the Jews as GOD YHVH as recently as 600 or so years earlier...) <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Why Can't you Register?

Postby Col Quisp » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:30 pm

Sure it's a pain, but not impossible. <br><br>Even the Church of Satan does not believe in Satan! Anton Lavey used to dress up in toy devil horns and wave a plastic pitchfork when dyed in the wool "satanists" came to visit him. They left perplexed. He was a good old fashioned huckster/trickster out of the carny mold.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

because

Postby Homeless Halo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:37 pm

I already have another (three actually) local account with ezboard.<br><br>I'd need a new email address. Or so they tell me. <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Re: because

Postby Dreams End » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Ummm..interesting discussion, but I kinda had started this thread and it wasn't really about Crowley. Homeless Halo...could you start a thread about Crowley and Thelema. You'll get attacked, but that doesn't seem to faze you and it might really create some interesting dialogue. However, I think my thread kinda got jacked here and I was really curious about other perspectives on the original question. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

indeed.

Postby Homeless Halo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:22 pm

It wasn't my intention to jack your thread.<br><br>Nope, doesn't faze me. I was an Occultist in an evangelical Christian school, I've heard it all. Besides, I'm sociopathic, I don't really have feelings anyway.<br><br>Maybe I'll start a thread, maybe not, certainly not tonite.<br><br>However, in the vein of this thread, my intentions were to suggest that there are indeed many large scale "new age" type organizations that weren't created by the PTB, even though they'll ride anything they can get on, even the Great Beast(pun intended).<br><br>This descended into a discussion about satanism. <br><br>I am sorry if I have detracted from your credibility. <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Question for Halo

Postby heyjt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:08 am

In your above piece, you refer to a level of your practice that is based on / involves internal / external martial arts. I am very familiar with both and am curious specificly what you refer to. <br> Taoist Alchemy?<br> The paranormal skills as in the military book "Men Who Stare At Goats"?<br> Or, if I may inquire without offending, is it something you aspire to without actually being trained in?<br> Honest, no offense. But I know and have experianced how deep that practice goes.<br> Also, Perhaps you could explain somthing that I am trying to understand: Where does Luciferian philosophy fit in and how would you describe it? <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

okay, but...

Postby Homeless Halo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:14 am

Sure, I'll go there, but let me actually start a new thread as was requested of me. One moment. <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Getting back to what Dreams End said . . .

Postby starroute » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:36 am

Sometimes things make a lot more sense if you grab them from the transcendent end instead of the human end.<br><br>Let's assume for a moment that there is a cosmic force working to transform the material universe into spirit. Or a God who created all of existence because divine perfection has no meaning except in the eyes of a lover. Or a Teilhardian Omega Point pulling us across time towards itself. Or whatever particular metaphor floats your boat.<br><br>Next, let us assume that by "good" we mean anything that leads towards that transformation or knowledge or union and that by "evil" we mean anything that works against it. That by "true" we mean anything which opens our eyes to this higher reality and by "false" we mean anything which keeps us lost in a nightmare of material limitations and animal appetites. That by "beautiful" we mean anything that reminds us of a greater whole and by "ugly" we mean anything that is broken or distorted.<br><br>Let us further assume that in this world there are a tiny number of individuals who perceive and work towards this ultimate goal with all their heart and soul. A far larger number who recognize it occasionally or partially and are willing to support it as long as they don't have to give up their SUV's and their homes in the nice part of town -- and who are thus likely to be happier dealing with a watered-down version of it than with the real thing. And a hopefully smaller number -- though many of them the possessors of great power and wealth -- who see it only as an enemy that would deprive them of all their worldly advantages and that must therefore be combatted or corrupted until it cannot threaten them.<br><br>And finally, let us assume that this transcendent force, however we may envision it, is not merely passive but is actively working to draw all of us toward itself. And further that this cosmic pull is not constant but grows stronger at those times when humanity is preparing to make what we -- from our necessarily limited perspective -- might call an evolutionary leap.<br><br>On such occasions, when what we might describe as a doorway of cosmic possibility opens up, there will be some who rush to leap through it. There will be others who step forward more tentatively, perhaps moving ahead a ways and then retreating again, or who press on through because that is what everyone around them is doing, but who carry so much baggage of outdated and unnecessary assumptions that they can only feel baffled and out of place on the other side. And there will also be those who realize that their kingdom lies back here, on this side of the door, and who will not only refuse to go through it but will also attempt to keep others from doing so -- and may even set up a multitude of false doorways that lead to paths which might seem easier or more pleasant to those who are baffled and made uneasy by the real thing.<br><br>In that case (and if anyone has actually followed me through this thicket of mixed metaphors), and if the present moment really is such a time of suddenly enhanced possibility, then we might expect to see exactly the sort of mixture of possibilities that Dreams End was referring to in the post which started this thread.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
starroute

Getting back to what Dreams End said . . .

Postby Trifecta » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 am

Theory, from the Greek Theoria (I think?) meaning Theatre.<br><br>When we viewed the world from a Newtonian perspective, we used theory to expound new ideas about the world we inhabit, that knowledge/research/intuition created a problem out of the newtonian view, it did not work, yet the view itself led to the discovery of other things. Quantum theory leads us down other roads of discovering, moving our world view as the environments changes around the perspective. <br><br>We view knowledge as the source and it is clearly not.<br><br>Expounding old views of elitest movements, secret knowledge is the same old paradigm. Until we loose the I, Me, Mine we will never see our connection to the all. P{erhaps with the advent of more of this self manifestation of our individual realities, we will be able to look back, change what does not fit, into the world we NEED.<br><br>It is far too easy to put people in their little boxes, little snipets of exo/esoteric information, leading to demonstrable demonstrations of so called miracles, changing one box for another. <br><br>When in fact we are just peaking out from a flat earth perspective once again. Unless you practise the art of manifesting your own internal realities, the changing world will be as it is controlled to be fractured.<br><br>Ego and ID are just more constructs of theory. <p></p><i></i>
Trifecta

changing images 2000 (sounds like a robot)

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:14 pm

i printed this out and read it with a fresh cup of tea, ready to be swept away with some new fascinating thing. it's not new. it's pretty interesting. but it's not new. <br><br>this is the old sixties re-visioning thing. reminds me of the Brookings Report. I'd need to read the original piece, but this is your basic garden-variety "what now, Enlightenment" thinking that spawned the Childrens' Television Workshop and other "progressive" strains of mainstream. it totally reminds me something i would have discussed at youth Unitarian camp. <br><br>went we went to the moon we were preparing for all sorts progress. the thing about ET doesn't seem very odd to me in this context. these guys were interested in preparing the soil for "all the new space age stuff" to take root in and this was the group tasked with imagining our ontological, spiritual health. RAPID CULTURAL TRANSFORMATION is the holy grail for overacheivers in social science. "it could come any minute -- thru breakdown, thru advance -- omg, our identity is completely plastic!" <br><br>it true to. we saw it in New Orleans with Katrina. that was a breakdown scenario and guess what -- The People had no problem adjusting. it was the people in leadership positions who dis-integrated. <br><br>if you go down the list of "Imperatives in Times of Radical Change" you can see that the problem isn't with The People being able to rise to the occassion -- the problem is The System is in shut-down mode as relates to change agents. The System is propagating fear. The System is shutting down discussion and choices. The System is interfereing with people trying to protect themselves from ecological and social danger. <br><br>yikes. as a manual for cultural liberation, Changing Images of Man 2000 is more like a map of where the landmines are to survival, than a how-to evolve. the content is familiar and comforting, but it seems lifetimes ago that we could look out across the zeitgeist and feel the promise of progress. <br><br>and yet, this doesn't make Changing Images of Man 2000 any less relevant -- the image is very much disputed territory. <br> <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

ah

Postby Homeless Halo » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:45 pm

Humankind will be fine. It survived the last several evolutionary cataclsyms. It'll surve the one that's coming. After this next one, it will be pretty damned near impossible to get rid of us.<br><br>And we survived the dinosaurs. We were barely mammals back then.<br><br>What we need to do is learn to keep a part of system in the hands of everyone, so we can hit our institutions with a rolled up newspaper when they go into "deer headlight mode engage". Incorporation of such an idea would actually benefit "them" as much as "us". I wonder who'll get to it sooner. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

more thoughts on changing images 2000...

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:18 pm

i need to make a thread just for this, but something in the Changing Images of Man really piqued my interest. it was something about communities drawing from their LOCAL natural resources to build image/identity/bonding. <br><br>an example that i've been thinking about is "Springs." those things that water comes out of. seems like you could (and in a more healthy time would) use this sort of resource for the community. there's springs all over our neighborhood and some of the areas actually have "spings" in their name. it seems logical that neighborhoods could/should reclaim these natural resources for community use. think of the way this would upend and improve the way we relate to our locale. running steams can generate energy; springs can be a source of clean water (if not clean, then dammit, it's OUR springs and we'll find out who and kick their ass); recreation could be organized around the resource. places for scout meetings; classes; childcare; maybe the water is bottled and sold to benefit the community. <br><br>in a related sense, who here has RAILROADS that cut thru your neighborhood. what do they carry? do you know? i know nuclear fuels are sometimes on these tracks, along with cars, hobos, private containers, coal, flammable gases, poisonous gases and corrosive materials. i NEVER see passenger trains. funny -- and they go right thru the neighborhood all over the place. we let them thru here and they get to carry whatever the hell with no regard for health and safety. that's encroachment on MY backyard. this is where i live and intend to live for a very long time. the rails should be as much of a resource for the neighborhoods they run thru as a hazard. <br><br>just thoughts... <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

Previous

Return to Religion and the Occult