THELEMA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

mmm

Postby Homeless Halo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:58 am

Perhaps I'm being too imprecise.<br><br>My "condition" is called Asperger's syndrome. That is, symptomatically I can be diagnosed with this disorder, via several behavioral effects and/or physical effects. The problem is that no one agrees on what exactly Autism is or its cause (one of the original listed symptoms was "oddness"), and this confusion extends to subsets of Autism, including Aperger's syndrome. There are no clear lines as to what is what. <br><br>In my particular case, I also have Pituitary malfunction, throwing off my entire endocrine system and is regulatory tasks which alters brain chemistry from normal, and I also have several, perhaps unrelated brain abnormalities. Which means, in my case, it is difficult to say which symptoms are caused by what, and indeed, whether "cause" is even the right word, as the feedback mechanisms mean they're all interrelated.<br><br>Testing for various autisms have used all sorts of therapies including everything from soft conditioning (behavioral therapies, like a lot of OCD people receive) to a variety of drug treatments (everything from SSRIs to Opiates to Stimulants), all of which work on some and not on others, leading to further confusion. In my own opinion, I think we're talking about an approaching infinite variety of similar disorders which won't be clearly understood until the advent of neuronal level mapping, which is, optimistically, still fifteen/twenty years out of our grasp.<br><br>Given that there are no universal "symptoms" or "treatments", I don't think this is the same thing in all cases, and cases like mine, which could include multiple problems, only tend to confuse the research further.<br><br>Some of my problems are "autism", some are "glandular hormonal shifts", some are "other". Which are which, no one can say at present.<br><br>Maybe someday.<br><br>Sorry for the muddiness, if this is still unclear, I can attempt to remedy this as best as possible, but my own knowledge is limited, as I'd have to be a MD to understand half of it completely.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Blog: View Blog (0)

brain mapping

Postby jenz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:14 am

Its the brain mapping which hopefully will lead to much more precision when it arrives. I may not live to see this, and in the meantime, it has been interesting to hear from your perspective of some of the symptoms and treatments for your condition, because, from my survivor supporter perspective, I come across many similar symptoms given a variety of different labels. just scanning quickly through these articles, which your notes led me to, shows some of the basis for the alteration in emotional states, perceptions of emotions, and memory. I hope one day that the means will come to validate the experience of many survivors, who currently have to run the gamut of dismissive reactions and misdirected treatments, and that as a corollary of that greater understanding, we will finally get enough pressure up to initiate proper criminal investigations against perpetrators. So, here is another link in this rambling thread: and I'm touching on one of the areas where I feel work could be done, by anyone with the motivation to undertake long study, who actually had a prior understanding of the processes that can (in some cases) lead to an altered brain state. <p></p><i></i>
jenz

jenz:

Postby Homeless Halo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:30 am

That is precisely why a number of people, including myself, go into this field, is because of the remarkable number of issues (including RA induced DID, for example, and my own symptoms), which a greater understanding of the brain will give us solutions for.<br><br>Someday perhaps, I can come back here, and explain this in actual scientific terms. But today is not that day, and tomorrow won't be either. It will take years of research before we come close to understanding brain function, and there are hundreds of walls that need to be knocked down before we'll get there.<br><br>For my own case, the hormone therapy undid some of the damage of my pit. gland malfunction, that is, it aided my growth. It has not stabilized my brain chemistry, nor has it allowed my prefrontal cortex to take full responsibility for post-second level modelling. My brain still scans weird.<br><br>My behavior, while not my brain, has much changed, as just teaching me how my brain acts weird, even without an exact "why" has helped me to pay attention to my own processes and to alter them significantly. <br>In regards to the original topic of this thread, I should note that many "esoteric" practices have been as helpful, if not moreso, than the clinical directives that have been passed along by kind therapists. <br><br>Hence my interest in the occult has been beneficial to my physical and mental health. Therefore, I am an advocate of these methods, regardless of their ability to cause harm. Many things are this way, as it seems that mans' capacity for "good" deeds increases in proportion with his capacity for "bad" deeds. <br><br>Even with eventual brain mapping abilities, we'll still have to "crack the code" so to speak on the brain, before that will do us any significant benefit in preventing brain illness, although it should provide easier access to "seeing" mental illness that's accompanied by physical defect (like classical schizophrenia).<br><br>I included the information about my own brain, only because it explains some of my actions and attitudes, even though it doesn't "excuse" my deeds. You are your nervous system, after all.<br><br>Love is the Law,<br>SHCR <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

wright patterson

Postby anonymous » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:03 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Over the next twelve years, I was tested, trained, and used in various ways. All the programming that was done to me by the CIA was to split my personality making me a compliant slave. It was Trauma based using things like electroshock, sensory deprivation, and drugs. Later the trauma wasn't necessary, only hypnosis accomplished with implanted triggers and occasional tune-ups that took place at Wright Patterson Air Force Base not far from my home.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://my.dmci.net/~casey/Indiana%20University%20Lecture%202003.html">my.dmci.net/~casey/Indian...02003.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
anonymous

Re: wright patterson

Postby robertdreed » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:27 am

Name a location in the USA, and I can probably supply the name of a military base nearby. That's the natue of the MIC. <br><br>Wright Patterson AFB figures strongly in UFO lore as well. FWIW.<br><br>"Asperger's Syndrome"? If there has to be a label, I prefer a more traditional one, like "Eccentricity." <br><br>Imagine the terrible homonymnal resonances of "Asperger's Syndrome" on the schoolyard. As "memes" go, I think that one's best fast-tracked to the "memetic junkyard." <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 10/20/05 12:32 am<br></i>
robertdreed

indeed.

Postby Homeless Halo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:58 am

I much preferred it when I was merely "odd" or "vaguely frightening" or something like that. Sometimes I think "sociopath" would be a welcome change. But it doesn't really matter, they can label us as they choose.<br><br>It won't help them in the end, not one bit.<br><br>Wright Pat is home to the infamous "blue room", among other things, and AF StratCom is there, usually. Its an important piece in the puzzle. <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Previous

Return to Religion and the Occult