Re: Cross of Lorraine

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Homeless Halo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:11 am

Saw the references to this unique, yet prolific christian/hermetic symbol in the blog(set off explosions in my brain) and wanted to ruminate over it a bit. Feel free to join in. Here goes:<br><br>Used by the Knights Templar, as granted to them by the Patriach of Jerusalem. Similar to the Patriarchal Cross, but differing in several key points. Probably the association (Crowley) with Baphomet came about as a result of the Templar being accussed of Worshipping Baphomet. (I'll get back to this)<br><br>The Cross is also the Emblem of the House an Anjou. Said to represent two distinct bloodlines (Lucifer and/or Christ?), the cross was used as the "wink wink" conspirator symbol by Anjou during the coup of the French throne. <br><br>The Cross was also used by the "Free" French government to "counter" the swaztika (which it does in an occult sense). It is also the title of an American "propoganda film" about this sort of resistence movement.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0035769/">us.imdb.com/title/tt0035769/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It is used today, by several Masonic groups.<br>One of the "lost" rites of Freemasonry used a stylised version of this cross, with TWO foot beams (one in the patriarchal cross) to create a symbol nearly exact to Crowley's sigil. It was upon this cross that the Letters "INIBM" were written, indicating their own subservience to the Knights of the Temple.<br><br>A version of the Cross existed as the "Hook or Crook" of rulership in Sumer, being a symbol of the ruling house of the Dragon Court.<br><br>As far as the Crowley connection goes: The Lorraine cross was stylised into the "poison" symbol and was specifically associated with both Baphomet and the X* of the Ordo Templi Orientis. Possibly this connection has more to do with sex magick than anything else, but it could be noted that in the complete construction of the "watchtowers" of the ENOCHIAN angels, a Lorraine Cross would connect the lesser towers to the Great Cross along the middle. This leads to lots and lots of interesting invocations that can be made using the enochian system which are not available in any text. I'd have to write a book to explain it properly, but Enochians might know what I'm hinting at.<br><br>Essentially, it would give one access to a greater "variety" or another hierarchy of "extradimensional" entities. <br><br>Remember, Crowley's "extradimensionals" told him that they also were of "the holy royal blood".<br><br>Other ideas?<br><br>I'm still putting mine together.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sepka » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Cross was also used by the "Free" French government to "counter" the swaztika (which it does in an occult sense). </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Can you expand upon that?<br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

yep

Postby Homeless Halo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:07 pm

It was used on flags, banners, armbands, etc.<br><br>This probably had more to do with DuGalle and his supporters (descendents of the Lorraine aristocratic "line").<br><br>Could be seen as the equivalent, in occult terms to using the V (symbolic of those things "over" the abyss in occultism)against the Flat hand salute (symbolic of the abyss, among other things, to occultists).<br><br>Both the Lorraine Cross and the Swaztika have occult significance, as being much older symbols than their respective "users" during WW2. Lorraine Cross would be closer to the Sumer/Hindu Swaz, therefore a perfect counter for the SS use of the inverted Swaz.<br><br>Fight black magic with white magic?<br><br>Shouldn't be suprising, really, considering the huge number of occultists on either (both) sides of the conflict, mostly working with military intelligences.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Homeless Halo

Return to Religion and the Occult