Sacramento Virgin statue crying 'blood'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sacramento Virgin statue crying 'blood'

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:42 am

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Believers flock to 'crying' Virgin Mary</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>November 28, 2005 (SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Carrying rosary beads and cameras, the faithful have been coming in a steady stream to a church on the outskirts of Sacramento for a glimpse of what some are calling a miracle: A statue of the Virgin Mary they say has begun crying a substance that looks like blood.<br><br>It was first noticed more than a week ago, when a priest at the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church spotted a stain on the statue's face and wiped it away. Before Mass on Nov. 20, people again noticed a reddish substance near the eyes of the white concrete statue outside the small church, said Ky Truong, 56, a parishioner.<br><br>Since then, Truong said he has been at the church day and night, so emotional he can't even work. He believes the tears are a sign. <br><br>"There's a big event in the future earthquake, flood, a disease," Truong said. "We're very sad."<br><br>On Saturday, tables in front of the fenced-in statue were jammed with potted plants, bouquets of roses and candles. Some people prayed silently, while others sang hymns and hugged their children. An elderly woman in a wheelchair wept near the front of the crowd.<br><br>A red trail could be seen from the side of the statue's left eye to about halfway down the robe of concrete.<br><br>"I think that it's incredible. It's a miracle. Why is she doing it? Is it something bothering her?" asked Maria Vasquez, 35, who drove with her parents and three children from Stockton, about 50 miles south of Sacramento.<br><br>Thousands of such incidents are reported around the world each year, though many turn out to be hoaxes or natural phenomena.<br><br>The Diocese of Sacramento has so far not commented on the statue, and the two priests affiliated with the church did not return a telephone message Saturday.<br><br>The Rev. James Murphy, deacon of the diocese's mother church, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, said church leaders are always skeptical at first.<br><br>"For people individually seeing things through the eyes of faith, something like this can be meaningful. As for whether it is supernatural or a miracle, normally these incidences are not. Miracles are possible, of course," Murphy said. "The bishop is just waiting and seeing what happens. They will be moving very slowly."<br><br>But seeing the statue in person left no doubt for Martin Operario, 60, who drove about 100 miles from Hayward. He took photos to show to family and friends.<br><br>"I don't know how to express what I'm feeling," Operario said. "Since religion is the mother of believing, then I believe."<br><br>Nuns Anna Bui and Rosa Hoang, members of the Salesian Sisters of San Francisco, also made the trek Saturday. Whether the weeping statue is declared a miracle or not, they said, it is already doing good by awakening people to the faith and reminding them to pray.<br><br>"It's a call for us to change ourselves, to love one another," Hoang said. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=bizarre&id=3673926">abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=bizarre&id=3673926</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

They should do a

Postby monster » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:47 am

DNA test on the blood. <p></p><i></i>
monster

Postby Ted the dog » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:40 pm

"There's a big event in the future earthquake, flood, a disease," Truong said. "We're very sad."<br><br>jesus.....talk about control methods.<br><br><br>""I don't know how to express what I'm feeling," Operario said. "Since religion is the mother of believing, then I believe."<br><br>Nuns Anna Bui and Rosa Hoang, members of the Salesian Sisters of San Francisco, also made the trek Saturday. Whether the weeping statue is declared a miracle or not, they said, it is already doing good by awakening people to the faith and reminding them to pray."<br><br>jeez...see what I mean? so because a statue looks like it's bleeding, that means we weren't being loving enough towards each other, we're all horrible sinners and we all need to "start believing...OR ELSE"? is that how this works? are we supposed to have faith in a god that threatens us and scares us into submission? <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

weeping statues

Postby mother » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:32 pm

These strange things, when they are actually bona fide miracles, only and ever speak of God's infinite love for all of us. Weeping statues are in the category of private revelation and therefore no one is obliged to believe or worship. The reason Catholics, especially the Vietnamese are so concerned is because weeping statues often occur before huge tragedies, Hurricane Katrina being a good example. Catholics have an immense, rich history of miraculous events and until recently brutal prooving process taking years(devil's advocate) Sometimes these things are frauds, some are psychlogical imbalances, many are seriously diabolical and the Church has traditionally been extremely scrupulous in approving such phenomena. But, there is still that long, long history of miraculuos stuff happenng with statues. The miraculous warnings have only God's deep desire for people to avoid something hideous which is coming. A lot of Vietnamese people can recall some scary s*** . <p></p><i></i>
mother

Reminds me of the book "The Cardinal"...

Postby banned » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:13 pm

...a novel from the 1960s about a priest's rise in the Church. While still a curate there is a statue in his parish that seems to drip blood from the heart.<br><br>He discovers that a pipe is leaking and the 'blood' is water with some red paint in it.<br><br>Yeah, do a chemical test on the 'blood' and see what it is. <p></p><i></i>
banned

Return to Religion and the Occult