Namibia:'Demons' Wreak Havoc in North

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Namibia:'Demons' Wreak Havoc in North

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:04 am

The Namibian (Windhoek)<br>November 18, 2005<br>Posted to the web November 18, 2005<br><br>Oswald Shivute<br>Oshakati <br><br>MANY people in the North are fearful about a spate of incidents where what they call demons are terrorising people with mysterious phenomena.<br><br>More than 10 pastors and school authorities are struggling to deal with cases of bewitchment at schools and in villages.<br><br>A 17-year-old schoolgirl from Oshidhiya village in Ohangwena Region, in Grade 8 at Ozizi Combined School, says she cannot wear clothing because it catches fire spontaneously.<br><br>Johannes Nghidipo (21) from Elyalyatika village in the Omusati Region is in the Oshakati Hospital with feet so burnt that they may have to be amputated.<br><br>And 41 schoolchildren - 39 girls and two boys - at Mumbwenge Combined School near Oshigambo in Ohangwena are falling to the ground in school, screaming for Satan to leave them alone.<br><br>"We really do not know what to do," Helena Makili, the Principal of Mumbwenge Combined School, told The Namibian yesterday.<br><br>She said that the whole school - 514 pupils from Grade 1 to 10, 16 teachers, two cleaners and a secretary - is stunned by the phenomenon.<br><br>"This has never happened at our school and we are praying to our Lord to stop these demons as soon as possible," Makali said.<br><br>She said the incidents started on July 8 among children in Grade 3 and it has now spread to other classes, except in Grade 1 and 10.<br><br>"We have reported the incident to our School Inspector, Linus Nakamwe, and to our Director of Education for Ohangwena region, Josia Udjombala, who still has not come to see us," she said.<br><br>The school has called in parents and had meetings, and then decided to take the concerned children to Onandjokwe Hospital, where no illness was found.<br><br>PASTORS CALLED IN<br><br>The principal decided to contact pastors from different churches and seven have come to pray over the children.<br><br>Pastors Titus Kasindani Ngula, Hosea Namupala, Simon Iitula, Kleopas Amaambo, Nikodemus Ngula, Efraim Angula and Salom Elago all tried praying, laying hands on the children who are falling and screaming, but nothing has stopped the "demons".<br><br>Children continue to fall, and to scream.<br><br>The school then called in pastors from Jesus Centre Church and from the Universal Church who also came and prayed for the victimised children, but without success.<br><br>"All those pastors who came couldn't stop the demons and the children continue to be molested by these demons," Makili told The Namibian.<br><br>She said that the children are seeing a black thing with a long stick.<br><br>"Go away Satan, leave us and our teachers, Satan, we were sent to school by our parents to learn and not to be molested by you," the children apparently call and scream when this starts, said Makili.<br><br>"We are still calling to all Namibians and the whole world to come and help us in this big problem," Makili said.<br><br>She said education at the school has been seriously hampered this year and she did not know whether "they will harvest fruit, in results," as usual.<br><br>The Principal of Ozizi Combined School, Armas Kashiimbi, told The Namibian that one of the schoolgirls is being molested by some mysterious phenomenon.<br><br>Her clothing always catches fire when she is at her parents' home.<br><br>But she is better when she is at school, according to Kashiimbi.<br><br>A source from this girl's village (Oshidhiya) told The Namibian, that when this starts, she has to be naked to avoid getting burnt.<br><br>"The family is really in a big problem and is seeking help from the spiritual leaders," the villager said.<br><br>HOSPITALISED<br><br>Klaudia Silas (45) from Epangu village near Okahao in Omusati Region told The Namibian that her son, Johannes Nghidipo, mysteriously burnt both his feet at a witchdoctor's house at Okapyakambidhi in Omusati last Thursday night.<br><br>She said Nghidipo was staying at her uncle Iita Namashana at Elyalyatika village near Ogongo when this happened.<br><br>She said on November 2, a woman named Angelika from Elyalyatika village asked Namashana for permission to allow her son to help her take a black cow to a certain witchdoctor at Okapyakambidhi, where she wanted to graduate as a witchdoctor.<br><br>(Black cows are traditionally given as a compensation to witchdoctors who are grooming other witchdoctors).<br><br>While there, Silas told The Namibian, her sons feet were mysteriously burnt, probably while he was sleeping with others.<br><br>"We took him to Oshikuku Roman Catholic Hospital and he was transferred to Oshakati State Hospital. I was told by his doctors that both feet will be amputated on Friday (today). I really do not know what that witchdoctor has done to my son," Silas said.<br><br>She reported the incident to the Ogongo Police but they apparently told her that this is a traditional thing and she should go to her traditional headman.<br><br>"We went to the headmen, but were told to go to hospital," she said.<br><br>Silas said the headmen do not want to deal with this case because they are afraid of becoming bewitched.<br><br>Nghidipo told The Namibian that he did not know what happened to him during the night of Thursday 3 November.<br><br>Speaking from his hospital bed in Oshakati State Hospital, Nghidipo said that on November 2, he and his nephew John Mathew helped the woman named Angelina to take her cow to the witchdoctor Kaputu's house at Okapyakambidhi.<br><br>"That evening, the cow was slaughtered by Angelika, because she had to do it.<br><br>After she had drunk the blood of the cow and eaten other inside meat, uncooked, meat was then cooked for all of us and the graduation ceremony continued. Witchdoctor Kaputu accepted meme Angelika as a witchdoctor. The feast continued the next day."<br><br>On Thursday night, they went to sleep and when he woke up the next morning he noticed that both his feet were seriously burnt.<br><br>"I didn't feel pain, although I was seriously burnt, only later I started to feel pain. Nobody could explain how was I burnt and why," Nghidipo said.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://allafrica.com/stories/200511180006.html">allafrica.com/stories/200511180006.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

That's what you get

Postby monster » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:05 am

when you hang around "witchdoctors." These people believe in all kinds of ridiculous voodoo. Who knows what kind of demons they invite into their homes and bodies. <p></p><i></i>
monster

Re: That's what you get

Postby sussurus2 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:29 pm

On the other hand, it could be some schmuck testing Raytheon's latest effing toy, that so-called humane crowd-dispersal unit that microwaves the epidermal layer so people freak and run. <br><br>Likely at increased power levels, it wouldn't be "non-harmful" and effects might range from spontaneously combusting clothing to the "burned without feeling it" reported here? That's the first thing I thought of upon reading this story.<br><br>Regardless, if man-made effect, leads to the question what actual issues are brewing in that locale that such tactics/ distractions/ reprisals seemed warrented. Like, control over what natural resources or commodity (silicon sand? I have no idea) may be involved/in dispute?<br><br>Could also be something like naturally occurring or human-action induced ball-lightning or similar "unfortunate side-effects" of EM/scalar activities which may be targeting other locations on the planet--but impacting this population because of the geometries involved?<br><br>S. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sussurus2>sussurus2</A> at: 12/2/05 11:31 am<br></i>
sussurus2

Given that white Europeans...

Postby banned » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:15 pm

...consider all Africans expendable why not test their new toys on them? <p></p><i></i>
banned

Postby GDN01 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:09 pm

And I guess those who were molested by priests should be told, "that's what you get when you hang around those men..."<br><br>Sorry, I just hate responses like "that's what you get..."<br><br>Something quite awful is happening to the children of this village - and they do not deserve it.<br><br>Interesting theory you suggest, Jeff. That never occurred to me. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Postby marykmusic » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:19 pm

Ethiopian troops were still on camels and horses when the Italians trained their fighter pilots on them in the 1930's.<br><br>I believe also that some sort of weapon is being tested, probably from high overhead.<br><br>Blaming witchdoctors is also not right, not for anyone who knows about Credo Mutwa (or any other indigenous spiritual leader.) --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Return to Religion and the Occult