Pat Robertson's Sharon slur costs him Bible theme park

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Pat Robertson's Sharon slur costs him Bible theme park

Postby emad » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:18 pm

Prophet of doom's message costs him Bible theme park<br>From Ian MacKinnon in Jerusalem<br> <br> <br> <br>AS ARIEL SHARON lay fighting for life hours after suffering his massive stroke, the veteran US evangelist Pat Robertson told an estimated million viewers that the Israeli Prime Minister had been struck down by divine retribution for his withdrawal from Jewish settlements in Gaza. <br><br>But Mr Robertson faced his own retribution yesterday when the Israeli Tourism Ministry pulled the plug on a £40 million partnership with the controversial preacher to build a biblical theme park on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus was said to have performed many miracles and most of his public ministry. <br> <br>Mr Robertson was one of the key backers of the project. But his remarks to viewers of his syndicated 700 Club programme prompted protests around the world. Yesterday Abraham Hirschon, the Tourism Minister, a close Sharon ally and among the first to back his Kadima party, said that the Government would cancel its agreement to provide land. <br><br>The project, which would have linked 125 acres of sites where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount, urged his disciples to become “fishers of men” and was said to have fed the 5,000 from five loaves and two fishes, is now in jeopardy. <br><br>At the Jerusalem hospital where Mr Sharon is being treated doctors said yesterday that they had been heartened by his progress, but he was still expected to spend several months recuperating. <br><br>Mr Robertson’s criticism of the Prime Minister was backed by biblical quotations: “God considers this land to be His,” he said. “You read the Bible and He says, ‘This is my land’. And for any Prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says: ‘No, this is mine’.” <br><br>Mr Hirschon was outraged. The Government would no longer work with the preacher on the theme park project despite his enthusiasm for the idea, which he believed could draw in an extra 1.5 million Christian tourists annually. <br><br>Uri Dagul, the head of the steering committee and author of the project, is likely to seek other avenues to finance the project. The park’s focus is the heritage centre on the banks of the Sea of Galilee’s northern shore, with computerised, interactive displays and scale models of villages to illustrate how Jesus and his followers lived. <br> <br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-1980838,00.html">www.timesonline.co.uk/art...38,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Pat Robertson's Sharon slur costs him Bible theme park

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:37 pm

I saw this and had to laugh. When are the Israelis going to realize that the fundies are no friends of theirs? They all still blame the Jews for killing Jesus, for chrissake. And there is no group that is as anti-Semitic as the fundies, which is really why we are in Iraq. It isn't so much to protect "our friends" as the fact that Iraqis are Semites, and deserve what we are giving them, as the fundies see it. <br><br>Well, that and the fundies also want to proselytize in Israel so they can convert all those heathen Jews to Christianity. <br><br>AND they want access to holy locations. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 1/12/06 12:40 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Re: Pat Robertson's Sharon slur costs him Bible theme park

Postby scollon » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Robertson is only spouting the garbage the Israelis have been paying him and Falwell to spout. Sharon changed the game plan and made him look like an idiot (not too difficult). He does have a big mouth though and lost a massive business deal by calling Scotland a 'land of homosexuals. Just because some of us wear skirts doesn't mean ...<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>They all still blame the Jews for killing Jesus, for chrissake. And there is no group that is as anti-Semitic as the fundies, which is really why we are in Iraq. It isn't so much to protect "our friends" as the fact that Iraqis are Semites, and deserve what we are giving them, as the fundies see it. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>all true <p></p><i></i>
scollon

when ?

Postby ir » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:00 pm

When are the Israelis going to realize that the fundies are no friends of theirs?<br><br><br>when its too late, of course... <p></p><i></i>
ir

Re: when ?

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:00 pm

I seem to remember something my granny used to say something like, "Though the mills of God move slowly, yet they grind exceedingly fine". Not exact, but close to that. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Maybe Zion Oil will take over the sponsorship?

Postby emad » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:32 pm

Great business op looming. Maybe.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.zionoil.com/">www.zionoil.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
emad

ha ha ha, zionoil

Postby ir » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm

there must be something else in this corporation, because there is no oil and gas in Israel, period. the matter has been examined numerous times, and since this place as tiny, no chance the oil is hiding in the one square mile that wasn't dug up here.<br><br>But I wouldn't be surprised if someone is digging a huge pipeline from baghdad right now, and it will "pop up" as a miracle well in Israel. Or maybe jesus will pop up holding a little oil can which never stops pouring... <p></p><i></i>
ir

Re: ha ha ha, zionoil

Postby marykmusic » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:03 pm

Each area in Southwest Asia that produces oil is at risk to takeover by US forces. Pipelines are needed, so every country between them is also at risk. Simply piping to a port on the Black Sea is not considered practical, because the Drdanelles is dangerous for supertankers; this means other ports are necessary. The Red Sea, Pakistan, and yes, Isreal are likely ports for pipelines. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Return to Religion and the Occult