On-Ship Satanic Rituals Approved by Royal Navy... (BBC)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

On-Ship Satanic Rituals Approved by Royal Navy... (BBC)

Postby chillin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:12 pm

"Navy approves first ever Satanist<br><br>The British Armed Forces has officially recognised its first registered Satanist, a newspaper reports.<br><br>Naval technician Chris Cranmer, 24, has been allowed to register by the captain of HMS Cumberland, based at Devonport Naval Base in Plymouth.<br><br>The move will mean that he will now be allowed to perform Satanic rituals on board the vessel.<br><br>According to the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Cranmer realised he was a Satanist nine years ago.<br><br>Religious values<br><br>Mr Cranmer said that was when he stumbled across a copy of the Satanic Bible, written by Church of Satan founder Anton Szandor LaVey.<br><br>He said: "I then read more and more and came to realise I'd always been a Satanist, just simply never knew."<br><br>Mr Cranmer, who is from Edinburgh, is now lobbying the Ministry of Defence to make Satanism a registered religion in the armed forces.<br><br>        <br>The Navy should not permit Satanist practices on board its ships<br>Tory MP Ann Widdecombe<br>Former Tory minister Ann Widdecombe said she was "utterly shocked" by the Royal Navy's decision.<br><br>"Satanism is wrong. Obviously the private beliefs of individuals anywhere, including the armed forces, are their own affair but I hope it doesn't spread."<br><br>She added: "The Navy should not permit Satanist practices on board its ships.<br><br>"God himself gives free will, but I would like to think that if somebody applied to the Navy and said they were a Satanist today it would raise its eyebrows somewhat."<br><br>A spokesman for the Royal Navy said: "We are an equal opportunities employer and we don't stop anybody from having their own religious values."<br><br>The path to Satan<br><br>The Church of Satan was established in San Francisco in 1966.<br><br>Mr LaVey was its high priest until his death in 1997.<br><br>Followers live by the Nine Satanic Statements, which include "Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence", "Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek" and "Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification".<br><br>Doug Harris, director of the Reachout Trust, an evangelical Christian ministry that "builds a bridge of reason" to those involved in cults and the occult, says the statements are "selfish".<br><br>"Following such tenets and working them out practically in your life seems to produce a selfish person not a member of a team," he said. "<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3948329.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3948329.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chillin

Blog: View Blog (0)

RE

Postby Quentin Quire » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:21 pm

The LaVey branch of Satanism doesn't worry me especially - it seems to be style over substance and teenage wish fufillment.<br><br>Aquino and the Temple of Set are a far more disturbing concept IMO. <p></p><i></i>
Quentin Quire

old news

Postby chillin » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm

I found the link today in another thread, didn't notice it was from '04. Probably been seen here already. <br><br>I agree that Levey's sect seems fairly innocuous, but the article doesn't really specify which group the sailor is affiliated with. <p></p><i></i>
chillin

Re: On-Ship Satanic Rituals Approved by Royal Navy... (BBC)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:35 am

Reminds me of a scene in Dr. Strangelove-<br>"You can't fight in here, this is the war room!"<br><br>Now-<br>"You can't practice Satanism here, we're trying to kill people!" <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby antiaristo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:30 am

There is a much larger issue here.<br><br>Our legal systems are founded on Oaths. Oaths which are sworn to God. Kings and queens have their place having been put there by God. Remember, it is "The DIVINE right of kings".<br><br>Not all gods are the same.<br><br>Suppose I join a religion that teaches it is ok to lie under certain circumstances.<br><br>And I swear an oath to my god.<br><br>Am I bound by that oath?<br><br>What is the value of an oath sworn by a Satanist?<br><br>This is just an extension of the Freemason lie that all gods are the same, that the Holy Books are just furniture.<br><br>Equal opportunity religion? That's what the Great Architect of the Universe is all about. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby Darklo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:42 am

This happened a while ago, and its just plain barking mad.<br><br>We have the Church of England (not sure what ahppened to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland BTW), the head of which is the Queen - instead of the Pope, and likewise reports directly to God (equally barking mad).<br><br>So how can you have someone practising satanism vowing to protect the Queen, who is the representative of God, for the UK on earth?<br><br>I guess since its all equally mad then its OK! <p></p><i></i>
Darklo

Postby antiaristo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:46 pm

It matches the Courts.<br><br>In Scotland they have the Church of Scotland. When Anne wanted to re-marry she simply did so in the Church of Scotland.<br><br>Wales is part of the Church of England. Dr Rowan Williams is Welsh.<br><br>Ireland has the Church of Ireland. Ireland has never been part of Great Britain, but it has been part of the United Kingdom for over two hundred years.<br><br>In fact, the difference between the United Kingdom and Great Britain IS Northern Ireland. That is why they will NEVER let it go. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby Darklo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Never let it go?<br><br>I had the impression that the UK was being swallowed up into an EU superstate.<br><br>- introduce single currency<br>- support mass immigration of different cultures to weaken UK nationalism (the only stopping block to full EU integration)<br>- introduce cross EU cultural phenomena like the EU lottery<br>- harmonise industry standards<br>- harmonise legal systems<br>- introduce regional assemblies<br>- introduce regional police forces<br>- introduce eu police force for the regions to report to<br>- re-organise MEP voting boundaries to miminc regional assembly boundaries<br>- streamline "democratic process" to ensure regional goverment reports to brussels.<br>- begin process of EU pwers negotiating as one on the internernational stage (as in Iran, G8, WTO etc.)<br><br>Hey, its a long game, but its all there and I dont think "they" could give a hoot for the definitions of Northern Ireland, Britain or the UK.<br><br>And Im not convinced that the UK monarchy are behind all this as they stand to loose influence. There is no way Queeny could control 25+ member states with daft laws of treason. <p></p><i></i>
Darklo

Postby antiaristo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:15 pm

As you wish. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Return to Religion and the Occult