I Do NOT Understand the Catholic Church

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I Do NOT Understand the Catholic Church

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:14 pm

Why do they keep protecting the pedophile priests and not the children? Is there a purpose to this?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://villagevoice.com/news/0606,lombardi,72095,6.html">villagevoice.com/news/060...095,6.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Outing Cardinal Egan<br>A priest's lawsuit alleges the Catholic Church is hiding pedophile clergy—and offers a stunning reason why<br>by Kristen Lombardi<br>February 7th, 2006 11:40        <br><br><br><br>Father Bob Hoatson Says Closeted Catholic Leaders Can't Protect Abuse Victims—And He's Naming Names<br>by Kristen Lombardi<br><br><br>Mondo Washington by James Ridgeway<br><br>Who knows whether Cardinal Edward Egan is sleeping soundly these days. But as head of the New York archdiocese—as the top Roman Catholic prelate in the state—he'd have every reason to be restless after the recent advent of a little-noticed lawsuit.<br><br>The suit, now pending in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, was filed on December 13 by Bob Hoatson—a 53-year-old New Jersey priest considered a stalwart ally among survivors of sexual abuse by clergy. Hoatson, the now-suspended chaplain for Catholic Charities in Newark, is suing Egan and nine other Catholic officials and institutions, claiming a pattern of "retaliation and harassment" that began after Hoatson alleged a cover-up of clergy abuse in New York and started helping victims.<br><br>But that's not all his lawsuit claims. Halfway through the 44-page complaint, the priest-turned-advocate drops a bomb on the cardinal: He alleges that Egan is "actively homosexual," and that he has "personal knowledge of this." His suit names two other top Catholic clerics in the region as actively gay—Albany bishop Howard Hubbard and Newark archbishop John Myers.<br><br>It's not that Hoatson has a problem with, as the suit puts it, "consensual, adult private sexual behavior by these defendants."<br><br>No, what Hoatson claims is that, as leaders of a church requiring celibacy and condemning homosexuality, actively gay bishops are too afraid of being exposed themselves to turn in pedophile priests. The bishops' closeted homosexuality, as the lawsuit states, "has compromised defendants' ability to supervise and control predators, and has served as a reason for the retaliation."<br><br>Hoatson realizes what he's up against. "I stopped and I thought long and hard about these allegations," he says. "It's time the church confronts this dysfunction. I couldn't do this outside of filing a lawsuit. The only thing the church responds to is negative publicity or a lawsuit. If I kept trying to do this within the system, I would be gone."<br><br>The case hinges on several statutory and legal claims. It argues that Egan and the other bishops retaliated against Hoatson for being a whistle-blower, that they intended to harm him and his career, and that they engaged in a conspiracy to do so.<br><br>Joseph Zwilling, Egan's spokesperson, denies the allegations, saying, "There is no truth to any of the statements he has made concerning Cardinal Egan." His counterpart in the Newark archdiocese, James Goodness, calls the charges "patently untrue." Goodness has released a four-page statement painting Hoatson, an archdiocesan priest in good standing until he was placed on administrative leave, as "a troubled individual" who bagged his parish duties to minister to victims. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 2/7/06 8:19 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

you're not the only one

Postby mother » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:38 am

Briefly, the Church has been sytematically infiltrated by satanists, as many very holy saints in the Church and Sacred Scripture have warned repeatedly through the centuries. As a huge global institution, with massive infrastructures nearly everywhere for about 2000 years, some might say it's the ultimate prize in the race for globalisation, for a one world government. With all that huge organisation in place and by finally electing a mason as pope, all the holiest traditions and so forth stripped away we have the sickening tragedy of good and sound candidates for the priesthood being kept out of the Novus Ordo (which I believe to be the antiChurch) seminaries. PaulVI fired a lot of good men and replaced them with corrupt, morally bankrupt or outright satanists. If you read Malachi Martin's novel, Windswept House you can get an idea of it. He called it a "faction" in the manner of Norman Mailer. We read the word sheeple a lot here at RI, and this term is perfect for what those of us (and thankfully we are well organised and many) who try to reason with Novus Ordo Catholics. If you study Catholic theology, or the work of the Doctors of the Church, there is no doubt at all that what the mainstream percieves to be Catholic is not Catholic. So, many people have been destroyed in the series of anti-popes for as long as many can remember. The creatures who dress up as priests and bishops and who destroy the souls of children in the name of the Church are evil beyond belief. While every religion has had its share of bad people doing bad things, i think it's agreed that never has anything been as horrible as the past 40 years. (that is, for the Catholics who aren't sheeple) To be fair, the public schools are full of child molesters, but they don't get as much time in the news as the so-called Catholics. The Alta Vendita by John Vennari can shed more light on this horrible situation. Also, the Apacalypse or Book of Revelation is very clear on this. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: you're not the only one

Postby sceneshifter » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:52 am

it's funny, but it popped into my head yesterday out of nowhere:<br><br>the reason for the pedophile cases in the church is that it is a mask - what greater mask for evil than evil? - the much greater evil can hide behind an evil which is quite terrible enough for most people - while people are wrapped up in fighting pedophily in the church, the real baddies are out of the public eye <p></p><i></i>
sceneshifter

Re: you're not the only one

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Joseph Zwilling, Egan's spokesperson, denies the allegations, saying, "There is no truth to any of the statements he has made concerning Cardinal Egan." His counterpart in the Newark archdiocese, James Goodness, calls the charges "patently untrue." <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Goodness has released a four-page statement painting Hoatson, an archdiocesan priest in good standing until he was placed on administrative leave, as "a troubled individual" who bagged his parish duties to minister to victims</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>WOW! Hoatson neglected his church duties in order to "minister to victims" of sexual abuse by their priests, or pedophilia perpetuated by the church's actions to protect its priests/perpetrators. Sorry, but that statement is nothing short of obscene.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

and he is not the only one by far

Postby mother » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:51 pm

For example, James Haley formerly of the Arlinton, VA diocese has been suspended from priestly duties because he made a deposition which detailed serious corruption of some other priests. This about 4 years ago. Recently Haley wrote that he has lost his faith due to the injustice he has suffered. There are a number of unsolved murder cases in which a priest tried to protect his "flock" from liturgical abuse(which has almost point-by-point coincided with sexual abuse or serious embezzlement) Also, if one really wants to sta in the priesthood after being sexually harrassed by some old predator and not being cool with that, the chancery will send one for some serious attitude adjustment at a psyche facility. Haley wouldn't go, so now he lives in a trailer somewhere feeling abandoned and bitter. I feel less sympathetic for him, because he continues to complain about being poor, when he'd be welcome at a Society of St. PiusX seminary and could become a traditional Catholic away from all that he claims to despise. Many books have been written about this horrible situation, but then you have to discern those who genuinely love the Church from those who are profiting from the misery caused by these satanists and furthering their own agenda. Sceneshifter, the situation could very well be as you think. The funeral of John Paul II, who came to pay their respects was interesting to me. It is true that the antichurch will kick you out if you are a traditional Catholic, but shield and promote(as in "cardinal" Law of Boston) if you are involved in paedophilia. Obscene is a understatement. It's radical evil. <p></p><i></i>
mother

Re: and he is not the only one by far

Postby antiaristo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:23 pm

What I found most amusing was the behaviour of the Vatican while JPII was on his deathbed.<br><br>The message sent to the faithful, that is ordinary lay Catholics, was "Don't worry your little heads. Leave it all to us." At the same time hordes of members of the Jewish faith were invited to Rome to discuss "Future relations between the Church and Judaism." They were guaranteed that the "good relations" between the Church and Judaism would be maintained irrespective of who succeeded JPII.<br><br>JPII was without doubt a Freemason. His papers are archived near Godalming, Surrey in England - in very safe keeping.<br><br>That man was the worst traitor in the history of the Catholic Church. He did more damege to ordinary lay Catholics than all the Popes before him. He presided over an institution falling to pieces, with its reputation in the gutter because of child abuse. Yet he received a wholly positive press throughout his pontificate.<br><br>Does THAT answer your question, chig? <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

strange , innit ;-)

Postby slimmouse » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm

<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>JPII was without doubt a Freemason<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> all those who achieve positions of power who aint FM, or those who oppose the agenda end up dead - JFK, Pope JP1, Princess Diana, to name but a few of histories more recently notable "accidented/lone gunmanned/ natural causes'ed"<br><br> And just a small anectdote which amused the shit outta me.<br><br> I was watching a "greatest hoaxes in history" programme the other week, introduced by Danny Wallace, who's something of a fascinating study in himself.<br> <br> However, my point. I eagerly awaited his award of "Worlds greatest hoaxers", to discover that the winners were "Doug and Dave" of the crop circles fame. <br>-For Anyone who doesnt know, these were the guys who apparently were responsible for seemingly ALL the crop circles that appeared in the English countryside, through the 80s and 90s.<br><br> Anyways , I sit there, listening intently to this guy saying exactly how they did it ( cant remember which one it was, Doug or Dave - the others dead).<br><br> At the end of the programme , Danny Wallace awards him with "Histories greatest hoaxers" award and goes to shake the mans hand - <cough splutter><br><br> Helps to recognise that strange handshake when ya see it lol.<br><br> Which does of course beg the question, of WTF a shriner is doing wandering up and down the English countryside of an evening tramping crop circles. I guess it beats satanically abusing folks, but really. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

fremasons power chart

Postby dbeach » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:16 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.progressiveindependent.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=107&topic_id=60">www.progressiveindependen...opic_id=60</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>black magicians rule this planet..the secret cults murderd JFK BK MLK JFK jr<br><br>poppy o climbed the ladder by his loyalty to them and his treachery to the rest of us..<br><br>he has been well rewarded..<br><br>NO COINCIDENCES in Life! <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Return to Religion and the Occult