The Triquetra Inversed – The ultimate symbol of satanic oppo

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Triquetra Inversed – The ultimate symbol of satanic oppo

Postby ivanbo2003 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:01 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.red-ice.net/specialreports/2006/02feb/triquetra.html">www.red-ice.net/specialre...uetra.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It is interesting that the choice of recognized symbol of greatest contrariety to the Christian faith, that of Satanists, is almost universally seen as the inverted cross; the upturned symbol of the Saviour’s crucifixion. The Church of Satan, Anton LaVey’s organization, actually prefers the inverted pentagram with the superimposed image of the face of Eliphas Levi’s Baphomet, which represents the more primal aspects of Man rather than any reference to the mythical Palestinian Deity. One only has to look at Leonardo Da Vinci’s Study of Proportions (Vitruvian Man) to see this imagery.<br><br>Taking the inverted Crucifix, a bastardized version of the Ankh - again the symbol of Man, made popular by Hammer movies and by Hollywood in films such as The Exorcist and Rosemary’s Baby, as the basis for opposition to the Divine is surely restrictive in its potential. After all, what does the crucifix symbolize? It represents the self-sacrifice of the Son of God in mortal form to save Man from his sins; to wash away Original Sin in order that Man can one day enter Heaven. So what would be the counter-point of this? In some ways, the inversion of the crucifix is little more than a flippant comment that Christ’s sacrifice was a waste of time, and that this symbol historically was most often used by Catholic Priests to show their secret heretical dislike for the Church – not as a sign of syzygy to the Messiah’s means of death per se.<br><br>How then can we symbolize, satisfactorily, a total opposition to the belief that ultimately there is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, the Divine Trinity? What symbol could best represent absolute contraposition to this belief? Strangely, the occult symbol that suits these parameters most closely is the well known Triquetra, in all of its varied forms, as this since Culdee times has represented the Divine Trinity.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
ivanbo2003

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Triquetra Inversed – The ultimate symbol of satanic

Postby ivanbo2003 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey proffesor pan,nice article at <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.red-ice.net/specialreports/2005/10oct/UFOmanifestations.html">www.red-ice.net/specialre...tions.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br>I've just spotted it. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ivanbo2003>ivanbo2003</A> at: 2/9/06 11:18 am<br></i>
ivanbo2003

Re: The Triquetra Inversed – The ultimate symbol of satanic

Postby professorpan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:05 pm

Thanks, ivanbo -- didn't know it had been posted there. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Return to Religion and the Occult