Robertson says its the end of the world as we know it

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Robertson says its the end of the world as we know it

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu May 18, 2006 10:20 pm

and he feels fine.<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"In another in a series of notable pronouncements, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year. <br><br>Robertson has made the predictions at least four times in the past two weeks on his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded. <br><br>Robertson said the revelations about this year's weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January. <br><br>"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest." <br><br>Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> -aol<br><br>I know were talking 'bout a big time bullshit artist. What's this, so he can wag his finger and say "I told you so!"<br>Personally, I have no use for the guy. This has got to be one of those meme things they just throw out there for us to chew on...<br><br>Your thoughts please...<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Robertson says its the end of the world as we know it

Postby chiggerbit » Thu May 18, 2006 10:46 pm

Hey, give the guy some credit, please. It is apparent that he has started to follow the global warming news, just wants to lift his leg on the issue to mark it as his own "original" territory. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Re: Robertson says its the end of the world as we know it

Postby Sepka » Thu May 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Robertson has always been a mountebank, but he at least used to have some sense of discretion, and not make 'prophecies' that could be seen to fail. Personally, I think he's probably going senile. If I'm washed away in a tsunami, I may revisit my conclusion.<br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

who is he stealing his ideas from?

Postby Mentalgongfu » Fri May 19, 2006 12:42 am

I'm pretty sure he didn't get it from God.<br><br>One sign is AOL's home page is featuring the story. <br><br>I wonder who Robertson is really listening to. <br><br>After all, Scott Stevens, Sherman Skolnick, and many others predicted the same thing months earlier than Robertson. That's gotta be another sign. <br><br>But a sign from whom?<br> <br><br>HAARPicane season is coming upon us. <p></p><i></i>
Mentalgongfu

Re: who is he stealing his ideas from?

Postby dbeach » Fri May 19, 2006 1:12 am

maybe it is god only his god is satan..<br><br>Haarp ...scalar weapons ...and other Tesla type inventions could be used to cause huge devestation..<br><br>Tesla claimed he had a weapon that could knock down NYC and this was in 1890s <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Robertson

Postby bamabecky » Fri May 19, 2006 1:52 pm

The powers that be (earthly that is) have tipped him off. Actually they may be telling him to say all of this to deflect attention away from the real culprits. The sheeple will be impressed and will think God told him.....they will suck it all up.....shower him with golden chariots.....lol<br><br>www.standeyo.com for the REAL NEWS on earthquakes <p>Be the Media! Write a personal essay to your friends and family, telling them what's going on and tell them how and where to find more info.</p><i></i>
bamabecky

Return to Religion and the Occult