Sitting on the Left Hand Side?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sitting on the Left Hand Side?

Postby sw » Fri May 26, 2006 10:21 am

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sarah

Postby sw » Fri May 26, 2006 10:26 am

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Re: Right hand,left hand...

Postby ivanbo2003 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:14 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.godglorified.com/therighthandofgod.htm">www.godglorified.com/ther...dofgod.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>It is said in a figurative way...<br><br>        <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD<br><br>©Copyright 1997 Randall D. Hughes<br><br>The term, right hand of God is an anthropomorphism. The attribution of human characteristics to non-human beings or things. We know God is ONE Spirit, John 4:24, Eph. 4:4, who is everywhere, Ps. 139:7-10, Eph. 1:23, Jer. 23:24. So thus it is impossible for God to have a right hand! At least until he manifest himself as flesh. The use of this anthropomorphism occurs 60 (i) times in Scripture. There are 39 references in the Old Testament and 21 in the New Testament. The primary thought behind these passages is it is a "Hebrew Idiom." That being a figure of speech much like, "he's my right hand man." In the Hebrew this idiom denotes power and strength. In reviewing the references this seem accurate enough for 40 of them. This would also apply to the remaining 20, although it seems the definition may need expanding.<br><br>"Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy."<br><br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Also :<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>" The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."<br><br>Jesus quotes this Psalm in Matt. 22:44, Mark 12:36, and Luke 20:42. Peter quotes it on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2:34-35. Paul alludes to it in 1 Cor. 15:25. As does the writer of Hebrews in 1:13, 2:8, and 10:12-13.<br><br>This verse is the LORD, (Yahweh, Spirit, Creator, Father) speaking prophetically to the Lord, (Adoni, Messiah, creature, Son). While the idiom does apply to these passages, this also seems to indicate a position of reigning or ruling as well as power and strength. In light of the anthropomorphism this is NOT a position in relationship to God, but a position of glorification (iii), exaltation, or deification! Notice the Psalmist said to sit <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"UNTIL!"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Indicating a time when the Son would not be in this "place."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Where can you go from the right hand? The very throne itself ! </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br> <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br>Here is an example of using "right hand and left hand" terms in OT:<br><br>3. 1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chron 18:18<br>I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and<br>all the host of heaven standing by him on<br>his right hand and on his left.<br><br>In previous verse,we are informed that around the Lord's Throne there are myriads of angels/beings giving praise to the Most High Who sits on the Throne.Only One is sitting on the Throne(seen as Father in OT and Son in NT,same Lord in eternity and in our linear time)<br><br><br><br>As for Da Vinci code...Well i thought that everyone knew by now that it is(was) a hoax,and thus explaining it over and over again would be like beating a dead horse. <p></p><i></i>
ivanbo2003

hoax

Postby sw » Fri May 26, 2006 5:52 pm

edit
Last edited by sw on Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Right and Left

Postby snowlion2 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:09 pm

For what it's worth, from Matthew 20:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>20<br>Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee approached him with her sons and did him homage, wishing to ask him for something.<br>21<br>He said to her, "What do you wish?" She answered him, "Command that these two sons of mine sit, one at your right and the other at your left, in your kingdom."<br>22<br>Jesus said in reply, "You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink?" They said to him, "We can."<br>23<br>He replied, "My cup you will indeed drink, but to sit at my right and at my left (, this) is not mine to give but is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father."<br>24<br>When the ten heard this, they became indignant at the two brothers.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=snowlion2>snowlion2</A> at: 5/26/06 4:11 pm<br></i>
snowlion2

Re: Unfortunate childhood

Postby ivanbo2003 » Fri May 26, 2006 6:47 pm

@sw<br><br>I'm very sorry to hear about your unfortunate childhood.Hearing stories like that has always made me very sad.I was never able to understand those who <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>molest</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->(and this is not strong enough term) children,especially the young ones.I can't say much to make you feel better,I can only say that you must somehow fight those bad memories and try to find the best moments from your childhood.I hope you make your way to Peace.<br><br>Best of luck,Ivan <p></p><i></i>
ivanbo2003

Peace

Postby sw » Fri May 26, 2006 7:18 pm

edit
sw

Return to Religion and the Occult