Interesting post on Dominionism as an abusive cult

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Interesting post on Dominionism as an abusive cult

Postby E Unum Pluribus » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:59 am

Read this post over at Daily Kos:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/10/12/105122/66">www.dailykos.com/storyonl.../105122/66</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>The part that perked up my Rigorous Intution radar (heh) and caused me to run over here and post this was the following point (read the whole thing for context):<br><br>"i) Taught people could literally be hexed into conversion by essentially cursing these people in the name of Christ to be miserable and even suicidal unless they converted"<br><br>Let's see... in Dominionism we have:<br><br>- Child abuse, including ritualized child abuse<br>- Cult brainwashing techniques<br>- Connections to money/power hierarchies<br>- Occult "hexing" attempts on outsiders (remember... it doesn't matter if you think this stuff works... they evidently do)<br><br>This is the core of the postmodern "religious right."<br><br>Now think about it. Here we have groups that do basically the same thing that people talk about in connection with "Satanic" cult activity-- except that they cover it over with Christian names and Christian rituals. Reminds me of how L. Ron Hubbard essentially repackaged a coercive black magick system as "Scientology."<br><br>Icky stuff.<br><br>Jeff: I'd love to see your wonderful parapolitical mind focus a bit more on the connection between this sort of pseudo-Christian "dominionist" stuff and the larger parapolitical universe. I think it's a truth that has to be explored, especially given the connection that these guys have to putting the Busheviks into power.<br> <p></p><i></i>
E Unum Pluribus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Religion and the Occult