DSM rant/Slate redefining elitist journalism

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

DSM rant/Slate redefining elitist journalism

Postby thrulookingglass » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:00 pm

"What would you expect from a pig, but a grunt"--I won't mince words, I hate Slate and its haughty, self-complimentary journalism. And what should I expect from Christopher Hitchens but more of the same. Btw, for those of you keeping score, he's part of The Daily Show's efforts to shift America further to the right (as if that were possible). Anyhow, here's a link to the article...<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://slate.msn.com/id/2121212/">slate.msn.com/id/2121212/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Many of us have pointed out that evidence of American and British intelligence agencies "fixing/sexing up" intelligence to provide an erroneous charge to war with Iraq. Once again, it seems no matter how much light we try to focus on a corrupt, illegitimate, and devious government, there is always a shadow for them to hide in. I tell you, I'm just glad to see the DSM in the news still. Wait 'til it becomes yesterday's news! Then try and convince people of W's/Blair's heinous international crime. Getting back to the article, however, I guess I do have to express a modicum of respect for Chris Hitchens. He did write a decent book on Che. His mention of what many now have come to know as "The October Surprise" where Reagan arranged for the release of the Iranian hostages drove me further towards insanity. I know he didn't have Google back then, but the evidence of that conspiracy has been piling up for years. Why are journalists so afraid of the "conspiracy" stigmatism?! And don't give me that credibility shit! To the journalists I would say "either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."<br> <p></p><i></i>
thrulookingglass

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq