Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: tiger by the tail

Postby Sweejak » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:32 pm

Gutsy indeed!<br> <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: it keeps growing and growing and growing

Postby toscaveritas » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:00 am

Two polls...Vote for Cindy Please...Forward everywhere <br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050818095409990040">aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050818095409990040</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://billoreilly.com/">billoreilly.com/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>keep up the excellent work- the rest of the world is counting on Cindy and people like us! <p></p><i></i>
toscaveritas

get well soon!

Postby AnnaLivia » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:23 am

tosca, i went and voted at the aol site (will get to o'really in a sec), and Cindy is running behind. and...oh, no! this was there:<br><br>Late Thursday afternoon, Cindy Sheehan announced she'd be leaving her protest near President Bush's Texas ranch because her mother suffered a stroke. <p></p><i></i>
AnnaLivia

Re: get well soon!

Postby Sweejak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:27 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Late Thursday afternoon, Cindy Sheehan announced she'd be leaving her protest near President Bush's Texas ranch because her mother suffered a stroke.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Don't even ask what I think.<br><br>Weekend is coming I may head up again.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Re: it keeps growing and growing and growing

Postby heath7 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:26 pm

Can anybody verify for me? I was on the AOL poll earlier this morning, and would swear that the two polls were the opposite result that they are now, with roughly the same percentages. I specifically remember wondering why 45% of people would not support Cindy. Since then about thirty thousand votes have been added to each poll, which would make the complete percentage turnaround impossible, even if all of the last thirty thousand votes were against Sheehan (There are currently under 300,000 votes cast for each poll. Its really no big deal I guess, but the idea that they would alter this insignificant poll to further disparage this grieving mother's cause is like another cold slap to the face to wake up. Its still so hard to come to terms that 'they' would rather train us to distrust this mother than recognize our president as a liar and a failure. <br><br>And where the hell <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>are</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> the opposition democrats?!?! <br><br>This whole Sheehan drama has been very uplifting, but it has also illustrated further the complicity of the MSM and the supposed opposition party. The MSM are forced to cover Sheehan's antiwar efforts, so they patronize her. As for the democrats, has anybody heard Hillary Clinton, or John Kerry, or Joe Biden, or even Howard Dean make Cindy an issue. Cindy is obviously Bush's weakspot yet the supposedly liberal media and the supposedly liberal democratic leadership won't touch her with a ten-foot-pole. <p></p><i></i>
heath7

The Democrats

Postby Peachtree Pam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:39 pm

Heath7,<br><br>They are ALL bought and paid for. They will do nothing that in anyway jeopardizes their career. They will wait to see what the PTB do to co-op Cindy (example: Trippi)<br><br>Dbeach, tell them about it. <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Re: The Democrats

Postby heath7 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:57 pm

I don't mean to imply that I'm ignorant of how things are happening. Its just that <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>knowing</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> doesn't stop it from shocking and outraging me. If this country has half a hope, something needs to be done to reclaim the democratic party, or else every national election from here on out will be an uncontested theft and whupping of true American ideals. Of course the republican party could be reclaimed as well, but it'd surely be much more difficult to cure all the dittoheads, than to show the humanists what a jack ass Al Franken is. <p></p><i></i>
heath7

Re: The Democrats

Postby Sweejak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:29 pm

I hope Democrat honchos stay the hell away, who wants to be punched out by the left hand of the same one who is currently strangling you with their right hand? <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Democratic

Postby Peachtree Pam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:31 pm

Heath7,<br><br>There is NOTHING to reclaim in the Democratic party. The courts, the executive, the Congress, the media and above all, both political parties are totally corrupted.<br><br>And, as my husband continually reminds me, this is the way IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN in the United States.<br><br>The only difference is that this is now out in the open, via the internet, and because, as John Judge says, " they have decided to take off the velvet glove and show the iron fist"...<br><br>There is absolutely no reason to vote, both candidates have been pre-selected. Most Americans have ALREADY figured this out, for others it takes a little more time..(Kerry said he would put MORE troops in Iraq.)<br><br>Howard Dean was a real and unexpected threat. Look what happened to Howard Dean: Wesley Clark was put in to divide the vote and Dean was made to look like a fool by the MSM.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Nothing to reclaim in the Democratic party

Postby Starman » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 pm

Peachtree Pam said:<br>"There is NOTHING to reclaim in the Democratic party. The courts, the executive, the Congress, the media and above all, both political parties are totally corrupted.<br><br>And, as my husband continually reminds me, this is the way IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN in the United States.<br><br>The only difference is that this is now out in the open, via the internet, and because, as John Judge says, " they have decided to take off the velvet glove and show the iron fist"...<br><br>***<br>Right-the-Hell-ON!<br><br>Fugg'em.<br>Who said, why reach out to the left hand when the right hand is choking you? (I can't check-back posts while in reply-mode). But it's truer than true.<br><br>And I concur with Heath7's observation -- knowing how corrupt and hijacked and cowardly the so-called 'opposition party' is doesn't lesson the shock and outrage of seeing their self-centered betrayal of their base.<br><br>The vote has become a tragic farce.<br><br>I think there's FAR more potential in resurrecting one of this nation's past political parties, perhaps the Whigs or the working-stiff's Wobblies -- featuring a return to core Constitutional principles, small government, fiscal responsibility, vibrant communities, renouncing Imperialist Militantism, fostering a global community based on equality, egalitariansim, peace, cooperation, human rights and social justice, a strong and dynamic World Parliament to address issues of International agreements, common defense, fair-trade, environmental stewardship, etc.<br><br>We're talking about a multi-generational struggle here at the very least, but we gotta have an acheivable vision to inspire hope and activism and sacrifice to bring about progressive reform -- If we wait for our 'leaders' (HA!) it'll NEVER happen -- 'When the People Lead, the Leaders will Follow' has got to be a rallying cry -- or at least a basic principle.<br><br>I think, or at least suspect, a lot of folks in Congress are being blackmailed -- perhaps that's one of the consequences of MK-Ultra programs of Presidential Model/pedophilia entrapment -- feed a politico a sexual-stimulant/aphrodesiac with hypnotic conditioning overcoming their inhibitions and so they're subject to taboo enticements, fully photographically documented (which begs the question of how one could photograph a crime-in-progress like this without stopping it -- aka 'complicity' -- but that's another point) and you'd have a powerful hold on this person to essentially control their impulses re: whistleblowing or voting their conscience instead of for the status-quo elite party-line.<br>QED: Sweet, in a sick-way, eh?<br>Y'KNOW they're not above it.<br><br>There's been quite a bit of info and testimony suggesting the Washington DC prostitution rings were being used to compromise and blackmail Members of Congress -- and so why not the courts and other Federal, State offices too? In for a pound ...<br><br>The implications are so appalling I don't know what else to say ...<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Nothing to reclaim in the Democratic party

Postby Anonymous » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:10 pm

Starman wrote:<br><br>"There's been quite a bit of info and testimony suggesting the Washington DC prostitution rings were being used to compromise and blackmail Members of Congress -- and so why not the courts and other Federal, State offices too? In for a pound"<br><br>Why not check with Hunter S. Thom...oh, that's right. <p></p><i></i>
Anonymous

Re: Nothing to reclaim in the Democratic party

Postby normanmiller » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 pm

The only real solution is to be an Independent and vote your heart and mind. I believe your assessment that both parties are corrupt is correct. They always have been. Personally, I believe our political parties are actually less corrupt than what they were in the past. Primarily due to the media and the Internet and the ability to share information quickly and effortlessly. I vote for Republicans, Democrats and others. I listen to what they have to say and if they are logical and coherent and can make a point that is grounded in fact and not emotion, I will be more inclined to vote for them. <p></p><i></i>
normanmiller

Re: Nothing to reclaim in the Democratic party

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:32 pm

Less corrupt, norman? I would say that the Republican party is about where the Teamsters were a couple of decades ago. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

If it's too pervasive, it isn't corruption?

Postby robertdreed » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:05 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Personally, I believe our political parties are actually less corrupt than what they were in the past.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>If one is simply looking for simple Tammany Hall type bribery corruption, that's arguably true in many regions of the country- although not for all of them.<br><br> But corruption these days has less to do with bribery than with having the wherewithal to play the game in the first place. <br><br>From the 2000 election:<br><br>66 Corporations that Have Contributed At Least $50,000 to Both Bush and Gore: <br><br>AT&T <br>Philip Morris <br>Amer Financial Group <br>Microsoft <br>Atlantic Richfield Co. <br>SBC Communications <br>Enron <br>Mirage Resorts <br>Federal Express <br>Citigroup <br>Amer Airlines <br>Bell Atlantic <br>Anheuser-Busch Limited Inc. <br>Pfizer <br>Rite Aid <br>Schering-Plough <br>BellSouth <br>Joseph E. Seagram & Sons <br>Bristol-Myers Squibb <br>Union Pacific <br>Blue Cross & Blue Shield <br>MBNA Corp <br>America Online <br>Amer Intl Group <br>MCI Worldcom <br>Ernst & Young <br>Circus Circus Enterprises <br>Sprint <br>AFLAC <br>Time Warner <br>Boeing <br>Prudential Insurance <br>Ocean Spray Cranberries <br>Paine Webber <br>MGM Grand <br>Archer Daniels Midland <br>Walt Disney <br>Coca-Cola <br>Flo-Sun Sugar Co. <br>Lockheed Martin <br>Intl. Game Technology <br>United Airlines <br>Oracle <br>Exxon Mobil <br>United Technologies <br>US West <br>Pacific Gas & Electric <br>Upjohn <br>Owens Corning <br>Chevron <br>Park Place <br>Entertainment <br>Bacardi Martini USA <br>Boston Capital Partners <br>Eli Lilly & Co. <br>Georgia-Pacific <br>Amer Home Products <br>Amer Express <br>Bechtel Group <br>Loews Corp <br>Sunoco <br>General Electric <br>Northern Telecom <br>General Dynamics <br>New York Life Insurance <br>United HealthCare <br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.wanderbody.com/billionairesforbushorgore/analysis/66corps.html">www.wanderbody.com/billio...corps.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/19/05 6:06 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

Tragedy and Hope

Postby robertdreed » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:25 pm

Even more insidious than financial corruption is the elite selection process that guarantees that both the Democratic and Republican parties will have the pool of candidates for top leadership positions staffed more or less exclusively (with some token exceptions) by people reflectiing the narrow interests and common philosophy of the Anglo-American Globalist elite. <br><br>Not too many years ago, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Houston Post</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> reporter Pete Brewton got fired for writing a book entitled <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Mafia, The CIA, and George Bush</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. In the preface he notes that if the Dukakis-Bentsen ticket had won, with a few quite minor changes of emphasis he could have published the book as entitled <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Mafia, the CIA, and Lloyd Bentsen</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. Because Bush and Bentsen represented the same interests, with many of the same connections to the oil and gas, financial, and development institutions of Texas and Lousisiana- part of the same Old Boys Club. <br><br>It gets deeper when one realizes that the head of the Democratic National Committee for many years, fellow Texan insider Robert Strauss, was thick as thieves with both men. <br><br>Bring in the Ultimate Insider Protege, William Jefferson Clinton, and you've got yurself quite the instructive example of modern American politics. <br><br>Clinton is the Republican Party "Red State loyalist" favorite scapegoat. It's a role that Clinton relishes, knowing full well that on every matter of importance, particularly in foreign policy, he's on the same page as the Bush dynasty. <br><br>Someone find me direct pointed criticism of Clinton by any Bush, or vice versa. You may find a few tepid remarks that could be interpreted that way (mostly vague jibes from Bush, who after all holds the markers.) But the idea that they represent the poles of American political discourse is laughable. These men aren't arch-enemies, they're collaborators. Clinton simply has to tailor his appeal differently, in order to "reach"- that is, fool- the traditional pool of Democratic voters and liberal-leaning independents. (And then the Bush crowd fools their loyal supporters with all that "100% America First" nonsense, knowing full well what they're actually doing to the sovereign status, natural resources, and financial solvency of this country.)<br><br>In one of his first official acts in office, Bill Clinton squashed the impending Banco Lavoro Nazionale investigation looking into the Bush administrations' arming of Saddam Hussein's Iraq. As for investigating the Bush-Casey-North Enterprise's Contra-era protected smuggling of the vast majority of the cocaine supplied into the country at that time- Clinton couldn't investigate that, he played host to one of the Contra-allied smuggling pipelines when he was governor of Arkansas! <br><br>If- and I say IF- 9-11 was orchestrated from within by "luminaries" presently comprising the top ranks of the Bush foreign policy circle, I'd say that it's a near-certainty that Clinton was involved in consciously doing part of the prep work for the big project to come, during his term. I know the Student Council types over at Democratic Underground tend to put their fingers in their ears when they hear such talk. It is not a pretty thing tosay, and it indicates that the task of taking the county back is a lot more difficult than many in the anti-Bush movement think. But one has to follow where the evidence leads.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/19/05 7:16 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

PreviousNext

Return to Iraq