Sheehan to Be Arrested Thursday National Security Threat

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Sheehan to Be Arrested Thursday National Security Threat

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/8/8/124941/6758" target="top">www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/8/8/124941/6758</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>snip - Cindy Sheehan phoned me from Texas a few minutes ago to say that she's been informed that beginning Thursday, she and her companions will be considered a threat to national security and will be arrested. Coincidentally, Thursday is the day that Rice and Rumsfeld visit the ranch, and Friday is a fundraiser event for the haves and the have mores. Cindy said that she and others plan to be arrested.<br><br>http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4286574<br><br>PLEASE REPOST <br><br>Cindy Sheehan: "The Secret Service is Trying to Intimidate Us"<br>http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1991123&mesg_id=1991123<br><br>http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=1685852&mesg_id=1685852<br>http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4275154&mesg_id=4275154<br>http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4285991&mesg_id=4285991 <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seemslikeadream@rigorousintuition>seemslikeadream</A> at: 8/8/05 12:21 pm<br></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Sheehan identified as 'National Security Threat' ...

Postby Starman » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:49 pm

-- As the Orwellian hypocrisy-nightmare continues.<br><br>Thanks for the Heads-Up on this, SeemsLikeADream;<br><br>WhatheFU?<br>HOW is Sheehan POSSIBLY a 'security threat'?<br>OH, because she is embarrassing the Bush White House by asking difficult questions Bush can't answer, and showing the Feds as the lying, corrupt goose-stepping fascists they really are. It's "bad for the image", obviously.<br><br>The following recent Daily Kos story shows why the National Security State is apparently planning to take the hard-line action by arresting Sheehan -- because her inspired resistance is getting too much of the wrong-kind of Press attention, as she and others involved in the Peace Movement have attempted to march to the President's (sic) 'Ranch' in a demonstration featuring Free Speech and Public Gathering to Petition the Gov. for Redress of Grievances. <br><br>It's acutely embarrassing to note to what extent the President(sic) is unwilling to meet with and talk with Sheehan and other War critics, and essentially has set the SS and other Federal Police goons loose to harrass, intimidate, and run interference for an irresponsible, unaccountable Government. As the following article details, the SS's actions have been absolutely disgusting -- HOW can people become such traitors to their nation and its core principles, induced with a sense of their self-importance and career status and a salary to protect a rotton, corrupt corporate-military-criminal empire? <br><br>One of the biggest scams going has got to be the propaganda/mind-control that creates legions of True Believer Palace Guards who are just 'doing their jobs' without question -- a small variation from creating a pliant military heirarchy that exploits human psychological weaknesses and vulnerabilities and needs while destroying the ability for independant critical thought.<br>Starman<br>****<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/8/7/3192/29840">dailykos.com/storyonly/20...3192/29840</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Today in Crawford, TX with Cindy Sheehan UPDATED w/pics <br>by TXsharon <br>Sun Aug 7th, 2005 at 00:19:02 PDT<br>"Today is the beginning of the end of the occupation of Iraq"<br><br>We arrived at the Crawford Peace House in Crawford, Texas today at about 11:15 am. Shortly after that, a busload of Veterans for Peace and Cindy arrived. Cindy immediately gave an interview to several members of the media.<br><br>TXsharon's diary: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://txsharon.dailykos.com/">txsharon.dailykos.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>After she talked with the local sheriff who assured us that he would work with us if we worked with him, we loaded up in individual cars and the bus from Dallas and headed toward the ranch. We stopped and parked at a fork in the road that had a large triangular patch of grass where we could park. <br><br>A large group of media again interviewed Cindy then we started our march toward the ranch. The sheriff told us that he would take us two miles from the ranch entrance. As we walked down the paved county road, the sheriff's men started yelling, "No feet on the pavement!" We were supposed to stay in the bar ditch which had a sharp incline, was overgrown with weeds and full of fire ants while the sheriff and his men walked in the road. One of the veterans said, "That's alright. We've been ditched before." Where is it illegal to walk in the road--a public road paid for with tax dollars? It was almost impossible to walk in the ditch so gradually we ventured out into the road. That is when the sheriff stopped us saying that we had not followed his orders so he would take us no further. <br><br>We crowded into the bar ditches on either side of the road while the SS sped past us first one way then turning around to speed past us again. There were vans, suburbans and cars full of SS. I have never seen so many police, sheriff's deputies, and SS in my entire life! <br><br>At that point, Cindy gave another interview. The media headquartered in the local public school and there were almost as many media representatives as protesters. Someone said that there were about 200 protesters at the peak. While Cindy talked to the media, I visited with a member of the White House press corp. and a local rancher. The rancher was quite sympathetic and completely agreed with us but he was not comfortable providing any support for Cindy. He said that homeland security could determine that he was a threat, declare eminent domain, and seize his land. <br><br>The heat was brutal so it was not long before the crown dwindled. The SS, in a show of concern (cough, cough...), suggested that it was too hot to stay there. We reminded them that our children were in Iraq where it is currently 130 deg. They nodded and shut up!<br><br>Several people left to use the restroom and get water. They never returned. Anyone who went back to their car was forbidden to return. That meant no one could bring us food or water. After much discussion, we decided to return to the triangular parking area because there was more room and a little shade and supplies.<br><br>I had talked to Cindy on Friday so I knew she was planning to camp out but she did not have any camping gear so I took her my gear. We sat the tent up in the middle of the triangle and decorated it with signs. That is when we got the first warning from the SS about people driving fast and the danger of a car or truck hitting us. They took many pictures of us and even asked me to stand by my tent so they could take my picture with the tent. I am sure they got all the license numbers off the cars. The sheriff told us that the county owned the triangular space and we could not put the tent there for safety reasons. We could, however, put it in the bar ditch. Ditched again, we move it to the bar ditch.<br><br>The entire time SS cars were flying by every few minutes. Several carloads of SS parked and watched us and they would change guard after about 30 minutes. A few more agents told us that they were concerned about the local people driving fast down the road and that we should be careful. Suddenly, they were all gone. No SS or police or sheriff's deputies in sight and we were all alone.<br><br>Like something out of a movie, a caravan of suburbans, vans, and cars swooped upon us and with synchronized precision, SS agents got out of the vehicles and surrounded us. It was eerie, frightening, and thrilling! Two men who appeared quite important walked up to Cindy. Stephen Hadley, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs played good cop and sat on the pavement looking up at Cindy. Joseph W. Hagin, Deputy Chief of Staff was the bad cop so he sat in one of the chairs we had brought. They went through the same old trite bullshit party line spiel we have all heard a million times! The only problem is that Cindy is fully informed, intelligent, quick-witted, calm and focused, and disarming in her honesty and directness. Effortlessly, she made them look as foolish as they are! <br><br>Hadley reminded her that the Iraqis could now vote. She showed him Casey's pictures, told him that she had give birth to him after carrying him for nine months. That she had nursed him for over a year. She said a few more things about Casey then asked Hadley if he thought she had gone through all that so Iraqis could vote. She cried just a little and everyone was quite touched. We applauded for her several times during their meeting. <br><br>After about the tenth warning that we were in a dangerous position and they were concerned a car might hit us, I asked one agent if he was warning us or threatening us because we had received the same warning so many times that it was beginning to sound like a threat. I told him that we had been there for a while and the only people driving fast were the SS people--the locals slowed down when they came by. He assured me he was not making a threat but was only concerned. I told him that if a car hit anyone, he should be sure it was not one of his people or someone sent by him because that would look very bad for the president. The top SS agent drove up shortly to again tell us to be careful. Hillary, a protester with Code Pink, asked him point-blank if he was saying that there would be an accident if we stayed there. He assured us that was not the case. I left at about 8:00 PM and none of the agents said anything about anybody being killed.<br><br>Being objective here: We were situated on a curve and could not easily be seen but it was the only place left to us. Warning us of that danger was not unreasonable. I do not think the SS was actually threatening us. They were following a pattern of intimidation: not letting us walk on the pavement, telling us we could go no further and making us move the tent, etc. Several times, they drove by while we were walking and came within several inches of someone and they were driving rather fast but I never felt I was in any danger from them. I was pissed that they was trying to intimidate us and so were the others but, when I left, no one was feeling that they were in "eminent danger." While the SS agent did warn us of the possibility of danger, it was not really a "warning" from the SS.<br><br>When I left, there was one very nice man, a Vietnam veteran, from Lubbock, Texas, Cindy, Dede who is Cindy's sister and a couple of women from Code Pink who were planning to spend the night.<br>. . .<br>UPDATE: Priceless quote by Cindy. She was telling Hadley and Hagin about Bu$h meeting with her and several other families who had lost loved ones. His behavior was horribly inappropriate! Among many other things, Bu$h would not look at Casey's pictures, would not call him by his name and called her "Mom." She said, "If I were his mom, he would behave a lot better!"<br> <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re:Iconoclast to Be Posting Cindy Sheehan Updates

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:07 pm

Thank you Starman<br><br>Did you see the smiley bombs I posted for you the other day?<br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/default.htm" target="top">www.iconoclast-texas.com/default.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br>Iconoclast To Be Posting<br>Cindy Sheehan Updates<br><br>CRAWFORD — The Lone Star Iconoclast, by popular demand, has begun filing frequent updates on its website, www.iconoclast-texas.com, regarding the vigil taking place near Crawford. The banner leading to the updates is called “Cindy Watch.”<br>Cindy Sheehan on Saturday made a journey to Crawford to discuss face-to-face with President George W. Bush the death of her son in Iraq last year.<br>The Iconoclast was there when marchers made a trek toward the Bush ranch and the newspaper reported on its website a play-by-play of what happened.<br>Normally, The Iconoclast updates its website weekly, to correspond with the weekly publication of its print edition.<br>“We felt that in this case it was warranted to provide more frequent updates,” said publisher W. Leon Smith.<br>He noted that associate editor Nathan Diebenow was in the field on Saturday, but that Sunday was mainly spent preparing the print edition for publication to meet established deadlines and making adjustments on the website to better accomodate the update section.<br>“Please remember that we have a very small staff,” said Smith, “but we are willing to do what we can to get the news of Ms. Sheehan’s quest published online as early and as frequently as we can, as news happens.”<br><br>President Bush Ditches Mother Of Slain Soldier<br><br>By Nathan Diebenow<br>Associate Editor<br><br>CRAWFORD — The mother of a U.S. soldier slain in Iraq was denied a face-to-face meeting with President Bush here Saturday after she walked through a ditch-like path in the August heat to the President’s Prairie Chapel Ranch. <br>“I didn’t come all this way from California to stand here in a ditch,” said Cindy Sheehan, 48, co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace, attempting to continue her trek to the ranch.<br>Even though two of the President’s aides later agreed to deliver her message to him, Sheehan said that she would remain in Crawford for the whole month, if need be, until she is granted a private audience with the commander-in-chief to ask him for what “noble cause” did her son die overseas.<br>“If he doesn’t come out to talk to me in Crawford, I’ll follow him to D.C., and I’ll camp out on his lawn,” she said, to a round of applause from her supporters. “I’ll go to prison. I don’t want to live in a country where people are treated this way.”<br>Sheehan’s actions, she said, were sparked by President Bush’s comments like those made last Wednesday in Grapevine to about 1,800 members of the American Legislative Exchange Council: “Our men and women who’ve lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan and in this war on terror have died in a noble cause and a selfless cause.”<br>“We all know by now that that’s not true, and I want to ask George Bush, ‘Why did my son die? What was the noble cause that he died for?’” said Sheehan. “I don’t want [President Bush] to use my son’s name or my family name to justify any more killing or to exploit my son’s name, my son’s sacrifice, or my son’s honor to justify more killing. As a mother, why would I want one more mother to go through what I’m going through, Iraqi or American?<br>“And I want to tell him that the only way to honor my son’s sacrifice is to bring the troops home now.”<br>Her son, Casey Sheehan, 24, of Vacaville, Calif., died in Baghdad, Iraq, on April 4, 2004, when his unit was attacked with rocket-propelled grenades and small arms fire. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 82nd Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas. <br>Bush’s comments Wednesday coincided with the deaths of 12 Marine reservists from Ohio who were killed in perhaps the deadliest roadside bombing of U.S. troops in Iraq. So far, the lives of about 1,821 Americans in uniform have been taken since the 2003 invasion. Pollsters indicate that Bush’s approval ratings are declining in relation to the rise in U.S. casualties in Iraq.<br>Sheehan, joining anti-war activists at the Crawford Peace House, arrived with a busload of veterans from the Veterans for Peace convention which was held in Irving, near Dallas, since Thursday. The total group of activists there numbered over 50 and included members of Veteran’s for Peace (VFP), Military Families Speak Out (MFSO), Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW), CodePink, and the Crawford Peace House.<br>Vietnam veteran Jim Waters, not affliated with any activist group, said that he drove overnight from Lubbock alone in support of Sheehan and the Gold Star Families for Peace because he is “very concerned” about the war in Iraq and wants to ask President Bush, “Why aren’t his daughters there?”<br>“One of the principles of leadership is you don’t ask people to do what you yourself don’t have the courage to do, and [President Bush] is asking people to fight to their deaths when he himself and most of the architects of this war never served,” said Waters, a retired Navy commander and former hospital administrator. “[President Bush] served, but he jumped over 10,000 people to get into the National Guard Champagne Unit, so he could avoid duty in Vietnam. I had to go to Vietnam, and now he’s sending them to their deaths — over 1,800 so far.<br>“I’m sick and tired of what’s happening to our country,” he continued. “To me it’s almost like the White House operation is a mob operation. These guys are scary, and they’re dangerous, in my opinion.”<br>The demonstrators gathered around one side of Sheehan as she spoke with the news media. A World War II veteran, Archie Goodwin from Naples, Fla., carrying a sign, stated away from the group that he is for peace, but “Bush isn’t.” His sign read, “Somebody lied.”<br>Sheehan was accompanied on Saturday by her sister, Dede Miller, and Amy Ranham, another mother of a slain U.S. soldier. Among her fellow supporters present were Ann Wright, a former U.S. diplomat who resigned her post in March 2003 in protest of the invasion of Iraq; Camilo Mejia, a reservist in the Florida National Guard who became a consciousness objector upon returning from service in Iraq; and Persian Gulf War Veteran Dennis Kyne, a former battlefield medic who is outspoken on the effects of depleted uranium weapons.<br>Captain Kenneth Vanek of the McLennan County Sherriff’s Department agreed to lead the caravan of anti-war demonstrators to the Bush Ranch. “As long as y’all work with us, we’ll work with y’all,” he said.<br>The situation, however, turned less friendly as the afternoon progressed.<br>At a checkpoint, the demonstrators, on orders from the peace officers, exited their vehicles about eight miles from the ranch and were told to walk in the direction of the ranch on the shoulder of the road, not the roadway itself, so as to not impede the traffic. The conditions of the shoulder made it increasingly difficult for the demonstrators to walk. Five-to-10-feet wide, the shoulder was sloped inward ditch-like to two-to-three feet in some places and lined with dry, uncut grass and damp dirt.<br>The deputies finally ordered the demonstrators to halt miles from the ranch because the group had not agreed to its side of the “bargain” by walking on the roadway. “The media is allowed on the road, so why aren’t we?” asked one of the demonstrators, to which an officer of the Sheriff’s Department replied, “Because they were following you.”<br>Sheehan, making one last attempt to push forward, said, “In the name of 1,828 soldiers that should be alive, I’m going to see the president. He killed my son.” <br>Holding signs that said, “No more blood for oil,” “Support our troops, bring them home now,” “Iraq is Arabic for Viet Nam,” and “Frodo failed. Bush has the ring,” the demonstrators then chanted, “W. killed her son. W. killed her son.” <br>This first attempt to meet the President ended up futile. Members of the group, including Sheehan, exchanged a few heated words with the Sherriff’s deputies, Secret Service agents, and Texas Department of Public Safety troopers who kept their composure through the afternoon. There were no arrests made during the demonstration.<br>Other political slogans and chants were heard, including one from Hadi Jawad of the Crawford Peace House who urged the news media keep reporting on the Downing Street memos. These documents are a series of classified, British reports made during a planning session between British and American officials over Iraq months before its invasion. The British officials note in the memos that the United States was “fixing” evidence around the administration’s policy to justify the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.<br>Sheehan, after the mainsteam media had left to file their reports, said, “This is the beginning of the end of the occupation of Iraq.” A wild round of applause followed.<br>White House spokesman Trent Duffy said in response to Sheehan’s actions that President Bush also wants the troops to return home safely but their mission must be completed in their honor. Two aides to the President, national security adviser Steve Hadley and deputy White House chief of staff Joe Hagin, later met with Sheehan to say that the president cares, but she, though appreciative, said in a message through The Iconoclast to the President, “George Bush, if you really care about me, why aren’t you meeting with me?”<br>Sheehan, an opponent of the war in Iraq since its inception, took part in a meeting with other military families and Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Seattle, Wash. This occured two months after her son was killed in Iraq. In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Sunday, she said that during her first meeting with President Bush, she felt that the President seemed more jovial than sorrowful and expressed no interest in knowing the name of her son or seeing pictures of him.<br>Sheehan intends to continue to attempt to gain an audience with President Bush. “I’m filled with hope now, too, that we might be able to turn things around,” she said, noting that additional support is on its way from throughout the country as she continues her efforts, which will include a candlelight vigil. Caravans from Louisiana and San Diego are on the way, to name a couple, she said.<br>Before her first attempt to speak to President Bush in Crawford, Sheehan met with two victims of the Hiroshima nuclear bombing, Dr. Satoru Konishi and ex-Marine Paul Ritthaler, and Ritthaler’s wife, Betty. A press conference was held at the Peace House on the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing.<br>During the day Sunday, Sheehan received numerous votes of thanks, well-wishes, and support from around the globe, said Diane Wilson, founding member of CodePink, a national anti-war group. While Sheehan was doing interviews Sunday afternoon, small groups of supporters were arriving at her campsite, dropping off supplies and and enjoying the cloudy weather on Prairie Chapel Road.<br>Wilson announced Sunday that she is starting a hunger strike in Crawford aimed at getting President Bush to talk with Cindy Sheehan, mother of a U.S. soldier slain in Iraq. According to CodePink’s website Sunday evening, three others have joined the strike: Jodie Evans, Cindy Sheehan’s sister DeeDee, and Sarah Rath. Wilson said she believes that more volunteers will follow suit around the country in the coming days.<br>Friends of Peace and Justice of Waco are in the process of mobilizing support for Sheehan’s perhaps month-long vigil. More information can be obtained at the Crawford Peace House website or by calling (254) 486-0099 after Monday.<br><br><br>www.crawfordpeacehouse.org/<br>INFO<br>Gold Star Families for Peace<br>www.gsfp.org<br>Military Families Speak Out<br>www.mfso.org<br>Veterans for Peace<br>www.veteransforpeace.org<br>CodePink<br>www.codepink4peace.org<br>Vietnam Veterans Against War<br>www.vvaw.org<br>Iraq Veterans Against the War<br>www.ivaw.net<br> <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Sheehan becoming an annoyance

Postby Peachtree Pam » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:10 pm

I watched Sheenhan on CNN's Late Edition with propagandist Wolf Blitzer and I wondered how this interview ever got on CNN. Below is a good account of what she said:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2005/08/gutsy-cindy-sheehan-on-tv-sunday.html">bobgeiger.blogspot.com/20...unday.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Re: Sheehan becoming an annoyance

Postby GDN01 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:02 pm

I have contacted Code Pink to see what they need. I live in Texas and am on a week of vacation. I am considering going to Crawford to join the protesters.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Hope you can make it

Postby Peachtree Pam » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:10 pm

GDN01,<br><br>I hope that you can go. She will need all the support she can get. I tried to find the actual CNN transcript and every other transcript was there but of course not the one with her. <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

Discrediting Sheehan

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:25 pm

I just saw an article on Drudge attacking Sheehan's credibility -- They say she praised Shrub last year just after the meeting, and wonder why her story has changed. Interesting! <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Re: Discrediting Sheehan

Postby dbeach » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:35 pm

AM CALLING MY CONGRESSMAN NOW LANGEVIN from RI , NICE GUY AND USED TO MY RANTS<br><br>BUSH IS THE NATIONAL SECURITY RISK AND THE fbi cia NEED TO STOP AND ARREST HIM BEFORE TOILET MOUTH DICKIE SAURON NUKES ANOTHER NATION.. <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

No Contact

Postby GDN01 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:35 pm

I'm having a hard time getting in touch with anyone connected to the protest. Phone mail boxes are maxed out as well as email inboxes. Maybe it is time to just go. I've felt so helpless these last months. But this is something I can do. I can go stand with the mourning mother who is callin on Bush to account for his lies. This could be the kick-start the peace movement has needed. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Re: No Contact

Postby dbeach » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:41 pm

CALLED MY CONGREssMAN AND SPOKE WITH THE REP <br>and let her know my outrage that a gold star mother is about to be arrested<br><br>I also said that I am an honorably discharged Veteran with proof of my service not like an awol/deserter president<br><br>I WILL LET MANY VETERANS KNOW OF THIS OUTRAGE<br><br>and I know lots.. <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby ZeroHaven » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:52 pm

Whoa, this is in TEXAS?<br>Tomorrow is August 9th.<br>Remember all those unmarked white trucks?<br>Flashing warning signals converge.. watch yourself if you go.<br><br><br>_________________<br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:green;">Eucalyptus</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:navy;">Eiffel Tower</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br>We the People<br>Have the Power <p></p><i></i>
ZeroHaven

Postby GDN01 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:27 pm

At this point, I'm planning to go on Wednesday. My son's birthday is tomorrow and he has invited 15 friends over for pizza and movies. A house full of 15 year olds! While this protest is important - I can't bail on my son either. The arrest has been scheduled for Thursday, so I'm planning to go Wed. and stay the night. Maybe there will be some clarification of the situation between now and then. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Postby dbeach » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:31 pm

GDN01<br><br>my boy 7 today<br><br>NO HARM SHALL COME!<br><br>have nice lil party here..<br><br>Happy birthday to your son!! <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby GDN01 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:36 pm

Happy Birthday to your son, too!<br><br>We have to do everything we can to make the world safe for our children. It could easily be you or me, standing on the road, mourning the death of our child, if this Admin. and its wars are not stopped.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

You Can Be Cindy Sheehan

Postby GDN01 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:14 pm

On another discussion board, a woman said she could not travel to Crawford, but was considering other ways to take a stand. She said, "What if I go stand in front of a federal building or on street corner, holding a sign that reads, "Today, I am Cindy Sheehan." <br><br>Can you imagine if thousands of people started doing this? This is something anyone can do - no matter where they live. Be the voice for a grieving mother who is demanding answers from Bush. <p></p><i></i>
GDN01

Next

Return to Iraq