2/3 of Iraqi provinces have 90%+ yes vote in referendum

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

2/3 of Iraqi provinces have 90%+ yes vote in referendum

Postby hmm » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:04 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/18/international/middleeast/18iraq.html?ei=5094&en=d7956d9a5be07412&hp=&ex=1129694400&adxnnl=1&partner=homepage&adxnnlx=1129630034-9NTVhbOKywz235tD6tNQGw">www.nytimes.com/2005/10/1...35tD6tNQGw</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"By DEXTER FILKINS and ROBERT F. WORTH<br>Published: October 18, 2005<br><br>BAGHDAD, Iraq, Oct. 17 - Iraqi election officials said Monday that they were investigating "unusually high" vote totals in 12 Shiite and Kurdish provinces, where as many as 99 percent of the voters were reported to have cast ballots in favor of Iraq's new constitution. The investigation raised the possibility that the results of the referendum could be called into question.<br>~snip~<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>It is difficult to imagine why any Shiite or Kurdish political leaders would resort to fraud. Together the two groups make up about 80 percent of Iraq's population.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>None of the provinces cited for a closer look had Sunni majorities, the official said, although there were reports of similarly lopsided votes against the constitution in some Sunni areas. There are 3 Sunni majority provinces, of a total of 18."<br><br>in 12 out of 18 provinces more than 90% voted for the new constitution??<br>The sheer stupidity of this boggles my mind,i cant imagine this vote having any credibility other than on fox news <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Blog: View Blog (0)

mission accomplished

Postby michael meiring » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:38 pm

Looks like the american installed, iraqi puppet government has been 'legalised'. Get with the programming, er i mean program.<br><br>Get ready for another 100 tankers full and laden with conatainers of freshly packed democracy to land soon.<br><br>Almost makes the diebold voting machine scam seem believable eh?<br><br>All that freedom and democracy the citizens of iraq have now eh? the 'campaign' over for months now too, after junior bombadier bush landed on his aircraft carrier, bomber jacket and sheriffs badge brazen and whooping god bless america, god told me to do it... Why who cares the 'campaign' on iraq was waged and based on lies?<br><br>Iraq is so yesterday, get with the programming, er i mean program. 'We' have been black opsying Iran for months, who knows we may even get a 100% approval of legitamacy once the all out carpet bombing 'campaign' is fully operational. <br><br>The vote numbers are not meant to have credibility, they are meant to show a local populace agreeing to a 'legally' american installed iraqi government puppetry sideshow/circus. And for the average westerner, too burnt out on making ends meant and too tired to think for themselves, its a perfect way to reinforce the 'legality' side of things. <p></p><i></i>
michael meiring

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq