Saddam trial lawyer is kidnapped

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Saddam trial lawyer is kidnapped

Postby hmm » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:50 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4362334.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world...362334.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"Gunmen in Baghdad have kidnapped one of the lawyers of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, police say.<br><br>Sadoun Nasouaf al-Janavi - one of the junior members of Saddam Hussein's defence team - was taken from his office in eastern Baghdad.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>One report said seven other people were seized at the same time.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>In a defiant appearance at his trial on Wednesday, Saddam Hussein pleaded not guilty to charges over the killing of 148 people in a Shia town in 1982."<br><br>not only did he plead not guilty,<br>he refused to give his name..<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.manoramaonline.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=manorama/MmArticle/CommonFullStory&cid=1129714272235&c=MmArticle&p=1002194839100&channel=News&count=11">www.manoramaonline.com/se...s&count=11</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Baghdad: Deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein on Wednesday defiantly refused to give his name as he went on trial for crimes against humanity and said he did not recognise the court. A bearded Saddam described himself as the "president of Iraq" according to footage broadcast from the courtroom with a delay of about 30 minutes.<br><br>"I don't acknowledge either the entity that authorises you nor the aggression because everything based on falsehood is falsehood," Saddam told the chief judge. <br><br>he might not even be the real Saddam,i mean how many doppelgangers did he have?6-7? <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Saddam trial lawyer is kidnapped - and executed

Postby hmm » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:19 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/GEO143008.htm">www.alertnet.org/thenews/...143008.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"Men in suits took slain Saddam trial lawyer-witnesses<br>21 Oct 2005 12:40:29 GMT<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Source: Reuters</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>(Recasts, adds quotes)<br><br>By Michael Georgy<br><br>BAGHDAD, Oct 21 (Reuters) - A defence lawyer in the Saddam Hussein trial was dragged from his office by men who identified themselves as Interior Ministry employees before he was found shot dead, witnesses said on Friday.<br>~snip~<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"We tried to help him but the gunmen told us to get away. They said they were from the Interior Ministry," said Mohammed Ibrahim, who works in the area.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Several witnesses said more than a dozen heavily armed men in suits and ties entered Janabi's office around 8 p.m. (1700 GMT) and dragged him into a car in the rundown Shaab district of Baghdad.<br>~snip~<br>The ministry has repeatedly denied allegations from minority groups including some Sunni Arabs that it sanctions Shi'ite militia hit squads.<br><br>A senior government official strongly denied any involvement in the murder and said it stood ready to increase already tight security for the trial." <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq