A Cabal of Criminality

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A Cabal of Criminality

Postby manxkat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:08 pm

I just read this long, biting piece and thought I'd post the link here. What he's saying is raw and angry truth, and it shook me up, even though there wasn't anything in the piece that I wasn't aware of or didn't already feel. I didn't even miss the fact that he only hinted at 9/11 being an inside job, rather than blurting it out. It almost goes without saying nowadays. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://informationclearinghouse.info/article11203.htm" target="top">A Cabal of Criminality</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>By Manuel Valenzuela <br><br>12/02/05 "ICH" -- -- The disaster in Iraq has continued to regress with the same velocity and intensity as when it first started, raging onwards in a classical resistance, guerilla-style form of urban warfare that usually befalls occupying invaders of alien lands, yet as 2005 ends and 2006 gets set to begin, in the minds of millions of Americans finally out of the hypnotic, denial-laced clouds of 9/11, the time has finally arrived to show ever-increasing animosity to a war that was lost the moment the first American boots entered Iraq. Nobody, after all, likes a loser, and nobody jumps on the bandwagon of a so-called superpower nation being bled, of both blood and treasure, by a resistance with one-billionth the financial resources and military might – though possessing much more intelligence and patience – of the nation it is slowly and calculatingly hemorrhaging. <br><br>Iraq is now, and always has been, a quagmire that has turned into a suffocating and inextricable tar pit for American forces, where the inevitable defeat of George Bush’s policy combines with the greatest strategic disaster in American history, where the total miscalculation of war and mismanagement of peace has resulted in the collapse of Middle East stability, making America and the world less safe, not more, where wet dreams of imperial domination, fused with delusions of grandeur have helped build a monolithic wall of bad karma that will take decades to tear down. <br><br>Iraq, like Vietnam before it, has served to remind us that, like the war on communism, the war on terror is but a charade, a fear engendering escapade, designed to control populations and empower the elite, unleashing fear onto the citizenry while delivering enormous profit to the military-industrial complex. Using Arab men as bogeymen, hidden in the shadows, without faces, countries and, with the help of Hollywood and the corporate media, with a growing brutal reputation, dark skinned Muslims replaced white Soviet Reds as the new American enemy, the new cash cow granting the government and military industrial complex a new generation of destructive war from which to bleed the American taxpayer dry, providing misallocation of resources to the former and enormous profit to the latter. <br><br>What the Iraq/Bush war shows the world is how a Cabal of Criminality, numbering less than a few hundred individuals, can bamboozle a nation into a war whose ramifications on our future we cannot yet fully comprehend. The Bush war, the single-greatest blunder in America’s foreign policy history, was spawned by greed-addicted corporatists and treasonous neoconartists, presstitute lackeys and political hacks, placed in charge of US foreign policy and the propaganda acting as corporate media, easily in control of a nitwit, ignorant puppet, possessing his bully pulpit from which to spew the fabrications and manipulations needed to con America. Delusional, incompetent, dangerous and trapped in bubbles of naked grandeur, expecting fictional flowers and candy to flow from Iraqis expected to greet Americans as liberators, the Cabal of Criminality had no qualms sacrificing thousands of American soldiers, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens, for greed, power, profit, wealth and ego. <br><br>Through lies, deceit, fear-mongering, immorality, chicanery and criminality a group of a few hundred people led America into war, using the new Pearl Harbor, 9/11, with its plethora of highly charged emotions and fragile psyches, to launch a war they thought would be only the first of many, using Iraq as a beachhead to invade Iran and Syria. Suffocating inside the clouds of 9/11, blinded to reality and captured by delusion, America’s normally stable citizenry was mobilized to seek revenge through war, was conditioned to hate through scapegoats, was silenced by fear and intimidation, was brainwashed to blindly follow through incessant propaganda, jingoism and Madison Avenue style marketing. <br><br>In short, Americans were used, enslaved to the dictates of power, branded as sheeple, not people, our emotions of hatred, vengeance, fear and justice used against us, making us impotent conduits of crime and murder. Complicit we became in the delusional game played by the Cabal of Criminality, where the death of 3000 people became the key to unlocking the gates of war upon Mesopotamia. The plan had been set in motion, the new Pearl Harbor was allowed to bear fruit, the cataclysmic event needed to enrage the people and grease up the machines of war would not be stopped. <br><br>With each passing year, with each passing month the Iraq/Bush war has descended more and more into chaos, a battle defined by the resistance, not the US army. Using the most sophisticated weaponry money can buy, with the most modern technologies, possessing incalculable financial resources, American forces find themselves losing to an enemy that fights against occupation and for freedom. The resistance is homegrown, composed of fathers and sons, daughters and mothers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and cousins, all fighting an invading army they see as the catalyst of death, mass murder, burnings, maimings, intolerable suffering and cruel and inhumane collective punishment. The resistance has increased exponentially – and will not diminish until American forces are expelled – with every death, maiming, destroyed home, rape, imprisonment, shooting and act of collective punishment upon the Iraqi people, with every death of a son, father, mother or daughter. <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://informationclearinghouse.info/article11203.htm" target="top">(continues here)</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A Cabal of Criminality

Postby Dreams End » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:18 pm

From the article:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It is almost impossible to comprehend how a couple of hundred miscreants could hijack America’s government, its media, institutions and foreign policy, attaining in a few years, thanks to the new Pearl Harbor, long held goals to launch human evil throughout the globe.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This line of thinking, while I can see how one could fall into it, is naive or even misinformation in my view. A few hundred? A few years?<br><br>This kind of stuff has been going on since the beginning of the US (and that's just examining the US parts of it.<br><br>Often, in the past, there was not so much media exposure maybe. Have a look at "Killing Hope" by William Blum to get an encyclopedic view of "Iraq" style activities by the US in the last century. See Smedley Butler's famous "War is a Racket". The only thing new is higher tech weapons and, maybe, a bit more reckless and "in your face" style.<br><br>So I can understand the sentiment, but if we round up a small group and think THAT will make it all better, we'll be in for a sad surprise.<br><br>By the way, the article gives examples including the Cold War and Vietnam, so his idea of a "hijack" in the "last few years" isn't even really what HE means to say, I think. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Re: A Cabal of Criminality

Postby manxkat » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:59 pm

The piece made me FEEL more than I have in a long time -- a lot of shame and anger to be American. We all read news reports daily about the horrors of war, the atrocities of torture and depleted uranium and white phosphorus and global gulags. <br><br>This article broke through my numbed-down exposure to these horrors. Maybe it was the author's anger and outrage that got me going. Maybe it was his flowery, poetic style -- something that struck my sensibilities as a musician/composer. Whatever the reason, the FEELINGS that it brought out in me were the impetus for posting the article here -- in hopes that others might also have a similar response. <br><br>Dreams End, your points may be valid or not -- I really don't care. I didn't post this to have a debate about whether the author was 100% historically accurate. I will say that your representation of the author as naive, or as someone presenting misinformation doesn't wash with me. Obviously, you have a lot of knowledge, perhaps more than even the author. I don't care. What I care about is that the author is PISSED and rightly so. And, that, my friend is what we ALL need -- some healthy outrage -- if we expect to change the tragic course we're on.<br> <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Postby Pants Elk » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Ame, manxcat.<br><br>Too often, we get sidetracked into splitting disinfo hairs, sifting, weighing, doubting ... what we need is good old-fashioned passion. It's the one thing "they" don't want, can't deal with. "They're" quite happy we're interfighting, interbreeding, on the internet. They don't care what we *know*. In the age of the internet, knowledge counts for nothing.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Pants Elk

Return to Iraq