depleted uranium causing more casualties in iraq, america

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

depleted uranium causing more casualties in iraq, america

Postby john darmy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:19 pm

Depleted uranium, which has now been proven to be the cause of Gulf War Syndrome, appears to be claiming new casualties in the War on Iraq. The U.S. Department of Defense is hiding the U.S. casualties under a disguise of "Baghdad Boils." The latest disease plaguing U.S. troops in Iraq is claimed to be caused by sand fly bites, but depleted uranium (DU) radiation appears to be the actual cause. Most of the soldiers who served in the first Gulf War are now on medical disability, and many of their wives, partners and girlfriends have become contaminated by their semen. Most of the children born to these couples since the war have severe birth defects. For more information:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.uruknet.com/?p=18948&hd=0&size=1&l=x">www.uruknet.com/?p=18948&hd=0&size=1&l=x</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>And check out this landmark article on DU by Leuren Moret:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.sfbayview.com/081804/Depleteduranium081804.shtml">www.sfbayview.com/081804/...1804.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
john darmy

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: depleted uranium causing more casualties in iraq, americ

Postby dbeach » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Hi JD and Merry Christmas and /or Seasons Greetings<br><br>Lauren Moret is an Angel and I do not say that lightly<br><br>DU dust was found On car roofs in Britain via the desert winds<br><br>DU = Huge crime against humanity<br><br><br>Found a new forum..will check it later<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.clubconspiracy.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2674&forum=17">www.clubconspiracy.com/mo...4&forum=17</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>"Insider wrote:<br>"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. .... The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."<br>Henry Kissinger, Speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992. Bilderberg meeting."<br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby john darmy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:59 pm

Merry Christmas to you too, DB. And thanks for the link to the new conspiracy site. Oh, wait. I forgot, conspiracies never happen, it's always a lone gunman. Never mind. <p></p><i></i>
john darmy

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:39 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/abom/uran/shisetsu_us_e/shisetsu.html">www.chugoku-np.co.jp/abom...setsu.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby marykmusic » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:02 am

The Show Low National Guard was sent to Gulf War I. The only one I knew personally was a very fit gym teacher/coach at the local jr. college... now disabled.<br><br>The Cub Scout packmaster where my youngest boy went had still been in the Army at that time. Disabled (and worse, because he turned out to be a nut case.) His wife turned into a nut-case as well. <br><br>I suppose I coulr really do the research and keep adding up figures... but how depressing is that? --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

dbeach-DU-UK

Postby jenz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:23 am

lived where the desert winds blew fine dust thru the window frames. there again, just up the coast from there, someone picked up a heavier than normal shell.<br>what year was your ref? <p></p><i></i>
jenz

Re: dbeach-DU-UK

Postby dbeach » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:35 pm

I was reading about Lauren Moret and it was said that the DU dust reached Britain..cannot find the reference now as it would take much time..<br><br>DU is a huge pentagon scandal and more ways to mass murder humanity in the most deadly ways..<br><br>Anthony Princippi resigned from VA chief to be replaced by James Nicholson who is an uber bush insiderr and former RNC chief..He is the VA budget slasher..<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/print.cgi?file=/views05/0809-33.htm">www.commondreams.org/cgi-...809-33.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Lauren Moret:<br><br><br>"My grandfather, U.S. Army Col. Edwin Joseph McAllister, was born in Battle Creek in 1895. He does not know that his first grandchild is an international expert on depleted uranium. I have worked in two U.S. nuclear weapons laboratories, and in 1991 I became a whistleblower at the Livermore lab. Depleted uranium is very, very, very nasty stuff:<br><br>Depleted uranium (DU) weaponry meets the definition of weapon of mass destruction in two out of three categories under U.S. Federal Code Title 50 Chapter 40 Section 2302.<br><br>DU weaponry violates all international treaties and agreements, Hague and Geneva war conventions, the 1925 Geneva gas protocol, U.S. laws and U.S. military law.<br><br>Since 1991, the U.S. has released the radioactive atomicity equivalent of at least 400,000 Nagasaki bombs into the global atmosphere. That is 10 times the amount released during atmospheric testing which was the equivalent of 40,000 Hiroshima bombs. The U.S. has permanently contaminated the global atmosphere with radioactive pollution having a half-life of 2.5 billion years.<br><br>The U.S. has illegally conducted four nuclear wars in Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and twice in Iraq since 1991, calling DU "conventional" weapons when in fact they are nuclear weapons.<br><br>DU on the battlefield has three effects on living systems: it is a heavy metal "chemical" poison, a "radioactive" poison and has a "particulate" effect due to the very tiny size of the particles that are 0.1 microns and smaller.<br><br>The blueprint for DU weaponry is a 1943 Manhattan Project memo to Gen. L. Groves that recommended development of radioactive materials as poison gas weapons - dirty bombs, dirty missiles and dirty bullets.<br><br>DU weapons are very effective kinetic energy penetrators, but even more effective bioweapons since uranium has a strong chemical affinity for phosphate structures concentrated in DNA.<br><br>DU is the Trojan Horse of nuclear war - it keeps giving and keeps killing. There is no way to clean it up, and no way to turn it off because it continues to decay into other radioactive isotopes in over 20 steps.<br><br>Terry Jemison at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs stated in August 2004 that over 518,000 Gulf-era veterans (14-year period) are now on medical disability, and that 7,039 were wounded on the battlefield in that same period. Over 500,000 U.S. veterans are homeless.<br><br>In some studies of soldiers who had normal babies before the war, 67 percent of the post-war babies are born with severe birth defects - missing brains, eyes, organs, legs and arms, and blood diseases.<br><br>In southern Iraq, scientists are reporting five times higher levels of gamma radiation in the air, which increases the radioactive body burden daily of inhabitants. In fact, Iraq, Yugoslavia and Afghanistan are uninhabitable.<br><br>Cancer starts with one alpha particle under the right conditions. One gram of DU is the size of a period in this sentence and releases 12,000 alpha particles per second.<br>Before my grandfather died, he told me that his generation had made a mess of this planet. I wonder what he would say to me now I would tell him to see "Beyond Treason" (www.beyondtreason.com), a new documentary about the history of treason by the U.S. government against our own troops: Atomic veterans, MK-Ultra, Agent Orange and DU. After Vietnam, Henry Kissinger said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy. . ." (from Chapter 5 in the "Final Days" by Woodward and Bernstein)."<br><br><br><br>"What causes Gulf War Illness?<br>(a.k.a. Gulf War Syndrome; Persian Gulf Illness) <br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Some believe these illnesses are caused by exposure to depleted uranium munitions used on the battlefield. Others believe chemical and biological exposures are the prime suspect. While yet an even larger group argue that experimental vaccines given to our troops, without their knowledge or consent, may have lead to the demise of many of these soldiers.<br><br>Is it a combination of overlapping exposures?<br> Depleted Uranium Exposure<br> Chemical & Biological Exposures<br> Experimental Vaccinations<br>A growing number of scientists and respected experts in their fields have been coming forward to share their research and first-hand knowledge of official betrayal. "<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.beyondtreason.com/">www.beyondtreason.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Vets, Toxins, and the End of the World

Postby Iroquois » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:01 am

Empires have always had an uneasy relationship with their veteran soldiers. Combat experience combined with the first-hand knowledge of the destructive appetite of empire can make for dangerous liability in a state that controls its citizenry through a combination of force and fear. In ancient times, they may have been given plots of land in the marches of the imperial territory far from the capital and possibly still threatened by those the land had been taken from to direct that military acumen elsewhere.<br><br>Today, they are exposed to a bio-hazardous cocktail of questionnable medications and innoculations, known carcinogens like Agent Orange and "depleted" uranium, as well as a host of other toxic fuels, lubricants, and miscellaneous chemicals you'll probably never hear about. That the native populations of the modern battle lands are likewise affected is probably considered a win-win situation to the types who make those sorts of decisions.<br><br>I hope that the possiblity that DU particles could have an effect far outide of "theater" (a clever euphemism if there ever was one) simply was not brought to their attention. That those with such power would so wantonly poison the whole world, even the little part of it they live in, would certainly give credibility to some of the more extreme theories about their ultimate motivations. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=iroquois@rigorousintuition>Iroquois</A> at: 12/27/05 11:42 pm<br></i>
Iroquois

Re: Vets, Toxins, and the End of the World

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:30 am

In a Marshal Law situation, the most effective resistance would come from Combat Veterans.<br><br>Makes sense to kill them off. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: Vets, Toxins, and the End of the World

Postby Iroquois » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:47 am

Veterans have figured prominently in every noteworthy rebellion/revolution that I can think of. <p></p><i></i>
Iroquois

DU testing

Postby jenz » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:40 am

I think its pos. that DU weapons were tested, in a limited way, mid 80s in UK, hence question on desert winds - ie do we know it was borne on the winds, which certainly also came at that time, or was that supposition introduced later as fudge? <p></p><i></i>
jenz

death in nano time..

Postby dbeach » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:35 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.axisoflogic.com/cgi-bin/exec/view.pl?archive=85&num=14785">www.axisoflogic.com/cgi-b...&num=14785</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"This is also the peak population size of invisible atmospheric dust particles, which are transported around the world and remain permanently suspended until they are rained or snowed out of the atmosphere. Nano-particles remain suspended by Brownian motion, and do not behave like larger sized particles. They behave according to the rules of quantum mechanics. "<br><br>"HOW DEPLETED URANIUM WEAPONS ARE KILLING OUR TROOPS <br>By Lauren Moret<br>Jan 2, 2005, 10:58<br><br> <br> <br><br>The following document by Marion Fulk, a nuclear physical chemist, and Leuren Moret, a geo-scientist, provides a concise and essential explanation of the biological response to depleted uranium (DU) particulate internal exposure. <br><br>Military research laboratories report that the particulate effect of DU causes 1 million times more damage than the expected damage from the radiation effect alone - genetic damage. Cancer starts with a single alpha particle under the right conditions. <br><br>The following letter was written by Marion Fulk, former scientist with the Manhattan Project and nuclear physical chemist at the National [nuclear weapons] Laboratory at Livermore, California. <br><br>The letter is addressed to Dr. Chris Busby, a radiation expert who has written independent reports on low level radiation exposure for the British government and the European Parliament. <br><br>The use of depleted uranium weapons is causing a nuclear holocaust, with a global effect. <br><br>Leuren Moret, <br>Berkeley, California <br><br>December 14, 2004 <br><br>Dr. Chris Busby <br>Green Audit <br>9 Prospect Street <br>Aberystwyth, Wales SY23 1JJ <br>United Kingdom <br><br>Dear Dr. Busby, <br><br>At your request, Marion Fulk and I are providing information and details on internal exposure to depleted uranium particulates. <br><br>Mr. Fulk is a nuclear physical chemist, retired from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California. He conducted research on rainout of very fine radioactive particulates generated by atmospheric testing for the Nuclear Weapons Program. He holds a high level US Govt. clearance, and is an international expert on radiation and the biological effects from internal exposure. <br><br>I am the Past President of the Association for Women Geoscientists, with a background in the Geosciences. I have conducted extensive scientific research on atmospheric dust, the transport and cycling of radionuclides through the environment and through biological systems. I am recognized as an international expert, on the impact on global public health and the health of the environment, from radiation caused by atmospheric testing, nuclear power plants and depleted uranium. <br><br>Mr. Fulk and I are actively conducting research on the particulate effect, and internal radiation exposure. The particulate effect is newly recognized as a result of studies on the biological and medical effects of depleted uranium internal exposure. <br><br>THREE EFFECTS OF DEPLETED URANIUM INTERNAL EXPOSURE <br>Internal exposure to depleted uranium is known to have three separate effects which may or may not act together, which may occur at different times, or have delayed effects: <br><br>1. Chemical – changes in a substance due to an alteration of its chemical composition caused by changes in its atoms or molecules; <br><br>2. Radiological – changes when the nucleus of an isotope undergoes disintegration and releases energy in the form of alpha or beta particles and/or gamma rays. About 30% of radiation damage to cells is caused by the “bullet effect” of the alpha and beta particles tearing through the cells. About 70% of the damage is caused by changes in the cells and biological molecules from the energy dissipated along the pathway of the alpha and beta particles, and gamma rays; <br><br>3. Particulate – changes caused by the particle size, the most harmful being nano-particles which are defined as particles with a diameter of 0.1 micron and smaller. <br><br>Because you have already provided information about the chemical and radiological effects detailed in the ECRR Report (2003) and the CHERRIE Report (2004), this letter will primarily address the particulate effect. <br><br>THE PARTICULATE EFFECT <br><br>The “particulate effect” is a new phenomenon. It is now being recognized from research on nano-particles and from the effects of battlefield and downwind exposure to depleted uranium. <br><br>The resulting complex of diseases caused by depleted uranium and possible chemical exposure is known as Gulf War Syndrome (Table <br>1). <br><br>Depleted uranium gas and dust, formed on the battlefield, produces large numbers of extremely fine particles. The greatest number by mass on the battlefield are formed in the nano-particle range – 0.1 microns and smaller (1). Coincidentally, international funding and research in the new field of nano-technology has also provided details from studies on the effects of nano-particles, which until now have not been well studied. Recently discoveries have revealed that there is a particulate effect caused by these nano-particles in living tissues. There are now 16 peer-reviewed journals devoted to the new field of nano-technology. <br><br>In a normal air sample there are billions of dust particles in a range of sizes. For example there are 1 billion dust particles with a diameter of 0.1 micron per cubic meter. A diameter of 0.1 micron is about 100 times smaller than a blood cell. An average man breathes about 28 cubic meters of air per day, inhaling approximately 28 billion 0.1 micron particles. <br><br>This is also the peak population size of invisible atmospheric dust particles, which are transported around the world and remain permanently suspended until they are rained or snowed out of the atmosphere. Nano-particles remain suspended by Brownian motion, and do not behave like larger sized particles. They behave according to the rules of quantum mechanics. <br><br>Some nano-particles have catalytic and extraordinary electronic properties, like oxides of uranium, which behave in non-stoichiometric ways. Uranium is a very large and complex atom, with a large cloud of many electrons around the nucleus as well as in the outer shells. Uranium can act as a reducer, donating electrons, or as an oxidizer, scavenging or accepting electrons. Because uranium compounds are unpredictable in the way they behave, uranium is also biologically unpredictable. In this atmosphere of unpredictability characteristic of uranium, anything can happen. <br><br>Because uranium and phosphate have an interaction, uranium can interfere with biological processes where the phosphate structure is present. Examples are in the DNA, the histone or Master Code (2) which controls part of the _expression of the DNA, and fragments of the RNA which control part of the _expression of the DNA. <br><br>TRANSPORT AND EXPOSURE PATHWAYS <br><br>Exposure pathways for depleted uranium can be through the skin, by inhalation, and ingestion. Nano-particles have high mobility and can easily enter the body. Inhalation of nano-particles of depleted uranium is the most hazardous exposure, because the particles pass through the lung-blood barrier directly into the blood. In the blood they are transported throughout the body and may be filtered out by the tissues. Delivery to the cell systems is expedited by transport in the liposomes, and probably in cholesterol. <br><br>Because the depleted uranium particles are much smaller than the liposomes or cholesterol, their presence is masked or hidden from the cell defenses, and therefore can end up any place in the cell and tissues. Mild electric shocks can also transport things into cells, as was demonstrated in early lab experiments to modify genes, and the reported mixing of bacterial DNA from lightning strikes (3). <br><br>When inhaled through the nose, nano-particles can cross the olfactory bulb directly into the brain through the blood brain barrier, where they migrate all through the brain (4). Many Gulf-era soldiers exposed to depleted uranium have been diagnosed with brain tumors, brain damage, and impaired thought processes. Uranium can interfere with the mitochondria, which provide energy for the nerve processes, and transmittal of the nerve signal across synapses in the brain. <br><br>Damage to the mitochondria, which provide all energy to the cells and nerves, can cause chronic fatigue syndrome, Lou Gehrig’s disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and Hodgkin’s disease (5). "<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Re: death in nano time..

Postby dbeach » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:56 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2004/09/17/uranium_munitions_are_weapons_of_mass_destruction_use_is_a_war_crime_experts.htm">www.newmediaexplorer.org/...xperts.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>"The Middle East has been severely contaminated, warns Moret. "That region is radioactive forever," she says, but worse is yet to come.<br><br>Moret says the air carrying DU particles takes about a year to mix with the rest of the earth's atmosphere.<br><br>The radiation released by DU nuclear warfare is believed to be more than 10 times the amount dispersed by atmospheric testing.<br><br>As a result, DU particles have engulfed the world in a radioactive poison gas that promises illness and death for millions.<br><br>Rokke went to Iraq a fit and healthy soldier, but the major is now beset with a variety of illnesses and each day is a struggle.<br><br>He suffers from respiratory problems and cataracts while his teeth - weakened by DU radiation - are crumbling. At least 20 of the 100 primary personnel he worked with on the US army's DU project have died. Most of the rest are ill.<br><br>Meanwhile, WHO says cancer rates worldwide are set to rise by 50% by 2020, although it does not link this publicly to DU."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

"..in Britain ..red dust from the Sahara on your car.&q

Postby dbeach » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:00 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rense.com/general64/du.htm">www.rense.com/general64/du.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"American Use Of DU is "A crime against humanity which may, in <br>the eyes of historians, rank with the worst atrocities of all time."<br>US Iraq Military Vets "are on DU death row, waiting to die."<br>By James Denver<br>4-29-5<br> <br>"I'm horrified. The people out there - the Iraqis, the media and the troops - risk the most appalling ill health. And the radiation from depleted uranium can travel literally anywhere. It's going to destroy the lives of thousands of children, all over the world. We all know how far radiation can travel. Radiation from Chernobyl reached Wales and in Britain you sometimes get red dust from the Sahara on your car." <br> <br>The speaker is not some alarmist doom-sayer. He is Dr. Chris Busby, the British radiation expert, Fellow of the University of Liverpool in the Faculty of Medicine and UK representative on the European Committee on Radiation Risk, talking about the best-kept secret of this war: the fact that, by illegally using hundreds of tons of depleted uranium (DU) against Iraq, Britain and America have gravely endangered not only the Iraqis but the whole world. "<br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

thanks

Postby jenz » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:13 am

for links dbeach. in 84/5, I think such weapons may have been tested in the uk close enough to populations to cause some problems. this is more guesswork than certain knowledge, at the time I was a happy sheeple with no suspicions in my mind about the stori of too heavy shells, and the child with no eyes; and tho I have a vague recollection of being told by his mother that there was a map showing the clusters of this rare condition, I paid too little attention and don't know where to start looking for that. desert winds decidedly passed over the area depositing fine dust as well. this is one of 2 possible reasons why my family had the experiences it did, which have led to my present focus on ra. it was, of course prior to gulf war (USA/UK) but in the thick of arms trading to the region by various artists of deception. <p></p><i></i>
jenz

Next

Return to Iraq