F-15 Strike in Baghdad

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

F-15 Strike in Baghdad

Postby JD » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:13 pm

Commentary first:<br><br>Interesting that the USMIL must resort to airpower to project military force not just within Iraq, but within Baghdad itself. Also mindblowing that former "regime" weapons depots are laying around Baghdad unguarded allowing insurgents easy access to build weapons.<br><br>I've wondered why the Iraqi resistance isn't running out of steam with no sources of munitions resupply. The piece below answers the question.<br><br>Obvious followup question - why TF haven't the "coalition" and "friendly Iraqi" ground troops secured all the weapons depots after three years of occupation?<br><br>Is the insurgency being covertly supported by...... us?<br><br>Now the article:<br><br>From <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://postmanpatel.blogspot.com/2006/02/baghdad-bombed-again.html">postmanpatel.blogspot.com...again.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Baghdad bombed ... again <br><br>4 USAF F-15E Strike Eagles, bombed a known terrorist facility at approximately 4:30 p.m. Feb. 15 in southern Baghdad says a military Press release.<br><br>Terrorists were using a former Iraqi regime munitions storage bunker, located in a large, uninhabited weapons-storage complex in the Babil province, to acquire and transport bomb-making munitions to be used in attacks against the Iraqi people and Coalition Forces.<br><br>The sorties made multiple passes to ensure the complete and methodical destruction of the bunker.<br><br>This says a resident was probably al-Saha, on the other side of the neighborhood of Dora, where a major refinery is located and remarks, " the Iraqis are taking the fight to the terrorists, blah blah, why are the Americans resorting to air strikes here?"<br><br>So, 3 years after the illegal and crushing invasion there are (near Baghdad) still “former Iraqi regime” munitions lying around in unguarded “former Iraqi regime” depots where insurgents can “acquire” them to make IED's.<br> <p></p><i></i>
JD

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Lucky Strike" (brand cigarettes) Appear Once Agai

Postby Floyd Smoots » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:47 pm

Well, DUH........We're TRYIN' ta kill a buncha ragheads here, whadd'ya think??? (Sarcasm, Of Course, Brother or Sister). I am totally disgusted, not only with the unacceptable losses of our few thousand sons and daughters, but the horrible, horrible, almost uncountable numbers of "collaterally damaged" people of Iraq, who, in spite of the mainstream media lies, have not done a God-Forsaken THING to the citizens of these Untied Statez uv Amerika!!!<br> <p></p><i></i>
Floyd Smoots

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq