general 'stoked Kurdish conflict to keep Turkey out of EU'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: atrocities management

Postby Gouda » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:23 am

No use debating whether the Turks or the Israelies or the Nazis were/are the worst genociders. Add the US-of-A to this group. Don't forget, the Turks and the Israelis are very strong allies, both strongly allied to CIA/Pentagon. One genocide breeds another and spreads on the wind across time and across borders - kinda like GM seeds. And please do not forget the Armenian genocide - on that, I can't recommend stronly enough you see Atom Egoyan's superb film, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Ararat</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I just quoted J. Blum, author/editor of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The Calumet Review</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> in another (new) thread, but think this extract may also be relevent to consider here with regard to who be killin' who, and how we are to think about it: <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Atrocities Management. </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> The term - Edward S. Herman's - will soon appear on the business cards of Beltway consultants. What you wanna do is inflate the body counts for which your enemies might be responsible - and you wanna make sure that the Press and Folks Out There think that your enemies are responsible for every atrocity, including those for which you and/or your pals are actually responsible. You also wanna throw around terms like <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>genocide</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->...One example [of atrocities management], for which anyone in Chicago can get the lowdown simply by being at Michigan and Wacker on the fifteenth of April, where Armenian-Americans protest annually outside the Turkish Consulate, is the genocide perpetrated against the Armenians by the dying Ottoman Empire between 1915-18. It has been the party line of mainstream Jewish organizations (B'nai B'rith, United Jewish Congress, etc.) and Holocaust scholars (not "all Jews," nota bene, I first heard of this reading a Chomsky book) that this aggregate of atrocities was "not genocide." Why? Turkey is an ally of the US and Israel, for one, and has never acknowledged these crimes against humanity, which were begun by its predecessor, but continued, somewhat desultorily, under the modern Republic. The Turkish governments have also been engaged in a similar campaign against the Kurds, which as of this writing are not abated. (Kurdistan awaits its full TCR treatment.) This campaign has been a chief depository for American tax dollars ("aid," which somehow manages to end up in the coffers of American armaments manufacturers.) Hints of Turkish atrocities began to appear in respectable American circles when it looked as though Turkey wouldn’t play ball with the Coalition of the Willing in re Iraq. This was, according to Wolfy and Rummy, evidence of a colossal failure of the democratic spirit on the part of the Turkish government - actually a fairly rare example of the democratic spirit on the part of the Turkish government as it was actually heeding the proverbial voice of the people...Once the Turkish government was bought off with money, weapons (to continue the atrocities against Kurds for which they were being so gently decried) and a sort of promise to be allowed to invade Iraqi Kurdistan if things there got out of hand. Atrocities management at its most subtle.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br>(quoted from The Calumet Review, Volume Three, # 1, Winter 200) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 3/10/06 8:35 am<br></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Iraq