"Calm and stable Baghdad" really Istanbul

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Calm and stable Baghdad" really Istanbul

Postby Qutb » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:49 am

This is too funny.<br><br>From <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/3/29/13339/2816" target="top">Kos</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->.<br><br>"1. Howard Kallogian, a Republican candidate in the CA-50 special election, posts this picture, which he claims he took in Bahgdad:<br><br>(image)<br><br>He argues the picture is proof that Iraq is 'calm' and 'stable' contrary to press reports.<br><br>2. AnthonyLA casts doubt on the picture, noting that, well, women are wearing western clothing, couples are holding hands, signs are in roman script, etc. <br><br>3. Commenter jem6x digs up this picture of the very same neighborhood:<br><br>(image)<br><br>Location? The Istanbul suburb of Bakirkoy. And for those taking score at home, that's not in Iraq. It's in Turkey.<br><br>Another GOoPer liar exposed thanks to people-powered media."<br><br>See also the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/3/30/14344/6926" target="top">follow-up</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> story. Kallogian replaced the picture with a photo taken from the Green Zone (and apparently, one of the buildings seen in the picture has subsequently been bombed to pieces). But he kept the caption: "Iraq (including Baghdad) is much more calm and stable than what many people believe it to be. But, each day the news media finds any violence occurring in the country and screams and shouts about it - in part because many journalists are opposed to the U.S. effort to fight terrorism." <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Qutb

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "Calm and stable Baghdad" really Istanbul

Postby sunny » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:34 pm

What kills me is he fully expected <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>not</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to be exposed.<br>Olberman, to my knowledge, was the only one in msm to out the idiot. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Iraq