Iraq, I mean Arrakis, Dune Desert Planet....

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Iraq, I mean Arrakis, Dune Desert Planet....

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:05 pm

has anyone ever seen Dune?<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://jahtruth.net/dune.htm">jahtruth.net/dune.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br>has some strange interpretations which are very in depth and insightful, but leave you wondering if this fellow isn't just trying to sell his book.<br>With that said, howerver, it's worth looking at the insight is quite mind-expanding, not unlike the melange of Irakis....<br>I realise this may be wasting your time, here, but the discussion about Donnie Darko got me going onto something I had forgotton about.<br>The basic premise of this Dune website is to promote the fantastic (but very palpable) idea that Dune is a metaphor for our present situation in Iraq.<br>So yeah, interesting, probably only to me, however, but one never knows. <p></p><i></i>
Tetsuro

Blog: View Blog (0)

Agreed on Dune + Babylon 5 + Foundation

Postby JD » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:49 pm

I've thought the same thing, that Dune is an interesting comparison to current events.<br><br>It starts with the Araqis = Iraq coincidence and goes from there!<br><br>I'd also add Babylon 5 as an interesting art of fiction that lends itself to post 9/11 interpretations. I mean Babylon = Iraq, no? How obvious do it get? If you're familiar with the series, and do any extrapolation of recent events the similarities are striking.<br><br>Finally, the Foundation series by Asimov <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/story/0,12084,779530,00.html">books.guardian.co.uk/revi...30,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> has been noted to share some interesting parallels to the aQ/911 thread.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
JD

Re: Iraq, I mean Arrakis, Dune Desert Planet....

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:03 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Please note: Due to having to avoid the "Mark of the Beast" we now<br>only accept cash. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>lol.That website looks like a disinfo website obscuring political ideas with UFO mysticism, an old tactic on the internet. The internet is pre-loaded with these psychic potholes meant to deter new travellers on the information highway.<br><br>To analyze 'Dune' without discussing oil as the central model of the 'spice' of power is a pretty egregious omission.<br><br>I would expect that the growing awareness among the reading middle class that most media is propaganda would lead to a renewed proliferation of bizarre analysis as chaff.<br><br>This UK website fits the bill, in my view, of chaff.<br><br>'Dune' is certainly worth analyzing, though. <br><br>And 'Star Wars' is a Fort Knox of rich analogies.<br>"May the Force be With You." - War for Justice<br>"Luke, I am Your Father." - Wall Street Built Hitler.<br>etc.. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

uh huh

Postby Tetsuro » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Right!<br>It's only an interesting gateway for discussion<br>and written in the 60s<br>so the propheticness of Herbert is quite disturbing, though...<br>and it makes some interesting points<br>but you seem a bit too quick to lol off the whole thing as chaff, believe me I agree, most of it IS chaff, silly crap, but some of it,<br> "Muad'Dib says, "The time will come when all (who are a part of the system - like the [collar and] Tie-fighters in Starwars) will turn against us and seek our lives. We must reach the safety of [the] Rock." Inside which there are wind-traps and reservoirs containing millions of decalitres of drinking-water. Exactly as there are blast-traps at the entrances and reservoirs inside The Rock of Gibraltar. "<br>"He then returns to the physical-dimension and cries, "Father, The Sleeper [Christ] HAS AWAKENED" and he becomes the Dune Messiah. Then in the safety of the long-hall under "The Mountain of Rock" his followers call him "Mahdi", "Mahdi", "Mahdi". Mahdi is an Arabic name for the Christ - the Chosen One, from the outer-world (The Universe) who has come (to Earth) to lead all men to TRUE freedom and to fight the Jihad or Holy-War against the kings of the Earth to cleanse the world of their evil, satanically-inspired empire, and systems of government; that create mass poverty and a very wealthy, very small, minority; exactly as is prophesied by Christ himself, in his own Prophetical Book of Revelation/Apocalypse that he gave personally to his apostle John. <br><br>Whoa, do I sound like a nutty Christian fundamentalist yet?????<br>well, i'm not, I believe this guy has been decieved into thinking something, <br>I also believe that he's on the right track in his way of connecting all these sci-fi movies to Biblical things...<br>your talk of the<br>reading middle class, it resonated with me though I can't help feel a bit elitist in that I do read and between the lines at that as well.<br>This UK website is funny though and the original title of my post was "something quite silly" but I changed it for some reason.<br>oh well<br> <p></p><i></i>
Tetsuro

Return to Iraq