US investigating NEW Civilian massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

US investigating NEW Civilian massacre

Postby HMKGrey » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:57 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5039714.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middl...039714.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> The US army says it is investigating an incident in which 11 Iraqis may have been deliberately killed by US troops, after the emergence of video evidence.<br><br>The video aired on the BBC appears to challenge the US account of the events in the town of Ishaqi in March.<br><br>The US said at the time that four people died during a raid, but Iraqi police said 11 were shot by US troops.<br><br>The new evidence comes in the wake of the alleged massacre by US marines of up to 24 Iraqi civilians in Haditha. <br><br>==============================<br><br>Sure are a lot of low level bad apples around. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: US investigating NEW Civilian massacre

Postby professorpan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:37 am

This sudden focus on wartime atrocities does fuel the growing flames of a Christian/Muslim Holy (Oil) War. It leads to more regional destabilization, hardening of permanent bases and hyperinflation of the petro markets in advance of the invasion of Iran.<br><br>Yep. All is going according to plan. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby StarmanSkye » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:02 am

Prof. pan wrote:<br>"This sudden focus on wartime atrocities does fuel the growing flames of a Christian/Muslim Holy (Oil) War. It leads to more regional destabilization, hardening of permanent bases and hyperinflation of the petro markets in advance of the invasion of Iran."<br><br>****<br>Not sure what you're driving at here, Prof.<br>I've been reading of these kind of warcrime atrocities at least since the fall of '04, notably with the first seige of Fallujah. By the second seige of Fallujah, Special Ops soldiers had cordoned-off males from evacuation and turned the city into a free-fire zone, with witnesses describing the methodical shooting of everyone who couldn't or didn't manage to get out, as well as the bombing of medical clinics and the hospital and destruction of all medical supplies, etc. Sporadic reports of arbitrary and lack of fire-discipline killings began to appear in the alternative press with some regularity, along with increased sectarian violence and what appeared to be false-flag terror attacks and set-up proxy 'suicide' bombings, etc. The only REAL diff. now is that a few of the recent killings have become publicized in the western mainstream media. I don't see how that 'helps' the neocon adventure, ie., I think the 'news' reports aren't controlled by the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Pentagon et al. war-party.<br><br>IMO, the Iraq conquest plan has been badly, horribly mismanaged. But of course, the neocon gang are making the nest of it, and seem determined to provoke/cause military attack on Iran, by either US or Israeli forces. The Time/Discovery propaganda networks are laying it on THICK re: evil Iran, Nuclear Terrrrrorists and Badmans Osama/Al Qaeda/Taliban/Zarqawi et al.<br><br>The US military killings may be ackward, but I don't see they're going to alter or moderate the war-gangsters ongoing plans, no matter how screwed-up they are -- it's too much of a money-machine-racket and the only real strategy they have to deflect attention from how awful the Repug-led leadership is for the majority of people in the US, and how much they've alienated most of the rest of the world. I really believe they have all so-called opposition politicians blackmailed or otherwise controlled, and so they don't really fear a public power-play by Dems to call them to account.<br><br>So, on the whole, I'll agree the neocon-led, plutocracy-backed 'plans' are on-track (just that the civilian-killings news reports aren't part of 'em).<br><br>'Course, I could be wrong ...<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Postby Gouda » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:20 am

I think Jeff posted something on the Ishaqi massacre awhile back, or linked/refered to it in one of his posts - and I seem to remember a discussion about it here on this Board, but I was unable to find it... <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:26 am

Chris Floyd also ran this: <br><br>"Children of Abraham: Death in the Desert"<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.chris-floyd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=550&Itemid=5">www.chris-floyd.com/index...0&Itemid=5</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>With photo(GRAPHIC!) evidence: <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.chris-floyd.com/march/">www.chris-floyd.com/march/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Return to Iraq