"A classic psy-ops campaign"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"A classic psy-ops campaign"

Postby NewKid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:11 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.vanityfair.com/features/general/articles/060606fege02" target="top">www.vanityfair.com/features/general/articles/060606fege02</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Great Scott! Black propaganda . . . with links to the White House! <br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Unraveling a disinformation campaign is no easy task. It means entering a kingdom of shadows peopled by would-be Machiavellis who are practiced in the art of deception. "In the world of fabrication, you don't just drop something and let someone pick it up," says Bearden. "Your first goal is to make sure it doesn't find its way back to you, so you do several things. You may start out with a document that is a forgery, that is a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy, which makes it hard to track down. You go through cutouts so that the person who puts it out doesn't know where it came from. And you build in subtle, nuanced errors so you can say, 'We would never misspell that.' If it's very cleverly done, it's a chess game, not checkers."<br><br>Reporters who have entered this labyrinth often emerge so perplexed that they choose not to write about it. "The chances of being manipulated are very high," says Claudio Gatti, a New York–based investigative reporter at Il Sole, the Italian business daily. "That's why I decided to stay out of it."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=newkid@rigorousintuition>NewKid</A> at: 6/7/06 1:31 am<br></i>
NewKid

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "A classic psy-ops campaign"

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 am

I was just reading that article..There's some pretty heavy stuff in there. What more do people need? I mean, come on.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Re: "Faster, please."

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:42 am

This article has a very complete sequence of the efforts to justify invading Iraq over yellowcake plus Ledeen's history in Italy plus Burlusconi's membership in the Propaganda Due fascist cabal that's tight with US neocons. It is all here.<br><br>Re: Ledeen-<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Ledeen repeatedly urged war or destabilization not just in Iraq but also in Iran, Syria, Lebanon, even Saudi Arabia. "One can only hope that we turn the region into a cauldron, and faster, please," he wrote. "Faster, please" became his mantra, repeated incessantly in his National Review columns.<br><br>Rhapsodizing about war week after week, Ledeen became chief rhetorician for neoconservative visionaries who wanted to remake the Middle East. "Creative destruction is our middle name, both within our own society and abroad," he wrote after the attacks. "We must destroy [our enemies] to advance our historic mission."<br><br>The U.S. must be "imperious, ruthless, and relentless," he argued, until there has been "total surrender" by the Muslim world. "We must keep our fangs bared," he wrote, "we must remind them daily that we Americans are in a rage, and we will not rest until we have avenged our dead, we will not be sated until we have had the blood of every miserable little tyrant in the Middle East, until every leader of every cell of the terror network is dead or locked securely away, and every last drooling anti-Semitic and anti-American mullah, imam, sheikh, and ayatollah is either singing the praises of the United States of America, or pumping gasoline, for a dime a gallon, on an American military base near the Arctic Circle."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to Iraq