Zarqawi dead - confirmed

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Zarqawi dead - confirmed

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:43 pm

The locals don't buy it:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/08/AR2006060800609.html">www.washingtonpost.com/wp...00609.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Neither does Chris Floyd:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd06082006.html">www.counterpunch.org/floyd06082006.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:47 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat, but this from Juan Cole is interesting:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.juancole.com/">www.juancole.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki announced Thursday morning that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been killed, along with 7 aides, in a gun battle with US and Iraqi troops at Baqubah.<br><br><br>Zarqawi had been a significant leader of the Salafi Jihadi radical strain of Islamist volunteers in Iraq, and had succeeded in spreading his ideas to local Iraqis in places like Ramadi. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He engaged in grandstanding when he renamed his group "al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia," even though he had early been critical of al-Qaeda and had a long rivalry with it.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> For background, see the Zarqawi file.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>There is no evidence of operational links between his Salafi Jihadis in Iraq and the real al-Qaeda; it was just a sort of branding that suited everyone, including the US. Official US spokesmen have all along over-estimated his importance.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Leaders are significant and not always easily replaced. But Zarqawi has in my view has been less important than local Iraqi leaders and groups. I don't expect the guerrilla war to subside any time soon.<br><br>Baqubah is dangerous not because of Zarqawi but because it is a mixed Sunni-Shiite and Kurdish area that had Baath military installations and arms depots, and enough Sunni Arabs from the old regime know about them to work them against rising Shiite and Kurdish dominance.<br><br>On the other hand, there have been persistent reports of a split between the main arm of the guerrilla resistance, the Sunni Arab Iraqis, and Zarqawi's group. <br><br>Al-Hayat reports today [Ar.] that groups in Fallujah have launched attacks on Zarqawi followers there after the latter attacked the al-Husain Mosque in the Askari quarter two days ago, destroying the tomb of the founder of the mosque within it. (Salafis influenced by Saudi Wahhabism despise attendance at saints tombs, insisting on a Protestant-like elimination of all intermediaries between human beings and God. Many Islamists in Fallujah are actually Sufis, who value saints in the way rural Catholics do.) An attempt by the radical Salafis to destroy the mosque (on the grounds that it had been tainted with polytheism) was stopped by the "1920 Revolution Brigades," a local ex-Baathist group. There was a running gun battle between the two.<br><br>Zarqawi's group had also tried two days ago to attack a Fallujah police station, but they were repulsed by local tribal youth. The battle left two cars burned and 4 dead from the tribe of Al-Bu `Isa.<br><br>posted by Juan @ 6/08/2006 06:30:00 AM 11 <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 6/8/06 8:52 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:14 am

Zarqawi - Everywhere & Nowhere: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GG07Ak02.html">www.atimes.com/atimes/Mid...7Ak02.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby NewKid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:20 am

Didn't you see the pictures of him shooting the machine gun? Or the recent pictures of his corpse? How much proof do you need that the threat is real and this is a major victory in the global war on terror? <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:57 am

Avoiding attacking a terrorist mastermind: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/">www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby NewKid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:39 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>In January 2003, the threat turned real. Police in London arrested six terror suspects and discovered a ricin lab connected to the camp in Iraq.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Sorry MSNBC (and your brethren in the liberal media), but the threat turned real on September 11th when Islamofascists attacked us at home. Man, why do they always turn to traitors like Cressy who want to do nothing but undermine the President's policies in the GWOT. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

Postby NewKid » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:58 am

<br>Yikes! Storming parliament, beheading Harper, and attacking the CBC.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://xymphora.blogspot.com/2006/06/canadas-strassmeir.html" target="top">xymphora.blogspot.com/2006/06/canadas-strassmeir.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Our enemies are inside the walls. <p></p><i></i>
NewKid

baffled by the media propaganda

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:35 am

ok so i wake up this morning, i turn my tv on and i hear the local news bimbo on tv say <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>'Now that al zarqawi is dead, who will now head the insurgency in iraq</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->?' isn't that such complete crap? the insurgency is just terrorists not anti-occupationalist iraq nationalists? wtf? she was reading off the prompter too, i could tell.<br><br>ok so 20 minutes later good morning america comes on, about maybe 12 minutes in they put martha radditz on who broke the story about zarqawi dying. she was asked a question <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>'so who will head al qaeda in iraq now?'</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> so martha said something to the effect that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>'zarqawi had such an iconic status officials believe the position won't be replaced'.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> absolutely hilarious.<br><br>so 3 minutes later they put the old counter terrorism czar richard clarke on. what stuck out the most for me was when he said <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>'now that zarqawi is caught we should worry about retaliatory attacks. zarqawi used to have cells in italy, and germany and other places as well.'</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>read that again. the world cup is in munich, germany. i believe thats where zarqawi's cell was. theres been talk in recent weeks on the GLP forum that there may be a terrorist attack on the world cup used to blame on iran. <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dugoboy@rigorousintuition>dugoboy</A> at: 6/9/06 7:39 am<br></i>
dugoboy

Bring out yer Dead...

Postby Gouda » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:05 am

"I'm not dead yet." <br>--Old (but happy) Man, a victim of the plague's corpse collectors<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Our man had Nine Lives, right down to the end...<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>U.S. military: Al-Zarqawi alive when troops arrived</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was alive on a stretcher and tried to move off it when U.S. troops reached the wounded terrorist leader after his safe house had been bombed, a U.S. general said at a news conference Friday.<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br>"Zarqawi did survive the airstrike," Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, the spokesman for the U.S. military in Baghdad said. "We did in fact see him alive."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>"There was some kind of movement on the stretcher and he died shortly thereafter," he said.<br><br>Iraqi police had arrived on the scene of Wednesday's bomb attack first and put al-Zarqawi on the stretcher, Caldwell said. The U.S. forces arrived later and identified al-Zarqawi, leader of al Qaeda in Iraq....<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/09/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/WORL...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I don't suppose we’ll be seeing the video footage of Zarqawi rolling off the stretcher any time soon - although at this point, they'll probably even give us that to look at. Leaked of course. Maybe he will <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>rise</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> again. This is all striking me as excessively bizarre, and/or absurd. <br><br>***<br><br>Meanwhile, the latest al-Zawahiri tape is aired today (recorded before Zawahiri's death) and he refers to Zawahiri as such: <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>God bless the prophet of Islam in Iraq, the persistent hero of Islam, the Holy Warrior Abu Musab al-Zarqawi</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->," al-Zawahiri said.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/09/zawahiri.ap/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/WORL...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Thus, with Z. being killed on the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>anniversary of Mohammad's death</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, as HMKGrey pointed out, the psyops get heavier... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 6/9/06 9:10 am<br></i>
Gouda

Re: Bring out yer Dead...

Postby HMKGrey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:42 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Zarqawi did survive the airstrike," Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, the spokesman for the U.S. military in Baghdad said. "We did in fact see him alive."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Hmmm... I saw the explosions on CNN and I'm no expert on these things but, given that I'm guessing that for starters building code in Iraq isn't exactly up to much and that the house wasn't very big to begin with, I'd say this is clearly utter nonsense. <br><br>Let's face it, we don't even know for sure that the house we saw being bombed and the rubble were one and the same. It's highly likely that if it was indeed Zarqawi (jury's out on that) that he was turned in and killed by his own people and the whole 'intelligence' thing is a complete sham much like the whole Saddam fiasco... not to mention the rescue of Jessica Lynch. <br><br><br>dugoboy said:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>read that again. the world cup is in munich, germany. I believe thats where Zarqawi's cell was. theres been talk in recent weeks on the GLP forum that there may be a terrorist attack on the world cup used to blame on iran.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This is the bit that scares me. The script here has taken a double bluff twist. One could argue that the WC has always been a likely target for a synthetic attack. It's not in the UK and it's not in the US which, of course, insulates Bush and Blair from any foul cries on their own border protection policies. By offing Zarqawi yesterday they created an immediate easily explained and understood pretext for an attack: REVENGE. Who would argue with this? It makes perfect sense. A few dead football hooligans, life breathed in to both Bush and Blair's woeful numbers and the good British public will be blood thirsty as all Hell after their national sport is attacked.<br><br>I pray that I'm wrong. <p></p><i></i>
HMKGrey

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:02 pm

me too.<br><br>that 'zarqawi was still alive' story is bizarre. hes like the fuckin terminator apparently. the way they told it, they acted like he was blown to pieces. <br><br>heres a interesting raw story report:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/The_real_heroes_of_Zarqawis_fall_0608.html" target="top"><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Raw uncovers the 'real heroes' of Musab al-Zarqawi's fall</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> </a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->: <br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Although most reports cite Jordanian intelligence as having played a large role in identifying the location of a safe House in Baqubah where Zarqawi was killed on Wednesday, US and foreign intelligence sources tell Raw that in actuality, Jordanian intelligence involvement – if any – was minimal.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>it later goes on to say that basically Task Force 145 found zarqawi, so guess what? no $25 million bounty to be payed, how laughable.<br><br>other events:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-06-09T121359Z_01_L13443169_RTRUKOC_0_US-NUCLEAR-IRAN.xml&archived=False" target="top"><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Iran has until July to consider atomic offer</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->:<br><br>Iran has until the Group of Eight (G8 ) summit in mid-July to consider an offer of incentives to suspend its nuclear enrichment program, Austrian Chancellor Wolfgang Schuessel was quoted as saying on Friday.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1794089,00.html?gusrc=rss" target="top"><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">Hamas official killed in Israeli air strike</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br><br><br> <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dugoboy@rigorousintuition>dugoboy</A> at: 6/9/06 10:07 am<br></i>
dugoboy

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:14 pm

Yes, something does smell a bit funny about this, including the possibility that anyone survived that size of ordnance. Take a look at the picture of him at this link, enlarge it even.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=12481333&src=eDialog/GetContent">go.reuters.com/newsArticl...GetContent</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Iraqi police first reached the bombed safe house in a village north of Baghdad and put Zarqawi on a stretcher, Caldwell said. U.S. ground forces then arrived and identified Zarqawi, who died shortly afterward. <br><br>"He was conscious initially, according to the U.S. forces that physically saw him. He obviously had some kind of visual recognition of who they were because he attempted to roll off the stretcher, as I am told, and get away, realizing it was U.S. military," Caldwell said.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br><br><br><br><br>Isn't he supposed to be dead in the picture? But if he was alive when the Iraqis got there first, and then was put on a stretcher, then died, you'd think the background would be different. I suppose they could have placed him on the ground after he died. Also wondering if the Iraqi police were there to witness his dying. Just suppose they captured him alive, put out the story of his death. Then no one can bug them while they torture him for the fun of it...I mean to get more information. So, where is the body now? Will they be displaying it the way they did for the bodies of Saddam's sons? Also, what happened to the reports of a child dying in the bombing? That bit seems to have disappeared. Anybody capturing all these breaking reports for future reference? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:15 pm

um, this just occured to me, what if something does happen at the WC? something major? it means we knew by like 3 weeks that this was the event that finally did it. <br><br> <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Postby Gouda » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Who the hell is <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>writing</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> this stuff? Have the big boys decided to let some amateur mindwar officers-in-training have a go? <br><br>***<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"He was conscious initially, according to the U.S. forces that physically saw him. He obviously had some kind of visual recognition of who they were because he attempted to roll off the stretcher, as I am told, and get away, realizing it was U.S. military," Caldwell said.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> HUH?! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 6/9/06 10:26 am<br></i>
Gouda

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 pm

Hmmm, just wondering how hard it would be to photoshop a portrait of the "dead Zarqawi". Let's face it, we can't exactly trust the Bush DNA tests, after their WMD and other mulitple lies, now can we? That other reality of theirs? Oh, yes, they washed the blood off his face because they were "respecting" him. Haahaa. They wanted to make sure we all "recognized" him. Zarqawi was the Bush icon, not an icon for the Iraqis, the alternate reality. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

PreviousNext

Return to Iraq