'Hadji Girl' - Marine music video of killing Iraqi family

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'Hadji Girl' - Marine music video of killing Iraqi family

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:15 am

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2058313056450546087&q=Hadji+Girl">video here</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Music Video About Marine Sparks Anger</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>June 13</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>A music video posted to the Internet, telling a tale about a U.S. Marine killing members of an Iraqi family, is being condemned by an Islamic group and investigated by the Marine Corps.<br><br>The four-minute video, called "Hadji Girl," appears to be sung by a Marine in front of a cheering audience. The lyrics talk about the Marine gunning down members of an Iraqi woman's family after they confront him with automatic weapons.<br><br>Lt. Col. Scott Fazekas, a spokesman for the Marines, said Tuesday that the Marines were aware of a video posted on the Internet that "purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis." Fazekas said officials don't know the identity of the singer or whether he is in the military.<br><br>The song was "inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines," Fazekas said. He said Marine officers are looking into the matter.<br><br>Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that in light of recent allegations of atrocities committed by Marines in Haditha and other towns in Iraq, the video should be investigated by the Pentagon and Congress.<br><br>"The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel," said Awad.<br><br>The video was posted anonymously on the http://www.youtube.com Web site, but was removed. It is still available on CAIR's web site. A Hadji is a pilgrim who journeys to Mecca, but CAIR said the word has often been used as a disparaging term by U.S. troops in Iraq.<br><br>"The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom," Fazekas said. "We agree with the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations that the inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."<br><br>The singer is shown playing a guitar and singing about meeting an Iraqi woman and then being confronted by her brother and father, who have guns. The lyrics describe the Marine pulling the woman's little sister in front of him and watching blood spray from her head.<br><br>He then sings about blowing the father and brother "to eternity." <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/13/D8I7FPPO0.html">www.breitbart.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 'Hadji Girl' - Marine music video of killing Iraqi famil

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:42 am

You wouldn't believe the attitude of most of the soldiers deployed to Iraq. I spent alot of time with these guys when they'd return to the states. Not much to say about it really, but for the most part, they despised being there as much as the Iraqi's despised having them. Our cultures are so different the only way for most of the soldiers to co-exist comfortably is through a perpetual state of mockery and contempt.<br><br>These kids have no business being in a world they completely fail to grok.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

battle of the bands

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:06 am

"I'd Tell You But..." by <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.anti-flag.com/microsite/index.php">Anti-Flag</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Your invasion was a crime<br>Your (see through) righteous explanations lies<br>kicking in our doors, raids at night<br>won't win our heart, you've lost your minds<br>Your killing of my family<br>did not make a fan of me<br>If this is what your freedom reaps<br>keep it for your united states<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I'd tell you all these things but I can't speak because...<br><br>I'm dead, I'm dead</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>my life is life no more<br>I'm dead, I'm dead<br>your bullets cut into my flesh<br>Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh<br><br>I loved to read, write poetry<br>I loved my friends, my family<br>I loved the sand, I loved the sea<br>the water splashing over me<br>now I will haunt you in your dreams<br>never another restful sleep<br>I'll forever be by your side<br>in life your victim, death your pride<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>my memory will haunt you when awake or asleep because...<br><br>I'm dead, I'm dead</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>my life is life no more<br>I'm dead, I'm dead<br>your bullets cut into my flesh<br>Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh<br><br>your cluster bombs ripped me to shreds.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rigorousintuition>Rigorous Intuition</A> at: 6/14/06 9:07 am<br></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:56 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=recent&rid=20952">www.officialwire.com/main...&rid=20952</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:59 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>This song was written in good humor and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally. . .I blew those little f**kers to eternity. . .They should have known they were f**king with the Marines."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Sounds like this guy's lyrics could start off a few RI blog posts.. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Return to Iraq