Encounter in a bar

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Encounter in a bar

Postby professorpan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:38 am

After my hideous encounter with a "bomb 'em all" racist at a party this past weekend, I had a different sort of encounter today.<br><br>I ate lunch with a friend at a sushi bar. I was wearing my "Bring the Troops Home!" button. The last time I wore it at that restaurant, one of the waiters said, "Do you ever get shit for wearing that?"<br><br>"Not really. Especially not these days."<br><br>"I'm surprised," he said. He snickered and walked away.<br><br>Today was different.<br><br>The bartender said, "I like your button." He was an Asian guy, probably in his mid-to-late 20s. <br><br>"Thanks," I said.<br><br>"My brother's over there. I have three relatives in Iraq."<br><br>"I hope they all make it home okay," I said. <br><br>"My brother was supposed to be done, but they sent him back."<br><br>I shook my head. "That sucks."<br><br>"And you know, the one thing no one talks about is the suicides. My brother had a friend who killed himself. And another guy came home and shot himself."<br><br>I just shook my head. I didn't know what to say to that.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Encounter in a bar

Postby bvonahsen » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:32 am

And heaven forbid that they ask for mental health services, or anyone for that matter. <br><br>What a messed up way to run a country. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby StarmanSkye » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:43 am

"What a messed up way to run a country."<br><br>!!!!!<br><br>... AND the World.<br>(Shaking head);<br><br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
StarmanSkye

Postby 4911 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:23 am

"Thought you was gonna ask me about the pig!"<br><br>-Der Bush at a recent press conference in germany when asked about his thoughts on the current situation in the middle-east. A roasted pig was on the lunchmenu. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=4911>4911</A> at: 7/21/06 9:24 am<br></i>

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:11 pm

We had a kid come back from Iraq after a 'successful' deployment that we had done some tattoo work on before his departure. When he came back in, his family and friends was with him, everyone was ecstatic the kids were home, etc. The guy got himself a great big tattoo on his arm to celebrate returning home.<br><br>And shot himself deader than dead in the barracks that same night.<br><br>I put in my notice at the shop not long after that. <p>____________________<br>Oderint, dum metuant</p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby sunny » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:14 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Thought you was gonna ask me about the pig!"<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>They did you bastard! No answer the question. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby dugoboy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:24 pm

i actually have a cousin whos going to iraq now. its more than likely. shes 21 and she was only going into the army for college money but guess what happened?<br><br>i tell you i did not think i'd have a personal connection to that fucking bullshit in iraq but now its happening. and if she dies? <br><br>its over. <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Return to Iraq