300 Dead Troops Covered Up in Forward Base Falcon Disaster

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

300 Dead Troops Covered Up in Forward Base Falcon Disaster

Postby Fearless » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:50 pm

From TBR News, which publishes Voice of the Whitehouse. The names of the 300 dead are at the link. I haven't been able to confirm this with any other source. Thread was promptly deleted at DU. Someone had posted a link to the story where the base spokesman said there were no injuries, but the thread was gone before I could get the link.<br><br>Another Disastrous Coverup<br><br>Forward Base Falcon Disaster<br><br>by Brian Harring <br><br>Late on the evening of October 10, 2006, Iraqi resistance groups lobbed mortar and rocket rounds into the immense ‘Forward Base Falcon,’ the largest American military base in Iraq, located 13 km south of the Green Zone in Baghdad. In addition to accurate mortar fire, Grad and Katyusha rockets were also used. <br><br>Falcon base was designed to house a large contingent of American troops, mostly drawn from the 4th Infantry Division, stationed at Fr. Bliss, Texas. At the time of the attack, there were approximately 3000 men inside the camp, which also was filled with ammunition supplies, fuel, tanks and vehicles. <br><br>Iraqi contractors had assisted in the construction of the camp, which occupied nearly a square mile and was surrounded with guard tower-studded high concrete walls, and it is now apparent that the Resistance movement had been given important targets from “sources familiar with the layout” of the base. <br><br>After the initial shelling, fuel and ammunition stores began to erupt with massive explosions that could be heard, and seen, miles away inside the Green Zone where U.S. military and diplomatic units were heavily guarded. <br><br>The explosions, all of them termed “immense” by BBC reporters, continued throughout the night. <br><br>...<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2547.htm#001" target="top">TBR News</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=fearless@rigorousintuition>Fearless</A> at: 10/21/06 8:15 pm<br></i>
Fearless

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 300 Dead Troops Covered Up in Forward Base Falcon Disast

Postby yesferatu » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:21 pm

Why was this man's name in bold?<br>Master Sgt. Chad Romer, 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division<br>...any significance as to who this guy was, or just a font error in the list?<br><br>300 dead is not a surprise. We knew it was a HUGE coverup...we had two threads about it. My only surprise is it took less than a month for the facts to come out. I thought they could keep it covered up MUCH longer.<br><br>300 dead. <br><br>But watch. The sunday morning propaganda tv shows will not discuss it.<br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
yesferatu

Postby Fearless » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:52 pm

There seems to be alot of font differences at the source.<br><br>Even considering the source, I think the chances of it being true are pretty good. <p></p><i></i>
Fearless

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:43 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.bringemhome.org">www.bringemhome.org</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>What I meant is that there have been no reports of MIA's or POW's for the duration of the current Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. That seems incredible to me.<br><br>--The lack on POW/MIA mention is troubling. I would expect about a hundred MIA over the course, to date. POW's could be as high as forty. <br><br>-As much hatred as we have placed, on deposit, over there, we are going to be like the French trying to evacuate Dien Bien Phu. The stupidity of command never ceases to amaze me.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.libertyforum.org/showflat.php?Cat=3&Board=news_news&Number=295002651&page=&view=&sb=&o=&part=1&vc=1&t=0">www.libertyforum.org/show...1&vc=1&t=0</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Those casualty figures of thousands for an ammo dump fireworks show are crazy stupid. But when the retreat out of Baghdad begins then numbers like that will probably be low end. Figure that for the 140,000 troops in Iraq only 10,000 to 15,000 thousand of them go outside the wire to fight the rest are REMF's, which means when the retreat out of Iraq begins the insurgents will have what amounts to a herd of three legged Wildebeasts to prey upon. Think of all those Private Susies in the ANG captured like dirty, jammed M-16 Jessica Lynch paraded around as captured war trophies. That is why James Baker is in Iraq to negotiate a retreat out of the country, he will fail of course, and this will make the Bataan Death March look like a stroll. <br><br>Another Disastrous Coverup Forward Base Falcon Disaster <br><br>Another report, posted on that well known mainstream news outlet, CraigsList. <br><br>HUGE MEDIA COVERUP: US Falcon Arsenal in Iraq Destroyed by Mujahideen<br><br>Bush is meeting today with his military commanders ... this disaster is likely the focus and reason for this meeting and Bush is probably chewing some ass about now ... but its too late ... the horse has already escaped the barn. <br><br><br>If the Generals are smart, they will band together and charge Bush with treason rather than to take the fall for him. <br><br><br>If these casuality numbers are correct, and they likely are, then members of this government deserve to be confronted with the results of this crime and summarily tried and punished like the criminals they are. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2006/10/12/5939.shtml">www.kavkazcenter.com/eng/...5939.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>9 Transport Planes Ferried American Dead Bodies From Baghdad<br>Publication time: 12 October 2006, 08:22 <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:19 am

You'd think the generals would know that there isn't a legitimate chain of command with an un-elected war criminal pretending to be commander in chief.<br><br>Semper fi? <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Return to Iraq