mccain made a mistake choosing palin.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby zhivkov » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:45 am

Funny Stewart quote! I was in total disbelief as I watched the Palin 2012 movement start. There are some things about the US I will never understand-cabbage patch dolls and Mrs. Palin's popularity being a few. Hopefully sarah's star will fade very soon-but nothing would surprise me anymore. Thanks again for all of the links and info.
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby bigearth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 pm

your welcome, sir! Image

I felt comfortable from the very beginning with my role, says Palin

By Guy Adams in Los Angeles
Tuesday, 11 November 2008

REUTERS
The publishing industry still detects an enormous public appetite for Palin's authorised life story

Back in her day job, and still wearing those trouser suits, Sarah Palin denied yesterday that she had been under-prepared for the vice-presidency, saying she felt "comfortable from the very beginning" with the role of John McCain's deputy.

The Alaskan Governor used her first major interview since Tuesday's election to emphasise her pride at having become the first female candidate on a Republican Party electoral ticket.

"It felt like there had been doors open through the years, and I ploughed through some doors on my own that hadn't been opened but went through them anyway," she told On the Record, a current affairs show on Fox News. "But there was a lot of preparation and opportunity that met at the same time."

Mrs Palin's interview, with Greta Van Susteren, was recorded on Saturday in the pine-panelled kitchen of her family home. Though its contents were kept under wraps until late last night, she was expected to discuss her tense relationship with aides to John McCain. The interview contained several lighter moments. In a preview clip, she said the last media guests to visit her house, a crew from People magazine, had enjoyed close encounters with the Alaskan wildlife.

"This momma duck and all her babies waddled across the yard, and immediately after, a momma moose and three male calves that had just been dropped down the driveway a couple of days earlier came prancing across the lawn," she said. The Fox interview was the first of a series which many observers believe will be the start of an effort by Mrs Palin to position herself for a presidential bid in 2012. Today, she will appear on NBC's Today programme; on Wednesday she's due to be grilled by CNN.

Later today, John McCain is expected to be the studio guest on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.

link
. is it a wise man, who knows that he is not wise
. it's good to have cynicism but not be cynical
. the more truth you live with, in your life, the stronger you are
. intelligence is merely an attitude to knowledge and learning
bigearth

Postby zhivkov » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks for the new link bigearth! This country is nuts-why would there be an enormous public appetite for Palin?- :signwhut:
"you gave me in secret one thing to perceive, the tall blue starry strangeness of being here at all"-Franz Wright
zhivkov

Postby bigearth » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:30 pm

beats me...she obviously thinks she's prez material :roll:

Palin: God May Lead Me To Top Job
10:03am UK, Tuesday November 11, 2008

Defeated Republican Sarah Palin has suggested she might run for president in the next US election - and says she hopes God will show her the way.

Sarah Palin during her first interview since the US election, picture: Fox News

There has already been talk of the Alaska Governor and former vice-presidential candidate going for the top job in 2012, even before she and John McCain lost this month's election.

In her first sit-down TV interview since the defeat, Mrs Palin said: "I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door.

"Show me where the open door is. Even if it's cracked up a little bit, maybe I'll plough right on through that and maybe prematurely plough through it.

"But don't let me miss an open door,
" Mrs Palin said in an interview on Fox News' On The Record programme.

Palin may run for the top job

The 44-year-old first-term governor, whose term ends in two years, said she could not predict the future but added it would be "very exciting" to have an opportunity to serve in a greater capacity.

"If there is an open door in 2012 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plough through that door," Mrs Palin said.

In a wide-ranging interview, Mrs Palin said she neither wanted nor asked for the £97,000-plus of clothes the Republican Party bankrolled.

"I did not order the clothes. Did not ask for the clothes. I would have been happy to have worn my own clothes from Day One.

"But that is kind of an odd issue, an odd campaign issue as things were wrapping up there as to who ordered what and who demanded what."

As Mr McCain's surprise pick in a hard-fought campaign against Democrat Barack Obama, Mrs Palin attracted controversy but also a strong following in the Republican Party's conservative base.

Palin blamed Bush administration for defeat

In a separate interview, she blamed President Bush's administration for the defeat of the McCain-Palin ticket in last week's election.

"I think the Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years."

She added: "Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a 10 trillion dollar debt in a Republican administration?

"So people desiring change I think went as far from the administration that is presently seated as they could. It's amazing that we did as well as we did.
"

link
bigearth

Postby bigearth » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 pm

bigearth wrote:She added: "Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a 10 trillion dollar debt in a Republican administration?

"So people desiring change I think went as far from the administration that is presently seated as they could. It's amazing that we did as well as we did.
"

you see, there is even some light in the darkness of sarah palin's head!

i REALLY didn't think it was possible to find a more simplistic, simple folksy person than monkey-boy...!

Last edited by bigearth on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigearth

Postby zhivkov » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

I just had to respond to this 'money boy' and 'monkey-boy'. There used to be a site devoted to 43's simian attributes. I found it some time ago-2004-2005-tonight while I am searching for other things-if I can find it I will come back with a link. Sometimes if you didn't laugh in this country you could literally die of depression and anger. Thanks again :D
zhivkov

Postby bigearth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm

zhivkov wrote:I just had to respond to this 'money boy' and 'monkey-boy'. There used to be a site devoted to 43's simian attributes. I found it some time ago-2004-2005-tonight while I am searching for other things-if I can find it I will come back with a link. Sometimes if you didn't laugh in this country you could literally die of depression and anger. Thanks again :D

aah, you got me on ANOTHER typo..now fixed :roll:

..was this what you were after?!

bigearth

Postby bigearth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm

i just counted, i got 76 images ;)

bigearth

Postby bigearth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm

i think this is the scariest one:

bigearth

Postby zhivkov » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 pm

bigearth-that was the site-my connection was starting to blink out on my computer so I am typing fast-thanks so much- funny stuff-sometimes you just have to laugh-thanks again :D
That last one is the worst-you know whats really funny is that I thought you meant 'money boy' hehe
zhivkov

Previous

Return to Deep Politics