"Bizarre Sex Habits of The Extreme Right-Wing"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Just Like Gannon

Postby Irony » Tue May 10, 2005 3:26 pm

I just finished the Jeff Gannon Vanity Fair interview/puff piece, so your comments about Horsley seem to mesh. Being born again does wipe your slate clean, and pointing out Horsley admitted (without shame!) to banging Bossie in his "youth" (man my youth was so boring compared to these guys') will raise cries of "Bestiphobia!" the same way pointing out Jeff Gannon was a male prostitute WHILE working the WH Briefing Room is "homophobia."<br><br>Man, you just can't call a spade a spade anymore. My apologies for using the word spade. <p></p><i></i>
Irony

Blog: View Blog (0)

Kinsey

Postby chiggerbit » Tue May 10, 2005 3:53 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.crisismagazine.com/may2004/kinsey.htm">www.crisismagazine.com/ma...kinsey.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Even "considering the source", this article gives some food for thought. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

beasts and men

Postby anon » Tue May 10, 2005 7:27 pm

Very strange that this guy could talk about bestiality on TV AND admit to being involved with it. Interesting also that it came about the same time that Laura Bush was trying to improve GW's image at the press/WH party. Did you see the clip? Laura says that GW didn't know the difference between a horse and a cow because he tried to milk the horse. AND THEN SHE SAYS "it was a male horse". So you're left with the image of George masterbating a horse. Huh? Why would anyone want to leave with that image, unless like the guy talking about bestiality it is a way to bring all the born agains into the fold. Something like: "see, we ALL do these things, so don't go feelin bad about it, join us." <p></p><i></i>
anon

A fairly brilliant observation

Postby RDR » Tue May 10, 2005 7:40 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>...And all this on national tv - as if he is beyond reproach for his actions! Are we being conditioned to accept anyone's past behavior, if they claim to have been "young and a fool with raging hormones" and now "know better"? Just as the priests should be forgiven and suffer no consequences for their past sins of child abuse - because they have repented to God? And I have seen many suggestions that people who are now in the right-wing religious fundamentalist camp should not be held accountable for their past actions - because they are born again. What a convenient thing this being "born again" is....</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Not only that, but it's something that flamboyantly right-wing Christians can actually <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>hold in reserve</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> in the event of their exposure. But no one else is allowed such impunity, in the course of "forgiveness." <br><br>On a personal level, abuse of religious principles doesn't get any worse than that. I'm feeling my fury rise...as a Christian who's sick and tired of hearing the Right Wing play the victim card, as if we're victims of persecution in this society. <p></p><i></i>
RDR

masturbating horse

Postby chiggerbit » Tue May 10, 2005 7:41 pm

And they call him a cowboy? What an insult to cowboys. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

wiping slate clean

Postby chiggerbit » Tue May 10, 2005 7:50 pm

It's beginning to reek of magic. Reminds me of when I was a kid and playing cowboy and Indians. We could bring the killed back to life by tagging them. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Laura Bush Works Blue

Postby RDR » Tue May 10, 2005 8:02 pm

There's another one. She sounds like Blowfly. I'm trying to imagine another First Lady who would have been given a pass for a routine like that...right down to working their "M.I.L.F. potential." <br><br>Just another Desperate Housewife, from the land of Good Old Boys...<br><br>The "stallion joke" is even crazier when one realizes that the difference in anatomy of a stallion from that of a cow is completely different, and you'd have to be a city person not to know otherwise. As a joke, it doesn't make sense. As a phallic reference with intimations of homoeroticism that stops just short of being explicit, it's jackpot. <br><br>As Michael Aquino reminds us, Mindwar is Total. "Confusion to the Enemy." Which includes both misguided True Believer Rigid Christian Rightists and Libertines longing to feel at home inside of the down-low coalition of the wink-and-nod Republican Big Tent of Closeted Privilege, along with as much of the rest of the electorate as they can bamboozle, if I don't miss my guess... <br><br>( Incidentally, who was Aquino's superior on the Mindwar paper- you know, the guy whose name is misspelled on the frontspiece of the widely available pdf document? <br><br>Paul Vallely, who retired as a general. And what is Mr. Vallely's "post-retirement" career? Military consultant for Fox News. And book author, he's a leading WW4 hyper. )<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
RDR

How Far We've Come

Postby RDR » Tue May 10, 2005 8:15 pm

When I was a teenager- the Scary Sixties- Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts records were sold to "adults only." <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ibiblio.org/hotnuts/history.html">www.ibiblio.org/hotnuts/history.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Now you have a First Lady basically mining from the same stash as their material, for a public speech in front of the National Press Corps. <p></p><i></i>
RDR

What I don't mean to imply

Postby RDR » Wed May 11, 2005 1:29 am

...is that George and Laura Bush get their marching orders from Michael Aquino. Or vice versa, for that matter...I doubt that George Bush has the time to confer with Aquino as part of his inner circle of advisers. (But who really knows?)<br><br>However, I'm very much an adherent to the notion of the role of middlemen as "change agents" capable of influencing policy in subtle but nonetheless often powerful and pervasive ways, right up to the top.<br><br>For instance, Karl Rove's win-at-any-cost adoption of psychological warfare tactics to electoral politics shares a lot of overlap with the Vallely-Aquino precepts of Mindwar. If he hasn't read the Vallely-Aquino paper, he's certainly absorbed most of the "lessons" they're proselytizing. <br><br>I do think that there was a conscious political subtext in Laura's blue comedy routine at the Press Club. Rhetorical feints toward "social liberalism" carry little or no political cost to American conservatives. For some reason, they're less likely to generate derision or criticism than rhetorical nods toward social conservatism by "liberals" such as Hillary Clinton. Perhaps that's because what used to be called "fast and loose" social mores exemplify how a large fraction of Americans, arguably the majority- Republicans scarcely less than anyone else- live their lives in this opening decade of the 21st century. <br><br>Successful and unscrupulous politicians want their messages to be "understood" both ways, whenever they can get it... <p></p><i></i>
RDR

trying to imagine

Postby chiggerbit » Wed May 11, 2005 2:43 am

I'm really trying to imagine.....Hillary getting by with saying that about Bill. Nope, just can't get my brain to accept that one. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

back to Jeopardy

Postby RDR » Thu May 12, 2005 3:06 am

For the Daily Double, name the "openly closeted" gay right-wing Roman Catholic Cardinal, perhaps the most well-known American Catholic of the mid-20 century, founder of such institutions as the American Knights of Malta and the Catholic Legion of Decency, top-secret cleared official envoy for every President from FDR to Kennedy, close friend of J. Edgar Hoover, Roy Cohn, and the Luces, a man so powerful he was known as the American Pope? <br><br>That would be...<br><br> <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.signorile.com/articles/nyp25.html">www.signorile.com/articles/nyp25.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
RDR

Anally raping your wife for Jesus

Postby professorpan » Thu May 12, 2005 11:36 am

Another "family values" fundamentalist Bushite exposed:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://tinyurl.com/ab9fr">tinyurl.com/ab9fr</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Dr. W. David Hager is a prominent obstetrician-gynecologist and Bush Administration appointee to the Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) -- and a serial sodomizer (non-consensual, of course) of his wife.<br><br>from the article:<br><br>Back at Asbury, Hager cast himself as a victim of religious persecution in his sermon. "You see...there is a war going on in this country," he said gravely. "And I'm not speaking about the war in Iraq. It's a war being waged against Christians, particularly evangelical Christians. It wasn't my scientific record that came under scrutiny [at the FDA]. It was my faith.... By making myself available, God has used me to stand in the breach.... Just as he has used me, he can use you."<br><br>Up on the dais, several men seated behind Hager nodded solemnly in agreement. But out in the audience, Linda Carruth Davis--co-author with Hager of Stress and the Woman's Body, and, more saliently, his former wife of thirty-two years--was enraged. "It was the most disgusting thing I've ever heard," she recalled months later, through clenched teeth. <br><br>According to Davis, Hager's public moralizing on sexual matters clashed with his deplorable treatment of her during their marriage. Davis alleges that between 1995 and their divorce in 2002, Hager repeatedly sodomized her without her consent. Several sources on and off the record confirmed that she had told them it was the sexual and emotional abuse within their marriage that eventually forced her out. "I probably wouldn't have objected so much, or felt it was so abusive if he had just wanted normal [vaginal] sex all the time," she explained to me. "But it was the painful, invasive, totally nonconsensual nature of the [anal] sex that was so horrible." <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Mark Morford on Jim West

Postby professorpan » Thu May 12, 2005 11:56 am

A very insightful look at the Jim West scandal, with a personal twist.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2005/05/11/notes051105.DTL&nl=fix">sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DTL&nl=fix</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Excellent piece by Morford, thanks

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu May 12, 2005 12:36 pm

Morford's always good, but that he can make this story personal makes this a must read.<br><br>Excerpt:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>And there it is. Not merely a sad closeted gay Republican mayor using his office to cruise for and have regular sex with all manner of incredibly young but still of-age males, but allegedly a true-blue pedophile, a child molester, a bona fide, first-class, card-carrying demon. Could it be possible? <br><br>I was there. I was a Boy Scout at the time West is accused of molesting boys and I even traveled on Scouting retreats with him, and even I recall (and my parents tell me) there were rumors and innuendos swirling about West's predilections even back then, askance concern about sending young boys off to overnight getaways with West because, well, something seemed a little amiss. Not necessarily evil, not necessarily predatory, just ... amiss. <br><br>But the rumors were never really elucidated, never really validated. No one ever openly accused West of anything or even openly asked just what the hell his sexual preferences were, so far as I know. Which might seem odd but which was, for the time period in question, not the slightest bit uncommon. <br><br>...<br><br>It's the fact that, in West's case, you can still sleep at night after you've voted against gay love and railed against healthy teen sex and bashed women's rights and criticized adult/youth sex when you are, in fact, so confused and lost and deeply engaged in much of it yourself that it's very likely your mangled, hypocritical mind has lost the ability to distinguish between informed, consensual, happily kinky adult relationships and, say, abusing the honest trust of a pre-teen boy. Or, for that matter, many boys. <br><br>Join that party and toe that line and swallow that nasty doctrine and spit it out into the world like oozing red-meat dogma while you secretly use your power to lure in teenagers and men for sex, and I don't put anything past you, Jim. To my mind, you're capable of anything. Anything at all.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

rdr

Postby chiggerbit » Thu May 12, 2005 2:46 pm

Wasn't there another American Cardinal who died several years ago who had at one time been accused of pedophilia by a man who claimed to have been abused as a boy/teen by the Cardinal? And at the Cardinal's death, the media was quick to assert that the accuser was a liar? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Politics