if you didnt laugh

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

if you didnt laugh

Postby smiths » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:03 am

found this opinion piece and couldnt help but laugh momentarily, bush as the master satirist rolling out gag after gag<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://context.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2005/06/17/120.html">context.themoscowtimes.co...7/120.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>excerpt<br><br>His specialty is the ironic reversal, known by old-time vaudeville gagsters as the "Orwell Twist." For example, you take a man who concocts justifications for torture, kidnapping and the exaltation of presidential authority beyond the reach of law -- and you make him the chief law enforcement officer of the land! It might look easy, but try doing it with a straight face, the way Bush introduced his criminal accomplice Alberto Gonzales as the new Attorney General. It takes real talent to pull off that kind of deadpan.<br><br> Or how about this gem? You steal hundreds of millions of dollars from the public treasury to secretly prepare for a war you've been planning for many years; you tell your closest ally months in advance that the invasion is on, come hell or high water; you unleash a massive bombing campaign against the target months before the war; you deceitfully manufacture and massage evidence to build a bogus case for launching an unprovoked act of aggression against an opponent who has already met all your demands -- and then you tell the world that you only wanted peace! What yocks, eh? Not even Groucho Marx could match such comic subversion.<br><br>somedays i do cry, really let it go, and some days i laugh because i really do have to<br> <p></p><i></i>
smiths

Blog: View Blog (0)

re: Somedays ya just gotta laff to keep from cryin ...

Postby Starman » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:46 am

Bee-U-tee-FuL!<br><br>Precious, too damn true and doggone real;<br><br>It IS too awfully preposterous to grasp sometimes -- And sometimes I think the whole Washington crowd is hooked on some bad shit, tuned to a 24-7 offworld soapopera they think is reality but which my radio lacks the correct transister filter or somethin' to remove the absurd tragicomic idiocy of it all. The deeper one digs into the twisted, supracriminal woof and weave of the Bush Crime syndicate the harder it is to understand such a complete bampoozlement of those who went along with the farce, representing the most sinister betrayal and treason of what America is, far worse than foreign troops in the streets, an evident and obvious enemy to resist with all one's might -- this corporate-neocon takeover is the worst kind, turning neighbor against neighbor, New World carpetbaggers seizing assets from headquarters a half-a-world away -- How's THAT for a taste of neocolonial blowback, the exploitation which was Gummint's stock-in-trade, subverting democracy and social justice for the sake of corporate profits now spreads its bitter reek on the long-gone home of the brave ...<br><br>BTW: Thanks for the link and acidic chuckle! ( ;<br>Starman <p></p><i></i>
Starman

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics