James blunt popstar/James Hillier-Blount uk military elite?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

James blunt popstar/James Hillier-Blount uk military elite?

Postby hmm » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:00 pm

a chance click on a related link next to a mundane article with the title "Royalty row over James Blunt hits" that made me think of antiaristo led me to a classic case of "truth is stranger than fiction"<br><br>mundane article about pop star:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4818362.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/enter...818362.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Royalty row over James Blunt hits<br>By Ian Youngs<br>BBC News entertainment reporter <br><br>James Blunt is locked in a royalties dispute with a producer who says he helped the singer launch his career.<br><br>The UK Performing Rights Society (PRS) has suspended royalties on six songs from Blunt's hit album Back to Bedlam.<br><br>~snip~<br><br>Writing on an internet site, Mr Burton said he met Blunt in 2001 and his music was "crude, occasionally laughably direct, and betrayed his relative lack of musicianship or discernible influence".<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>a chance click:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4701924.stm">news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/enter...701924.stm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Blunt words of sensitive soldier<br><br>James Blunt earned his two Brit Awards after swapping a military career for transatlantic chart success.<br>~snip~<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He was born James Blount in a military hospital in Tidworth, Wiltshire, in 1978</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> - eventually losing the "o" to become a chart star.<br><br>'Secure job'<br><br>After attending boarding school from the age of seven he became one of the youngest holders of a UK private pilot licence.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Both his father and grandfather had served as senior army officers</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, and Blunt followed his schooling with an Army-sponsored degree in Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering and Sociology at Bristol University.<br><br>"Like any parents, mine wanted me to have a secure job with a regular wage and career prospects," Blunt told BBC Norfolk in 2005. <br><br>"And the one job my father knew of, that he'd had experience of himself, was the Army, so he could help me in that direction."<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Having helped pay for Blunt's degree course, the Army then trained him at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and enlisted him in the Life Guards.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>"I didn't always think 'Oh, I'm going to be in the Army,'" he said. "I always thought 'I'm going to be a musician.' The Army was just a delaying thing."<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>During his four years of service Blunt regularly accompanied members of the Royal Family and stood guard as the Queen Mother lay in state for a week in 2002.<br><br>Blunt was promoted to captain and served as a Nato peacekeeper in Kosovo, leading a column of 30,000 troops into Pristina.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>While in Kosovo he wrote the song No Bravery, which would later appear on his debut album.<br><br>"I wrote it lying by my tank in my sleeping bag with my boots on," he said. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"The song is pretty fatalistic. The rest of the album is fatalistic."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Cult US producer<br><br>Having fulfilled his army duty, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Blunt secured a song publishing deal with EMI after presenting them with "some dodgy demos".</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>He then performed at Texas music festival South by Southwest, winning the attention of Linda Perry - the ex-4 Non Blondes member famed for writing and producing songs for Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.<br><br>She awarded Blunt a contract on her Custard Records label and he decamped to Los Angeles to record his album with Tom Rothrock, famed for his production work with cult stars Elliott Smith and Beck.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>While recording in the US he spent five months living in the Beverly Hills home of actress Carrie Fisher, a friend of his ex-girlfriend Dixie Chassay.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.jamesblunt.com/profile_biog.html">www.jamesblunt.com/profile_biog.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>James Blunt<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>James Blunt’s family have served in one kind of army or another since 995 A.D. A long line of warriors. Savages</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> really. Not a musical bone in any one of their bodies. The only music he heard growing up was “Happy Birthday” and “Silent Night”. His father considered all music, even classical, to be unnecessary noise<br><br>~snip~<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>From birth in a military hospital in Tidworth, to Harrow School, to Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering, to the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, to The Household Cavalry, to Kosovo, to Buckingham Palace, to a recording studio in Los Angeles.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>How did James get from there to here?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Only James Blunt’s hairdresser knows for certain, and either he isn’t talking or James cuts his own hair, and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>it’s up to you to join the dots</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>hmm,time to connect some dots..<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/news/news/2005/10/10/25279.shtml">www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/ne...5279.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>James was originally called James Hillier-Blount<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blunt">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blunt</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>educated at Elstree School, Woolhampton, then <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Harrow School</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> (where he received his nickname 'Blunty'), Bristol University, and finally <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. Blunt's father was in the British Army Air Corps, and his family has a long history of military service. The Blunt family is also known for the restoration of Cley windmill.<br><br>Blunt was then a commissioned officer in the Life Guards regiment, a unit of <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>the Household Cavalry</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> of the British Army. He rose to the rank of Captain<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/136672004.htm">www.femalefirst.co.uk/roy...672004.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Royal News James Blunt Honoured To Protect Queen<br><br>2006-02-06 18:14:06<br>Royal News,<br><br>James Blunt says it was "an honour" to guard the Royal family.<br><br>The 'You're Beautiful' singer used to be a member of the Household Cavalry and regularly protected Queen Elizabeth and other senior members of the Royal family.<br><br>He revealed to Radio Times magazine: "If the Queen was riding around in her carriage, I'd be riding beside her on a horse. It's ceremonial but real too. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/12765.html">www.drownedinsound.com/ar...12765.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The Daily Star has claimed that</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> insufferable chart topper <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>James Blunt has royal blood in his veins</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. Shame there's no heart there to pump it.<br><br>The red-top refers to Blunt's original surname Blount, which apparently links him to Bessie Blount, a lover of King Henry VIII.<br><br>The tabloid quotes an expert on such matters: "Judging by James's moneyed background, the area of England he comes from and the uniqueness of the name, the chances of there being some connection are high."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>a brief look at the genealogy for blunt/blount shows his claim to uk royalty/aristocracy is stronger than that<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://homepages.tesco.net/~jamesblunt1/b.htm">homepages.tesco.net/~jamesblunt1/b.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Blount James' real surname is Blount, but it is pronounced the same as Blunt. James changed it because he didn't want people trying to say the hidden "o". The Blount family have a long history connected with the military. James' early ancestors were Danish Vikings, who landed in Flanders in 938 and became the first Counts of Guisnes (near Calais). The surname Blount means "blonde". A famous ancestor of James was Bessie Blount, who was Henry VIII's mistress. The Blount family motto is "Lux Tua Vis Mea" meaning "Your Light Is My Strength" This motto features on the balloon artwork on the album Back To Bedlam.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.familycrest_details/s.Blunt/Blunt_family_Crest/Blunt_coat_of_arms/qx/Blunt.htm">www.houseofnames.com/xq/a.../Blunt.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>First found in Suffolk where the Blounts or Blunts, as they are more modernly called, trace their heritage to the Scandinavian rulers of Denmark, the Viking ancestors of the Normans, specifically to Rudolph, Count of Guisnes, who nobly assisted Duke William of Normandy to conquer the Saxons at Hastings, in <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>1066</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>Some of the first settlers of this name or some of its variants were: John Blount who settled in North Carolina in 1675; Thomas Blount settled in North Carolina in 1695; John Blount settled in Maryland in 1775; John Blunt settled in Virginia in 1652.<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.lamartin.com/genealogy/blount14.htm">www.lamartin.com/genealogy/blount14.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>The major sources for the lineage are the Blount Family Chart, prepared by Miss Helen Prescott, and Burke's History of Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire.<br><br>Arms: Barry nebulae of six or and sable.<br><br>Crest: An armed foot in the sun.<br><br>Motto: Lux--Tua--Via--Mia.<br><br>"Thy Light is My Way."<br><br>Another version of the motto is Lux Tua Vita Mia, or "Thy Light is My Life."<br><br>This very ancient family has given birth to three distinct lines of peers, viz., the Lords of Guisnes in France, the Barons of Ixworth in Suffolk (which Barony ceased with Sir William le Blount, Baron of Ixworth, who was slain under the banner of Montford, Earl of Leicester, at the battle of Lewis), and the Barons of Mountjoy, of Thurveston, County Derby, England, which Barony expired in 1681. (See Burke's Extinct Peerage.) <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Its settlement in England is traced to the Conquest</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, showing the generations as follows:<br><br>I. SIEGFRFED the DANE, 1st Count of Guisnes, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>A. D. 935</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, died 965 <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>grandson of Harold V, 14th King of Denmark</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> from Gorman I. Married Elstrude of Flanders, daughter of Arnold the Great of Flanders, and sister of Baldwin III, whose great-great-granddaughter, Matilda, married William the Conqueror.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>was this ordinary popstar involved in a little psyops during the kosovo war?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/articles/20345345?source=Evening%20Standard">www.thisislondon.co.uk/mu...20Standard</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>A very ordinary pop star<br>By Peter Hardy, Evening Standard<br>14 September 2005<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>What's your rock star son doing today?"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> I asked a few weeks ago when I telephoned my old friend Jane to arrange a game of tennis.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Having lunch with the Queen,"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> she replied. "Is 6pm OK for you?" And he was, and in his jeans, as it later transpired.<br><br>~snip~<br><br>The modern-day Siegfried Sassoon saw action in Kosovo with his guitar strapped to his armoured car and was seen on the news by millions around the world.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Lieutenant James Blunt</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, a troop commander in the Life Guards' D Company, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>was the first British officer into Pristina in 1999</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. As he faced up to the enemy from his armoured car, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>he was seen by viewers to take a call on his mobile phone.<br><br>"James," said a distant crackling female voice, "I wanted to say how proud I am - you look magnificent." The cavalry commander held the gaze of his Serbian opposite number for a further 10 seconds before whispering his reply: "Not now, Granny."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Mobile phones, for unrelated security reasons, have since been blocked by the Army in all active theatres of war. <br><br>~snip~<br><br>Treading water in such a rip tide of public adulation is a difficult task. James is certainly helped by being born a Blount. Such an outwardly traditional Army family, with a retired commanding officer of the Army Air Corps for a father and a grandfather who was once commander of the Tower of London, is an unorthodox stable for rockdom.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>something about the strange themes in his videos<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blunt">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blunt</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The videos for all of Blunt's singles to date feature symbolism and dark imagery.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> In the first video for "High", he is buried in a desert. In the first video for "Wisemen", he is kidnapped and taken hostage. In the video for "You're Beautiful", he alludes to suicide by jumping into an ocean as the final lyrics are sung. The re-release video for "High" then features Blunt running from some unknown predator in a forest. The re-release video for "Wisemen" has Blunt burning identification papers, and then walking through a forest whilst on fire.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: James blunt popstar/James Hillier-Blount uk military eli

Postby km artlu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 am

Nice work hmm. Worth keeping an eye on this chap, as he may now be an even more useful idiot than most.<br><br>On my first trip to London, in the seventies, I found myself in a small social gathering, chatting with a positively gleaming young man of refined demeanor. Making chit-chat I asked how he'd spent Christmas. With the practiced diffidence of his class he said, "Um, having dinner with the Queen, actually."<br><br>Turns out he'd been Household Cavalry. Name of Balfour. A family with interesting elitist manouverings in its history. (google Balfour/Palestine)<br><br>I wonder about the agenda of the Household Cavalry, now that you've shed some light on it. <p></p><i></i>
km artlu

RE

Postby Quentin Quire » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Hmm.<br><br>IMHO I can't really see anything more here than a guy who has had a rich, priviliged background using family contacts to further his way up the ladder. <br><br>Are you suggesting that his rise to fame is some kind of military psychological operation? I find that unlikely ... <p></p><i></i>
Quentin Quire

Re: James blunt popstar/James Hillier-Blount uk military eli

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:14 pm

Youth are the frontline for fascist social engineers.<br>"Keep on rockin' in the free world." lol.<br><br>Just the name 'Blunt' is a psy-ops event similar to movie titles and newspaper headlines.<br><br>He's the MTV equivalent of a Rhodes scholarship.<br><br>What a character Blunt is for integrating the themes of pageantry, mythic history, adventure, militarism, MTV, bringing the Anglo-American alliance to a population that doesn't have the receptors for 'royalty.'<br><br>I see friendlying up middle class Americans to the UK partners in war crimes behind the loading of PBS with 'Britcoms' and NPR with BBC news.<br><br>Americans still trust a British accent because it represents class authority and sophistication to them. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: i consider myself a sceptic

Postby hmm » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:42 am

and i am just as sceptical of conspiracy theories as i am of the accepted historical narrative.<br>That said i am also leftwing and i see (recent) human history as a struggle against aristocracy, privilege and power.<br>so for me this is in a sense the main problem and not a sideshow:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>IMHO I can't really see anything more here than a guy who has had a rich, priviliged background using family contacts to further his way up the ladder.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>now i am not ready to blame everything on illuminati-lizard-overlords but i am aware of the wilder conspiracy theories and posted this as i felt it might interest.<br>I am not ready to suggest his rise to fame is a military psychological operation, i am saying his phonecall from granny, viewed by millions, seems a little to perfect to be anything else. <p></p><i></i>
hmm

RE

Postby Quentin Quire » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:19 am

I'm certainly not ruling anything out here, Hmm, and your post was interesting. He certainly seems to have been used in media spin during his army days but I'm hesitant to say that this has been carried in to his new career.<br><br>But anything's possible, right? <p></p><i></i>
Quentin Quire

Sir Anthony Blunt

Postby antiaristo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:32 pm

hmm,<br>During your research did you come across anything about Sir Anthony Blunt? If there is any connection there I would say you've hit the jackpot.<br><br>Sir Anthony Blunt was the "fifth man" in the Cambridge spy ring that included Kim Philby, Burgess and McClean.<br><br>This spy ring was highly instrumental in passing nuclear secrets to the Soviets. Some say they gave them the bomb. It could have been a dry run for the operations of BCCI and AQ Khan in more recent times.<br><br>Blunt was outed in the 1980's when Thatcher was in her pomp. But Thatcher was allowed to do nothing against him, and she was furious.<br><br>Why? Because he worked for the Queen, as Keeper of the Queen's Pictures.<br><br>There is a famous TV dramatisation of the saga where Prunella Scales plays Queen Elizabeth, and partakes of an extremely wierd conversation with Blunt.<br><br>Put this together with Profumo and as I say you MAY have hit the jackpot (if the connection exists)<br><br>It is the Windsors behind the spreading of the nuclear bomb.<br>Presumably so that they can reduce the population. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Re: Sir Anthony Blunt

Postby hmm » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:54 pm

i'm glad you noticed as i had come across him, and was as amazed as you are.<br>The only thing is searching google for just blount brings up about 5 million hits and blount+genealogy brings up 263,000 hits.<br>and genealogy isnt exactly a science when done via the web.<br>the problem i have hit is that i have James Blunt/Blounts name,and that of his father Charles but nothing further on his direct family.<br>and there is a immense amount of information on the blounts up to the 17th century, and alot well sourced, but most of the information after that i have found is mainly related to the american branch (as they are so fond of putting their "heritage" online).<br>but inbetween his father and the 17th century i dont have anything definitive.<br><br>his father is Charles Blount and he used to be in the Army Air Corps<br><br>if this is the right Charles Blount his last official job for the army was commandant of the Army Air Corps Display Team The Blue Eagles<br><br>a picture of him here (if the right Charles blount):<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/eagles/shows/supday1.jpg">www.deltaweb.co.uk/eagles...upday1.jpg</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The Commandant, Colonel Charles Blount<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>the only other thing i have found about his direct relatives was this quote<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>a grandfather who was once commander of the Tower of London<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>but googling Blount+Tower+of+London brings up 163,000 hits..<br><br>i was hoping for others to help fill in the gaps..<br>i dont expect there to be a article out there in the wild saying out loud that James Blunt was related to Sir Anthony the russian spy.. <p></p><i></i>
hmm

Re: Sir Anthony Blunt Google search

Postby antiaristo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:29 pm

hmm,<br>I'm not being funny, but you may not know this.<br>We all have our blind spots.<br><br>I did the same google as yourself and got 168,000 hits.<br>I then put tower of london in inverted commas and got<br><br>Results 1 - 10 of about 16,700 for Blount "tower of london". (0.21 seconds)<br><br>MUCH more efficient. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby hmm » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:43 pm

you are right ofcourse,but was getting 0 results when i had blount in inverted commas too..<br><br>that family has a impressive pedigree?<br><br>thankyou for helping to focus my mind,some obvious family links had been staring me in the face..<br>that still doesnt answer your question, but it is more data?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2005/05/18/music_feature_james_blunt_interview_200505_feature.shtml">www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/con...ture.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Were you brought up in Norfolk?<br><br>A little bit. My grandparents live in Cley and my dad now has the windmill which is a guest house. So I've spent much time up there, but a lot of it was at school as well and my dad was sent abroad so often as well with the army. So it's always been his home and he was completely<br>brought up there. He spent years of his life there.<br><br>Do your family still live in the windmill?<br><br>No, they don't. It's now a guest house, but my cousins and uncles are all around that area. But my dad's now living down in Hampshire.<br><br>Do you go back to Cley and stay in the windmill?<br><br>Absolutely.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Do you have any memories of your grandfather who was Norfolk's deputy lieutenant?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Yes, very much. I was relatively young when he died so my memories are limited to seeing and recognising this old man as your grandfather. I don't know much about his character and things like that. I've obviously read a few things now but he seemed like a nice man.<br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.cleymill.co.uk/history.html">www.cleymill.co.uk/history.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>In 1921 it was bought by <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Sarah Maria Wilson</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and converted into a holiday home. The conversion involved removing most of the working parts and fixing the cap and sails. The old stones, used for grinding the flour, were set into the ground nearby and the warehouses were converted into stables and boat sheds.<br><br>In 1934 the Mill passed to her grandson, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Hubert Blount</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, who made many improvements, including replacing the sails in 1960. During the war years the Mill was used by <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>his aunt, Sister Rachel</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, who, with another nun, Sister Catherine, became legends in the local area. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The Duchess of Bedford</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, who was finally lost at sea flying her own aircraft, was one of the frequent visitors during this period.<br><br>In 1953 the sea again came to Cley, which suffered its worst flooding for 400 years. The Mill stood firm but much of the furniture was damaged or washed away. A sea wall was built around the remainder of the village. In 1979 the Mill passed to Charles and Jane Blount and in 1983 was renovated and converted into its present form. The sails, fanstage and galleries were replaced in 1988.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://bluntygirl.proboards43.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=1121543840">bluntygirl.proboards43.co...1121543840</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>EDP24 website - interview with James's parents<br>« Thread Started on Jul 16, 2005, 8:57pm »        <br>‘Beautiful’ James has proud parents<br><br>RACHEL BANHAM<br><br>July 13, 2005<br><br>~snip~<br><br>He also attributes James' talents to <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>his grandmother Farran</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, who lives in Ipswich and used to play the piano. By coincidence, James is set to play a sold-out show at the town's Regent Theatre as part of his UK tour.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
hmm

RE

Postby Quentin Quire » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:54 pm

Or perhaps - maybe they just happen to share the same surname and have no relation whatsoever?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Quentin Quire

Postby antiaristo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:01 pm

WOW! Some real resonance here.<br>Norfolk. That's home to the winter royal residence (Sandringham)<br><br>It's also home to Anglia Television.<br>And once home to the Cleary family.<br><br>My boss, David McCall was Chief Executive of Anglia Television. He was the key inside man for the fraud carried out by the Vampire of Finance, Lord Clive Hollick.<br>He was Deputy Lieutenant at the time.<br><br>The Lord Lieutenant at the time was Timothy Colman (of the mustard family).<br>He was Chairman of Eastern County Newspapers, owners of the Eastern Daily Press. That newspaper was complicit in the fraud.<br><br>Today he is Sir Timothy Colman KG.<br><br>A Knight of the Garter.<br><br>Anglia Television was heavily Masonic.<br>It was founded by Lord Townshend of Raynham, who became the first Chairman.<br>He recruited David McCall as a young man. He became company secretary at about thirty years of age.<br>He was recruited from Aberdeen, Grampian Television.<br><br>Lord Townshend is listed by Martin Short as one of the top Freemasons in the United Kingdom.<br><br>Added on edit<br><br>The propagated fiction is that these ancient positions have no power. That is not true.<br><br>The Lord Lieutenant chooses the magistrates.<br>And he appoints the Chief Constable.<br><br>Of course there is a great deal of camoflage dressed around this, with all sorts of "consultative committees" to give a democratic flavour, but in the final analysis it is all dross.<br><br>Both the courts and the police are crown institutions. That is why, for example, the police were told that they were under no duty of care to the general public.<br><br>The Lord Lieutenant is the Queen's representative in each county of England.<br><br>It is far from insignificant that Timothy Colman joined the ranks of the Garter Knights. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=antiaristo>antiaristo</A> at: 3/23/06 7:56 pm<br></i>
antiaristo

Sir John Blunt -The South Sea Bubble

Postby madeupname452 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:25 pm

The South Sea Company was proposed in 1710 by George Caswall, London merchant, financier, and stock broker, and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>John Blunt</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, London scrivener turned stock broker.<br>The British government had spent itself into debt totaling over ten million pounds and this debt was bought by the South Sea Company who were also granted exclusive trading rights with south america.The value of stock in the company soared in value and provoked a general speculative frenzy and scores of "bubble" companies appeared selling shares in all sorts of speculative and fraudulent ventures -many fortunes were made and lost when the bubbles eventually burst .<br>Sir John Blunt was eventually tried by parliament for his part in the financial scandal and suffered confiscation of his fortune.I will not relate the whole complicated and interesting tale here.You can read about the south sea bubble in the book <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds" by Charles Mackay</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> or there is a nice summary at <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.historyhouse.com/in_history/south_sea/">www.historyhouse.com/in_h...south_sea/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>I do not know if the tiresome popular singer is related but i have noticed that his marketing is trading heavily on his royal connections and his patrician and military background. <p></p><i></i>
madeupname452

Re: Sir John Blunt -The South Sea Bubble

Postby antiaristo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:41 pm

Funny you should raise the South Sea Bubble, 452.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:small;">Watchdog says hedge funds fit for retail use</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br>By Liz Chong<br> <br>THE Financial Services Authority declared hedge funds fit for the retail investor yesterday as details emerged of the country’s latest hedge fund scandal. <br><br>Retail investors could invest in funds of hedge funds by late 2007 after a consultation by the City watchdog next year. In its long-awaited response to a consultation, the FSA also proposed that it authorise funds of funds. The proposal was greeted warmly by the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) but others were sceptical. <br><br>Douglas Sharp, head of compliance at Atlas Capital, a fund of hedge funds with $5 billion under management, said: “This is all very nice but <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>most of the funds we invest in are not subject to the FSA’s jurisdiction</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.” <br><br>Yesterday the FSA for the first time excluded a hedge fund manager from working in the City after he falsely inflated returns from his $200 million fund. Jae Wook Oh, a Korean-American who headed Regents Park Capital Management in London, has agreed not to work in the City for three years after inflating his 2005 results. <br><br>It is understood that Mr Oh, a former trader at Deutsche Bank, was removed from the $200 million credit fund in December by investors who appointed rival hedge fund Citadel to unwind its positions. <br><br>The FSA is not investigating Regents Park or any of its staff. <br><br>The regulator is halfway through an investigation into valuations, citing concerns about pressure on hedge funds to inflate returns.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9063-2101135,00.html">business.timesonline.co.u...35,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>has agreed not to work in the City for three years<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>Wow! They really threw the book at THAT one.<br>I'll bet HE won't do it again.<br> <br> <br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Sir Anthony Blunt II

Postby antiaristo » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:15 pm

This guy is an interesting link in his own right, whether or not connected to the pop star.<br><br>He was a promiscuous homosexual in the 1920s,1930s, 1940s and 1950s - times when it was illegal. A homosexual then would be in the same position as a child-rapist today. Indeed a strong case can be made that the surge in child abuse was caused to fill the vacuum in blackmailables.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="font-size:small;">Miranda Carter - Anthony Blunt: His Lives</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br> <br>from the publisher:<br><br>Here is the first full biography of the most notorious British spy of the twentieth century. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>For decades a leading light of English high society and the international art world</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, Sir Anthony Blunt became an object of widespread hatred when, in 1979, Margaret Thatcher exposed him as a Soviet agent. <br><br>In Anthony Blunt: His Lives, Miranda Carter traces Blunt's transformations, from young member of the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Bloomsbury</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> circle, to left-wing intellectual, to camouflaged member of the establishment. Until his treachery was made public, Blunt was celebrated for his groundbreaking work on Poussin, Italian art, and Old Master drawings; at the Courtauld Institute he trained a whole generation of academics and curators. And yet even as he ascended from rebellion into outward conformity, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>he was a homosexual when homosexuality was a crime, and a traitor when the penalty was death.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>The layers of secrecy upon which Blunt's life depended are here stripped away for the first time, thanks to testimony from those who knew Blunt well but have until now kept silent, and also to documents unearthed from Russian archives, including a secret autobiography Blunt wrote for his controllers. Anthony Blunt is at once a deeply nuanced account of <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>fifty years inside the British power elite</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, and an astonishing history of <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>one of the century's greatest acts of duplicity.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>Miranda Carter was educated at St. Paul's Girl's School and Exeter College, Oxford. She worked as a publisher and journalist before beginning research on her biography of Anthony Blunt in 1994. She lives in London with her husband and son. This is her first book. <br><br>The following is an excerpt from the book Anthony Blunt: His Lives by Miranda Carter.<br><br>Prologue<br><br>From the moment of his exposure as a former Russian spy by the Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, in November 1979, Anthony Blunt became a man about whom anything could be said. <br><br>He was described as 'the spy with no shame'. He was 'an arrogant evil poseur'. He was a 'treacherous Communist poof '. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>It was rumoured that at Cambridge he had seduced and blackmailed impressionable undergraduates into serving his nefarious schemes</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. He had been responsible for the deaths of forty-nine wartime Dutch Special Operations agents behind enemy lines; he might, indeed, have been responsible for any number of deaths. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He had been involved in devious conspiracies with Louis Mountbatten -- possibly to put Mountbatten's relatives on the thrones of Europe after the Second World War.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> He had salted away a fortune abroad. He had brought about the suicide of one of his students, Virginia Lee. He had been a predatory homosexual, or even <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>a paedophile with links to the Kincora children's home scandal in Northern Ireland</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->; he had blackmailed the Establishment into granting him immunity from prosecution by threatening to reveal proof that the Duke of Windsor had been plotting with the Nazis during the Second World War; he had been an authenticator of forgeries, and had connived with the French picture dealer Georges Wildenstein to sell a fake Georges de la Tour to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York; he had stolen the credit for a book on Picasso from a pupil and colleague, Phoebe Pool; he had borrowed money from <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>his friend Victor Rothschild</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> to buy a Poussin, and never repaid it; he had cheated the elderly Duncan Grant out of a Poussin he had owned, subsequently using his influence to get an export licence to sell the picture at a hugely inflated price to a gallery in Canada; he had engineered the Courtauld Institute's move to Somerset House in the Strand in order to deprive the country of a Turner museum, as part of a fiendish plot to 'relegate British art to a secondary position'.<br><br>After his exposure, Blunt became a kind of screen on which fiction and fantasy were projected. There was little he could do about this. After the publication of one of the more extravagant stories he asked his lawyer, Michael Rubinstein, if he had any legal recourse, and was told that he did not: he had lost his good name, and it would therefore be impossible to sue for libel. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He had in effect so defamed himself that no further defamation was possible.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>That was one of the main factors which helped to obscure the truth about Blunt after his downfall. Another was his sheer usefulness as a hate figure. At the time of his exposure the Cold War had led to a polarization of intellectual and political life so absolute that it was entirely taken for granted by all participants. For the Right in Britain, invigorated by Mrs Thatcher's victory in the general election of May 1979, Blunt was the apotheosis of a particular species of privileged, ungrateful, over-educated, unpatriotic, left-wing intellectual -- and homosexual to boot. He embodied the hypocrisy of a liberal class which gave thanks for its inherited freedoms by betraying them. The press harped on about the naturally lax, relativistic morals of intellectuals and their automatic assumption that they were better than anyone else; these were the obvious reasons for Blunt's misdeeds. 'Less intellectual people have simpler ideas and more direct instincts,' one Thatcherite intellectual wrote. Blunt became defined as a caricature of his class (privileged, therefore overindulged), his calling (academic, therefore elitist and snobbish) and his sexual orientation (homosexual, therefore predatory and wedded to secrets). Sometimes the results were unintentionally hilarious: Mask of Treachery, a prurient, feverishly homophobic, wildly fantastical (if interminable - at 761 pages) spy biography by the late journalist-turned-'contemporary historian' John Costello was subtitled in the USA 'Lies, Spies, Buggery and Betrayal'. The caricature continues to this day: 'Pampered with an upper class education and a comfortable lifestyle,' runs one entry for Blunt in a recent internet history of espionage, 'Anthony Blunt embraced espionage as easily as he would later accept the honours of the country he betrayed. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>An arrogant intellectual Blunt put himself and his ideas above his loyalty to England. Like most of his class, he felt himself superior to the concept of nations.'</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <br><br>There were other things that could have been said about Blunt; at the time, his friends were reluctant to say them. Many of these friends were in a dilemma. They had no wish to join the rush to public condemnation, but at the same time they were not keen to speak up on Blunt's behalf. For one thing, the torrent of public abuse was so overwhelming that any countervailing voices were drowned out: the publication of one former student's letter of support in The Times led to his denunciation for 'moral blindness', and death threats. For another thing, many of Blunt's friends felt personally betrayed by him. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>He had lied to them, systematically and without any apparent compunction, for as long as he had known them</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. Even for those who were by no stretch of the imagination Cold Warriors, the fact that he had passed secrets to the Soviet Union at a time <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>when it was allied with Nazi Germany</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> created no strong wish to enter the lists publicly on his behalf. <br><br>The fact that Blunt had been a spy, of course, muddied the waters from the start. Espionage seems naturally to attract conspiracy theorists and fantasists; but even serious would-be chroniclers have for the most part been forced to rely -- in the absence of reliable information from British Intelligence -- on the fallible, sometimes deliberately misleading, and often entirely self-serving memories of former Intelligence officers. In the last few years the Russian Intelligence Archives have made available more information about Blunt and his fellow spies, but they have kept the publication of material under careful control, making their information available only to those whom they choose -- notably former KGB officers, the relatives of former KGB officers and former Cold Warrior spy writers. (It is a peculiar irony that, since the end of the Cold War, these spy writers and former KGB officers have found they have more in common with each other than with anyone else.) They have also given no indication of how complete their disclosures are. In this field, no one with information gives it without a strong reason, and the first question to ask of any revelation is always, cui bono? <br><br>The factor which most persistently kept Blunt a mystery, however, was his own fundamental mysteriousness, the fact that <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>even to his friends he was an enigma</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. They were well aware that there were many things they did not know about him. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>'I worked with him for thirty years, but I never felt I really knew him</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->,' his deputy director at the Courtauld Institute of Art, George Zarnecki, said later. There were plenty of others who felt the same way. This was no accident. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Blunt had spent much of his life in flight from being known and understood</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. He was a habitual <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>compartmentalizer</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> and withdrawer from the world. In contrast to the volumes of emotional autobiographical memoir left by the Bloomsbury Group -- whom he knew and by whom he was fascinated in his early youth -- Blunt left extraordinarily few permanent personal traces of himself. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>It was as if he had spent years trying to excise himself from the record</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. His letters were almost always undated and almost always empty of personal detail; his 'official' communications to his staff at the Courtauld were as ephemeral as it was possible to be, scribbled in the lightest pencil on torn scraps of paper. His prose style was as cool and impersonal as he could make it. His few attempts at memoir were exasperatingly pedestrian and clumsy, as if the effort of examining and explaining himself was both alien and discomfiting. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Even in the face of total condemnation and loss of reputation, he resisted the urge to explain</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. After his exposure he gave one press conference, in which his evasions -- some real, some apparent -- merely fed the media's appetite for a monster. He seldom spoke about the matter again, and virtually never appeared in public. <br><br>Twenty-two years after Blunt's exposure, much has changed. Perhaps the most important of all these changes has been the end of the Cold War. The ideological polarizations which divided almost all political and intellectual life, in Britain as elsewhere, have eased. Blunt's history can be seen in its particularity, rather than as an exemplary (to many, exemplarily hateful) general case. From this new perspective, his life vividly illustrates certain key moments and themes of twentieth-century Britain: intellectual, political, sexual and social. Blunt was a public-school rebel of a near-textbook type; in the 1920s he became a follower of Bloomsbury; in the 1930s a left-wing intellectual; in the 1950s and '60s an impeccably camouflaged man of the Establishment. He turned the Courtauld Institute into a famous centre for research into art history. He was a great teacher who trained a generation of world-class curators and academics. He played a central role in restoring the reputation of the French painter Nicolas Poussin; he wrote several ground-breaking books on French art and architecture and baroque art, and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>was for decades the most powerful and influential man in British art history</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. He was homosexual in a world where homosexuality was against the law, and a traitor at a time when the penalty for the crime was death. <br><br>Three other factors have made a biography of Blunt possible. One of them is that his friends and colleagues -- for the most part -- came to forgive or to comprehend or to put in context his spying, and became willing to talk about their memories of him. It would not have been possible to write this book without these testimonies, which I make no apology for stressing throughout my account of Blunt. Another, linked, help in writing this book has been a gradual evolution in attitudes to homosexuality, which has caused friends and lovers of Blunt to speak much more openly about these sides of his life than would once have been possible. A last crucial factor has been the avalanche of material about spying which has been let loose by the end of the Cold War.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.2think.org/anthonyblunt.shtml">www.2think.org/anthonyblunt.shtml</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Mountbatten again.<br>We learned a week or so ago that Mountbatten was to be the strong man in the coup against Wilson in 1976.<br><br>But the Queen Mother was much smarter than that.<br>She put in a union man, Jim Callaghan.<br><br>"Aaah!" she might have said, channelling LBJ, "But he's MY union man!"<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Next

Return to Deep Politics