Why did Bush revoke Executive Order 13011 today?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Why did Bush revoke Executive Order 13011 today?

Postby NavnDansk » Sat May 13, 2006 10:56 am

Very important Kos Diary on bush's response to the gathering storm of scandals:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/5/12/232746/857">www.dailykos.com/story/20...232746/857</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Why did Bush revoke Executive Order 13011 today?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> by exmearden <br>Fri May 12, 2006 at 08:27:46 PM PDT<br><br>In scanning the whitehouse.gov site today, I noticed the following Executive Order:<br><br>Executive Order: Amendments to Executive Orders 11030, 13279, 13339, 13381, and 13389, and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Revocation</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> of Executive Order 13011 ....<br>----<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Executive Orders are now SECRET ???</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br>That would mean that DOJ and Bush have the power to enact sweeping reorganizations of the government or society without even TELLING anyone. Remember it was by executive order that the Japanese were put in internment camps. Under existing executive orders, in time of "emergency," people can be rounded up, put into the camps, drafted into the army on the spot, food rationing put into place, property confiscated. Nobody's ever done this <br>since WWII, but Clinton and other presidents have continued to add Executive Orders, and a lot of people criticized the "New World Order" police state that they make possible. It's definitely part of "unitary executive" theory.<br>-----<br><br>What Replaced It? <br>Is it possible that 13011 was replaced with another, classified Executive Order or Presidential finding?<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Ia! Ia! Chtulu Fhtagn! (Chtulu says: Believe in Justice and Truth, or I'll wrap my tentacles around your head and draw on you with big magic markers.)</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br>---<br>Since DOD is in the midst of a power grab to put as much intelligence gathering and analysis as possible within the defense department, my bet is that this revocation is setting the stage for 1) destroying the CIA as it now stands and handing the responsibilities for that department to Negroponte, and 2) moving as many intelligence services not currently under the jurisdiction of the DOD as possible into that department's jurisdiction.<br>---<br>Exmearden, this is hilarious About the time that you posted this diary, I too was wandering around whitehouse.gov...<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>thinking that there might be something embarrassing being done on the Friday of such an embarrassing week.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> I too noticed Bush's new Ex. Order, which I read in full. And I too wondered why he was revoking E.O. 13011. I too decided that it was worth writing up at dKos.<br><br>Then my wife came home from a trip to NYC, and we chatted for an hour and a half. I returned to my computer and, without looking at any recent diaries (assuming that nobody <br>else would ever have written on the subject), I wrote up a post on the newish Open Thread.<br><br>I gave it this title: <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Why did Bush revoke Executive Order 13011 today?</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> That's right, exactly the same title you gave your diary.<br><br>What more can I say, except that I tried to offer a plausible explanation for the revocation in case you want to check it out. I don't know that it would stand up to scrutiny.<br><br>I will say however that this is one of the funniest coincidences I've ever noticed at dKos.<br><br>=I didn't even do a diary search like I normally do before I posted this...I was cruising the whitehouse site at work this afternoon (while installing the latest security stuff on one of my work machines, oddly enough) and saw this E.O. I prudently waited until I got home to do some research and to post. I suspected it was so obscure that few others on a Friday night would see it.<br><br>It is hilarious...great minds and all that ;>)<br><br>Now if I could just read the future and determine what this revocation really means...<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Things 'ave transpired which made me learn<br>The size and meanin' of the game.<br>R. Kipling</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br>--<br><br>Very technical, skipped over or skimmed some of that to glean what conclusions people were making. We need to watch the bush regime closely at this time when things are falling apart for them.<br><br>A positive site with some "idears' <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.theperfectsystem.net/">www.theperfectsystem.net/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=navndansk>NavnDansk</A> at: 5/13/06 9:00 am<br></i>
NavnDansk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why did Bush revoke Executive Order 13011 today?

Postby dugoboy » Sat May 13, 2006 1:36 pm

official text of Executive Order 13011:<br><br>link: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.clintonfoundation.org/legacy/071696-executive-order-13011-on-federal-information-technology.htm" target="top">EXECUTIVE ORDER 13011</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>what bush did:<br><br>link: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/05/20060512-5.html" target="top">amendments to 5 executive orders and the revocation of 1</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dugoboy@rigorousintuition>dugoboy</A> at: 5/13/06 11:40 am<br></i>
dugoboy

Postby dbeach » Sat May 13, 2006 2:01 pm

"Executive Orders are now SECRET ???"<br><br>and have been for some time . bush has used some .<br> don't know how many<br><br>BUT generally whatever bush does is to further consolidate his power and ruin the deteriorating middle class <br><br>the executive branch has been incresing its power since tricky dicky in 1970s<br><br>and Nixon was /is a Saint compared to herr bushfraud the MOST dangerous DC pol in US history and with his homicidal Poppy O right behond him to cover any of jrs mistakes.<br><br>These indeed are the times that try our Souls.<br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby greencrow0 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 pm

'Herr Bushfraud'.<br><br>I like that, dbeach.<br><br>GC <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Return to Deep Politics