CIA Goss resigns-- perfect storm?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Foggo quits!

Postby Col Quisp » Mon May 08, 2006 7:49 pm

And now Foggo is leaving!<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rawstory.com/">www.rawstory.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Foggo is leaving !

Postby rain » Tue May 09, 2006 8:47 am

leaving for where ?<br><br>south of the border perhaps ?<br><br>a little stroll down memory lane in the autumn years ?<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=32916&dcn=todaysnews">www.govexec.com/story_pag...todaysnews</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Negroponte">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Negroponte</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Re: Foggo is leaving !

Postby Byrne » Tue May 09, 2006 10:44 am

Not sure if these points have been covered upthread but my post <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm10.showMessage?topicID=4246.topic" target="top">America`s Geopolitical Nightmare - Engdahl article</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> contains the following:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Goss’ departure was preceded by the growing scandal involving Goss’ Number 3 man at CIA, Executive Director, Kyle ‘Dusty’ Foggo. Last December the CIA Inspector General opened an investigation into Foggo’s role in Pengaton-CIA contract fraud. Foggo is also being linked to an emerging White House-GOP sex scandal which could pale the Monika Lewinsky affair. As Goss violated seniority precedence in naming Foggo to No. 3 at CIA, the Goss resignation and the imminent breaking sex and bribery scandals around Foggo are being linked by some media.<br><br>The Foggo case is tied to disgraced Republican Congressman, Randall ‘Duke’ Cunningham. Federal prosecutors have accused, as an un-indicted co-conspirator, one of Foggo’s closest friends, San Diego businessman Brent Wilkes, of participating in a scheme to bribe Cunningham, the former GOP congressman from San Diego. Cunningham in turn is linked to convicted Republican money launderer and fix-it man, Jack Abramoff. Foggo oversaw contracts involving at least one of the companies accused of paying bribes to Congressman Cunningham. The Wall Street Journal reports that Foggo has been a close friend, since junior high school, with California defense contractor Brent R. Wilkes. They report, an ongoing ‘criminal investigation’ centers on whether Mr. Foggo used his postings at the CIA to improperly steer contracts to Mr. Wilkes's companies.’<br><br>Wilkes was implicated in the charges filed against Cunningham, as an un-indicted co-conspirator who allegedly paid $630,000 in bribes to Cunningham for help in obtaining federal defense and other contracts. No charges have been filed against Wilkes, though federal prosecutors in San Diego are working to build a case against him, as well as Foggo.<br><br>The FBI and federal prosecutors are investigating evidence that Wilkes had given gifts to Foggo and paid for various services, including alleged sex orgies at the Watergate (now Westin), while Foggo was in a position to help him gain particular CIA contracts.<br><br>The CIA inspector general has opened an investigation into the spy agency's executive director, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, and his connections to two defense contractors accused of bribing a member of Congress and Pentagon officials.<br><br>The Goss resignation follows on the heels of public calls for Secretary Rumsfeld’s immediate resignation over the Iraq military debacle coming from a growing chorus of retired US military generals. <br><br>The latest in the slow, systematic ‘let ‘em twist in the wind’ process of downsizing the Bush regime, was an incident in Atlanta May 4 before a supposedly friendly foreign policy audience where Rumsfeld spoke. During the question period, he was confronted with his laying about the ground for going to war in Iraq.<br><br>Ray McGovern, a 27-year CIA veteran who once gave then-President George H.W. Bush his morning intelligence briefings, engaged in an extended debate with Rumsfeld. He asked why Rumsfeld had insisted before the Iraq invasion that there was ‘bulletproof evidence’ linking Saddam Hussein to Al Qaeda.<br><br>‘Was that a lie, Mr. Rumsfeld, or was that manufactured somewhere else? Because all of my CIA colleagues disputed that and so did the 9/11 commission,’ McGovern asked a startled Rumsfeld. ‘Why did you lie to get us into a war that was not necessary?’<br><br>Significant in terms of the shift reflected in how the establishment media handles Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush today is the following account in the Los Angeles Times:<br><br>‘At the start of the exchange, Rumsfeld remained his usual unflappable self, insisting, "I haven't lied; I did not lie then," before launching into a vigorous defense of the administration's prewar assertions on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.<br><br>But Rumsfeld became uncharacteristically tongue-tied when McGovern pressed him on claims that he knew where unconventional Iraqi weapons were located.<br><br>"You said you knew where they were," McGovern said.<br><br>"I did not. I said I knew where suspected sites were," Rumsfeld retorted.<br><br>McGovern then read from statements the Defense secretary had made that weapons were located near Tikrit, Iraq, and Baghdad…’<br><br>Rumsfeld was stone silent. The entire episode was filmed and shown on network television. Rumsfeld’s days are clearly numbered. Karl Rove is rumoured to be days away from being co -indicted with Cheney aide Lewis Libby for the Valerie Plame CIA leak affair. Recall that that affair was over alleged Niger uranium evidence as basis for convincing Congress to waive a War Declaration on Iraq and give Bush carte blanche. All threads are being carefully woven, evidently by a re-emerging realist faction into a tapestry which will likely spell Impeachment, perhaps also of the Vice President, the real power behind this Presidency.<br><br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Byrne

A whole 'nother ring..?

Postby albion » Tue May 09, 2006 4:24 pm

You can believe Larisa Alexandrovna (or her sources) or not, but she continues to make some very interesting claims. Via <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://wotisitgood4.blogspot.com/2006/05/porter-goss-another-prostitution-ring.html">WotisitGood4</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Porter Goss. *Another* prostitution ring. Gay hookers.<br><br>larisa did a surprise spot on the PeterBCollins show on Friday night. (here is the mp3 - starts at about 5 min)<br><br>1. She heard about goss on Thurs night (ie in advance)<br><br>2. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>there's a another prostitution ring - separate to the wilkes prostitution ring.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Goss was involved in that other ring as well - and the prostitutes were of both genders... expects this story will break soon.<br><br>3. When Karl gets indicted it will be for lesser crimes than he ought to - because he gave Fitz the 250 pages of emails<br><br>posted by lukery at 5/09/2006 02:10:00 PM<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Time will tell..or not, I guess. <p></p><i></i>
albion

Feds Search Home, Office of CIA #3 Foggo

Postby dugoboy » Fri May 12, 2006 6:49 pm

link: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060512/ap_on_go_ot/cia_foggo" target="top">Feds Search Home, Office of CIA Official </a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Federal agents searched the home and office of the CIA's departing No. 3 official on Friday as part of a corruption investigation that has sent a former congressman to prison and now involves CIA contracts.<br><br>Foggo agreed to step down as the CIA's executive officer under pressure because federal authorities are investigating whether he improperly awarded contracts to San Diego businessman and friend Brent Wilkes, according to federal law enforcement and intelligence officials. They spoke on condition of anonymity because investigations were ongoing.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dugoboy

Re: goss does not deny attending the parties?

Postby isachar » Sat May 13, 2006 3:55 pm

A little birdie friend who works in Langely VA told me that when the internal news of Porter G's resignation came over the 'puters there, shouts of hooray could be heard up and down the hallways.<br><br>Guess they didn't get rid of ALL their internal (non-Kool-Aid drinking spooks, that is) enemies there. Or perhaps they just made several more after the purge. <p></p><i></i>
isachar

Re: goss does not deny attending the parties?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat May 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Could the goring of the CIA's ox be a tit-for-tat response to Karl Rove's indictment?<br><br>In my mind, Fitzpatrick is part of the CIA's judicial system team putting the screws to this White House cabal as internecine gang warfare over the corpse of the American republic, nothing to do with "justice." More like necromancy.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Previous

Return to Deep Politics