A Force More Powerful

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

A Force More Powerful

Postby Iroquois » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:05 pm

I haven't seen this myself, yet. That may take a while. But, I thought it looked interesting and that others here may be interested.<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Can a computer game teach how to fight real-world adversaries—dictators, military occupiers and corrupt rulers, using methods that have succeeded in actual conflicts—not with laser rays or AK47s, but with non-military strategies and nonviolent weapons? Such a game, A Force More Powerful (AFMP), is now available. A unique collaboration of experts on nonviolent conflict working with veteran game designers has developed a simulation game that teaches the strategy of nonviolent conflict. A dozen scenarios, inspired by recent history, include conflicts against dictators, occupiers, colonizers and corrupt regimes, as well as struggles to secure the political and human rights of ethnic and racial minorities and women.<br><br>A Force More Powerful is the first and only game to teach the waging of conflict using nonviolent methods. Destined for use by activists and leaders of nonviolent resistance and opposition movements, the game will also educate the media and general public on the potential of nonviolent action and serve as a simulation tool for academic studies of nonviolent resistance. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Source: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.afmpgame.com/">www.afmpgame.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Iroquois

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A Force More Powerful

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:59 am

Thanks for the link, that game is still beyond this old shitbox i'm typing on but what a brilliant idea. <p></p><i></i>
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics