More Dirt On Chip Berlet

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

More Dirt On Chip Berlet

Postby heyjt » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:52 pm

My old Buddy the late Ace Hayes publicly confronted the Bananna slug known as Chip Berlet, as an agent provocateur or asset. Due to the non-profit status of Berlet's group, Ace was able to get a copy of their tax return. Low and behold, they recieved money from "The Beacon Fund", which is listed in William Blum's "The CIA, a Forgotten History" as being a conduit for CIA money.<br><br> Now, I am no fan of Larouche, but there is somthing to be said about "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"-- Here's the latest from Larouche on Berlet, just an excerpt and link:<br><br>What Is Chip Berlet?<br>John Foster "Chip" Berlet's upcoming speech to the International Cultic Studies Association , is yet one more assignment in a bizarre life devoted largely to abusing Lyndon LaRouche.<br><br>Berlet was born in 1949 in New Jersey, the son of Reserve Army Lt. Col. George Numa Berlet, Jr., who reportedly worked permanently in military intelligence. The father became involved with layers of the intelligence apparatus, by combining his career as a Wall Street stock and bond executive, and his high rank within veterans organizations such as the American Legion. George named his son after John Foster Dulles, the brother of CIA Director Allen Dulles and an early supporter of Adolf Hitler.<br><br>Berlet drifted into radical causes in college, such as those favoring narcotics legalization and homosexuality.<br><br>Around 1975, when he was about 25 years old, Berlet was in Chicago, having entered a world of political intrigue as a staff member of the National Student Association (NSA).<br><br>NSA had been exposed back in 1967 as a front for the Central Intelligence Agency. By the time Chip Berlet came in, New Leftism had taken the helm at the NSA.<br><br>Chip was reportedly recruited to the NSA by David Ifshin, famous as the Association's earlier president who had gone to Hanoi in 1970 to broadcast against the U.S. war. But before he mentored Berlet into the NSA, Ifshin had undergone a miraculous change of mind, moving him into the service of the London-New York banking axis and their Cold War Social Democrats.<br><br>Chip Berlet became the NSA's chief fundraiser. Having grown up with his father's intelligence connections, Chip was the perfect intermediary to the new radical-theme foundations such as the Field Foundation, the Carnegie Foundation, and the Stern Family Fund, which funded Wall Street radical-Zoo projects in tandem with the Ford Foundation.[3]<br><br>NSA activists at the time have described Berlet as a "non-ideological" permanent staffer, more or less apolitical: a well-connected apparatchik.<br><br>Berlet's recruiter Daivd Ifshin would go on to become general counsel to the American Israel Public Affairs Council (AIPAC), a leader of the Anti-Defamation League, and a director of the neoconservative Committee for a Democratic Majority. Thus did Berlet join the team which aimed, in particular, for the eradication of the Franklin Roosevelt legacy within the Democratic Party.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2006/3324_berlet.html">www.larouchepub.com/other...erlet.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Deep Politics